Prometheus Trailer Breakdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Prometheus Trailer Breakdown (23/12/2011 11:48:20 AM)

Post your comments on this article

TheWitherall -> (23/12/2011 11:48:20 AM)

YES! Good work! Well worth all the nagging I've been doing...

xpialidoceous -> is that ... ? (23/12/2011 11:56:24 AM)

page 26. that's Mila Jovovich. It's Alien vs. The Fifth Element! I KNEW IT !!!! *cough*

Skillgannon -> Good job (23/12/2011 12:03:55 PM)

Totally missed the person in the Space Jockey shot. Thanks for pointing it out.
One question: Where is Guy Pearce in all of this?

burtbondy -> Page 29 (23/12/2011 12:10:29 PM)

That humanoid is fascinating. Is he firing up that big gun. Too many questions. Cant wait for this.

monkiipalm -> Changing (23/12/2011 12:21:21 PM)

His teeth look very pointy... (re.Page 24)

bnicholson50 -> Spoilt (23/12/2011 12:37:48 PM)

What a line up for 2012. Scott returns to sci-fi. Jackson returns to middle earth. Fincher returns to the serial killer thriller. Nolan returns to Gotham. Abrams begins another entry to the captains log. Ritchie returns to 221B Baker Street.

shitneck -> (23/12/2011 12:52:05 PM)

Is the old guy in the suit/wheelchair Mr Weyland? Not seen Lance Henrikksen around for a while and you couldn't really make another Alien film without him.... could you?

mjscarface -> Can't wait! (23/12/2011 12:59:48 PM)

2012 is going to be a fantastic year for films with something for everyone; Expendables 2, Hobbit, TDKR, Prometheus, Avengers etc.

blindfold -> OLD GUY (23/12/2011 1:06:02 PM)

Looks like the old guy is the same guy who gets injured/infected by acid/smoke. So her suffers, turns bad, attacks the crew, grows to a large size and then becomes the jockey and ends up with a hole in his chest.

savethedreads -> (23/12/2011 1:07:03 PM)

This breakdown makes me want to see this film even more desperately. I cannot wait for 2012!

KnightofZyryab -> (23/12/2011 1:09:34 PM)

Awesome breakdown; quite a brilliantly made and executed trailer. So much detail and unanswered questions per frame.

Endricte -> Page 27 (23/12/2011 1:16:38 PM)

There's a hole and smoke pouring out the side of the ship, where at the end, the rolling donut does not have a hole. Either the explosion in the sky is later, or there might be more than one ship?

zpider242 -> Same but different (23/12/2011 1:56:23 PM)

I have been comparing stills from the original 'Space Jockey' room in Alien with the brief shot in Prometheus. The overall look is pretty much the same Gigeresque style but there are subtle differences. In the original, the rib/bone like look to the walls is very apparent whilst in the new one it's more subtle. The 'chair' also has slight differences. So either Scott/Giger have redesigned it (which doesn't really make sense) or this is not the derelict from Alien. I'm more inclined to think the latter, which would tie in with Scott's comment that this isn't a prequel to Alien but rather a movie that has the Alien 'DNA'. I guess we'll find out next summer.

zpider242 -> Same but different (23/12/2011 2:23:46 PM)

I have been comparing stills from the original 'Space Jockey' room in Alien with the brief shot in Prometheus. The overall look is pretty much the same Gigeresque style but there are subtle differences. In the original, the rib/bone like look to the walls is very apparent whilst in the new one it's more subtle. The 'chair' also has slight differences. So either Scott/Giger have redesigned it (which doesn't really make sense) or this is not the derelict from Alien. I'm more inclined to think the latter, which would tie in with Scott's comment that this isn't a prequel to Alien but rather a movie that has the Alien 'DNA'. I guess we'll find out next summer.

Agent69 -> (23/12/2011 2:30:47 PM)

The main mistake of this breakdown is that it assumes the teaser is in chronological order.

stevolegendbauer -> The planet's air isn't breathable as Fassbender is an android (23/12/2011 2:36:34 PM)

Surely as Michael Fassbender is an android he wouldnt need to wear his helmet anyway to breathe so the planet or tunnels being breathable isn't true as every other cast member has their helmet on while on the surface. Correct me if I'm wrong...

zpider242 -> Same but different (23/12/2011 2:40:00 PM)

BabsyBuck -> OLD GUY REPLY (23/12/2011 4:56:20 PM)

I think you may have just hit the nail on the head.
I've done some screencaps for these on tumblr (check the Prometheus tag), it's so so interesting!

BabsyBuck -> THE LEAPING MAN (23/12/2011 4:57:39 PM)

As much as he freaking bloody terrifies me (He really does for some reason)
i don't think he's the space jockey. I think they are completely different characters in this film.

Polarized -> Never been more interested in an upcoming film in my entire life (including Phantom Menace) ! (23/12/2011 5:00:51 PM)

Nothing can live up to this, though have to keep that in mind when watching it and not let excitement get in the way of possibly the most significant sci-fi film since (and hopefully before) The Matrix!

BabsyBuck -> I apologise for the string of comments but...... (23/12/2011 5:01:34 PM)

in a previous interview EMPIRE had with Ridley, he said something about characters getting probed or something, violently (I'm not sure if that was the word), as awful as it sounds maybe Noomi Rapace is attacked and seeks help from Fassbender? Idk..

takethecannoli -> RE: I apologise for the string of comments but...... (23/12/2011 5:56:18 PM)

In the first 10 or 15 seconds (the faint echoes, as they were called in the trailer breakdown) you can hear ' You don't understand...
It is coming! It is coming!
PROMETHEUS!'.

I hadn't noticed this before, but somebody on youtube pointed it out. (vsmith23)

Thunderball76 -> Leaping Man (23/12/2011 7:18:18 PM)

If you look at a picture of the face of the alien (1979 version) then it looks like i has been constructed like a human face underneath. If you look at the face of the leaing man then it looks like his face is mutating into the same underlying shape. And the ridge at the top of his head looks familiar. Bit of conjecture here - i think the mutated humans form the basis of the Alien DNA, and he turns into something nastier later...

Thunderball76 -> awful awful selling and grammar (23/12/2011 7:19:29 PM)

sorry, stll hungover from christmas. Apologies for the poor post!

Polarized -> Never been more interested in an upcoming film in my entire life (including Phantom Menace) ! (23/12/2011 7:56:51 PM)

Nothing can live up to this, though have to keep that in mind when watching it and not let excitement get in the way of possibly the most significant sci-fi film since (and hopefully before) The Matrix!

kelldicott -> Still from page 39 (23/12/2011 10:52:31 PM)

The still of the ship's edge crashing down on p39 looks suspiciously like the bared teeth of a xenomorph about to strike. Intentional visual echoing?

threshold -> Concerning Number 7 (23/12/2011 11:15:05 PM)

In No.7 you said, does it have a breathable atmosphere because the man's helmet's off? Well, the man is actually, the cyborg, played by a thin Michael fassebender. So yeahh.

BenTramer -> It's Beginning... (23/12/2011 11:24:55 PM)

I'm glad that you've broken the trailer down this way, they deliberately used extremely fast cuts to make you see little and want more. Facehuggers can have "sex" with humans and create Aliens, trying the same thing with an android would be like fucking a condom basically. Charlize Theron is taking off her spacesuit because, just as Tom Cruise must do the 100 metres in every movie, so Charlize must get her kit off (even in ads she does it), it's in the contract and I'm not complaining.

BenTramer -> The Apple Of My Xenomorph Eye (23/12/2011 11:52:04 PM)

Plus, the huge face is reminiscent of Ridley Scott's Apple ad.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI