Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online (22/12/2011 4:45:54 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Cyberleader -> Looks brilliant! (22/12/2011 5:55:25 PM)

Looks like it's gonna do what films are meant to do...Ask questions and entertain. Yup, none of those blasted French arthouse movies or, at the other extreme, Transformers...Something both clever and exciting at the same time. This, The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit are set to make cinema history next year. I couldn't be more excited!!!

Tech_Noir -> RE: Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online (22/12/2011 5:59:22 PM)

Did Empire just delete a bunch of posts?

loretta27 -> (22/12/2011 6:04:21 PM)

That's the biggest prick-trase of a trailer I've seen in a long while! Fass doesn't look like things are going well for him! :o

rich -> RE: Prometheus Trailer Arrives Online (22/12/2011 6:06:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Did Empire just delete a bunch of posts?

It's a news comment glitch, spam gets deleted but other stuff gets taken down with it.

presidentcletus -> HOLY WEYLAND-YUTANI CORP.! (22/12/2011 6:11:58 PM)

This is how you make a trailer. A few scraps of dialogue, lots of intriguing images, but not presented in a seizure-inducing manner and an eery score to accompany it. My expectations just went from reserved to extremely high. The trailer breakdown can't arrive soon enough!

So, I guess the so called 'Space Jockeys' are experimenting on some kind of biological weapon, or weapons. The Weyland Corp. (no Yutani yet) will find out somehow and send Ian Holmes predecessor (that's you Michael) to harness the power. We won't see any Xenomorphs, maybe just a glimpse during the finale, the reason for this being that the Jockeys will use different means to kill off the crew. That guy jumping off a ledge will turn out to be a mutated crew member. Noomi Rapace will be the one to send out the distress signal, which will be literally lost in space until the WY corporation decides to head back to the planet. Cue 'Alien'.

In a nutshell:

Fassbender is the baddie, not Theron. She will only be a puppet, the strings pulled by Weyland Yutani. Everyone will die, Rapace being the last woman standing. The Xenomorph will only have a cameo, albeit satisfying for the fans and Idris Elba will be a badass, nevertheless he will die pretty quickly, in the same vein as Dallas.

And it will be AWESOME

dakes69 -> (22/12/2011 6:13:39 PM)

I have never wanted to see a film so much in my life

RAJEEVSHETTY -> Good trailer (22/12/2011 6:17:08 PM)

This is perfect. Great music. Show a little to get you interested but not too much. So many modern day trailers tell you all you need to know about the film. Not this one. Hope the film can measure up

Coyleone -> (22/12/2011 6:48:06 PM)

Looks seriously awesome!

Polarized -> Am I alone in thinking the use of the Alien title card was a bit too sensationalist? (22/12/2011 7:29:51 PM)

Really really want and believe this film could be a life changing cinematic event, but you could have made ANY half-arsed sci-fi film own that vibe from what was presented...especially with the studio firing all guns for it!

Again, really really rooting for this!

Polarized -> ......... (22/12/2011 7:35:45 PM)

........posts playing up!!

Polarized -> ....... (22/12/2011 7:36:59 PM)

xpialidoceous -> I'm just glad ... (22/12/2011 7:55:21 PM)

... there are no singing dwarves in this - this is a brilliant teaser :-) good work Ridley!

durelius -> Trailer (22/12/2011 8:01:57 PM)

Well yes I think that gives us all high hopes lokks very cool.

cra1gs -> amazing (22/12/2011 8:06:02 PM)

that was amazing. clearly this is an Alien reboot after the awful AVP 1 and 2 and to a lesser extent Resurection.

This really is the film for me next year. sod the rest, Ridley Scott and Alien are a match made in heaven. yay

conywolf -> (22/12/2011 8:24:50 PM)

alien meets avatar.. I'm in

thefacehead -> All I want for Xmas is...... More of this shiiiit!!! (22/12/2011 8:50:45 PM)

Ahhhhhhh, looks amazing,,,,,,,, did I say amazing Imeant AMAZING!!! I don't normally get this excited but hell it's a link to my favourite film and it's a proper origin story!!!!!!! In the words of Bart Simpson "Aghhhhhhhh, get me a towell"!!!

cybercontroller -> Am i the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? (22/12/2011 8:56:49 PM)

Well, after watching this trailer, it's clear that despite the fact that we won't be seeing the aliens we know of, it's going to explain everything - the origins of the xenomorphs, face huggers and space jockeys - and i don't want the Alien saga to be ruined by being demystified like that. Therefore, i'm giving this a miss. Why oh why do filmmakers always feel the need to spell everything out when it's so much better to keep certain things a mystery?

stucy -> *speechless* (22/12/2011 9:10:21 PM)

My god that is amazing! The effects look next level and the sound design is superb! Quite possibly one of the best trailers I've ever seen. whoa!

Morehumanthanhuman -> That was just AWESOME (22/12/2011 9:19:28 PM)

I stated I wouldn`t watch a trailer for this. But I couldn`t resist and I am now very excited by this. Looks like Ridley has done it again.

theonering -> (22/12/2011 9:34:39 PM)

The title distracts you from the footage.

fergww -> how come... (22/12/2011 9:37:59 PM)

if this is set before Alien, their technology looks so vastly superior to that shown in the original. The crappy brown space suits of Alien sure dont look like an improvement on these snazzy blue ones! I really liked the kind of rugged aesthetic to Alien, i think its a shame its lost here. But im nitpicking and being pedantic here, it looks like its going to be freaking awesome!

JimBill93 -> Ohohohohmygawd! (22/12/2011 9:38:50 PM)

Seriously cannot wait for this. Genuinely, forget Christmas, or the Dark Knight Rises or the Hobbit... Well said, Empire, "Wow. Just wow"!

willchadwick -> (22/12/2011 9:41:36 PM)

There's also a very nice cutaway to the Space Jockey rotating out of the floor. Good stuff.

briza3059 -> simply amazing.... (22/12/2011 9:59:45 PM)

thats how you make a trailer for a movie...its all about giving us an amazing vibe not telling us the whole bloody plot....good work Mr Scott

briza3059 -> simply amazing.... (22/12/2011 10:00:21 PM)

thats how you make a trailer for a movie...its all about giving us an amazing vibe not telling us the whole bloody plot....good work Mr Scott

99intheshade -> Boom! (22/12/2011 10:25:26 PM)

Just like so many others say, that is how you make a trailer. While, Michael Bay is also very adept at trailers, he leaves out all the 'humour' which detracts from the finished article, with SRS we already know that won't be a problem. Looks amazing!

Rich Empire -> The Master Returns!!! In Your Face Doubters! (22/12/2011 10:33:13 PM)

Oh yes, that is how it is done.
It's amazing what you can achieve with balls and imagination.
Go Ridley Go!!!!
It's been a big week for British Directors.
June 1st is going to be a long wait...

batfunk -> Cool! (23/12/2011 12:01:26 AM)

Ridley should stick to science fiction and horror from now on. The genre needs him.

Swaine -> Can't wait! (23/12/2011 12:32:44 AM)

This flick is going to be incredible, i was orginally gutted when i found out that the Aliens are going to be engineered by the Space Jockey's (as opposed to having their own planet) but now i don't care from what i have seen from the trailer.

A few people have complained that the Aliens from the previous flicks aren't going to be in the film, thats because the Aliens look different to that of every host they inhabit e.g. Dog Alien, Predator Alien and human Alien.

I always wondered what the Aliens looked like in their original form (hopefully badass) can't wait to see this film!

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI