The Dark Knight Rises Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> The Dark Knight Rises Trailer Arrives (19/12/2011 7:02:06 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Scruffybobby -> RE: Gonna be epic! (19/12/2011 7:47:29 PM)

Looking good!

Emyr Thy King -> Trailer problem (19/12/2011 7:55:16 PM)

Anyone else have a problem with the Quicktime video? I've tried opening it with Firefox and Internet Explore and I only see a Q symbol with a question mark.

keatsmeister -> RE: HEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (19/12/2011 7:56:07 PM)

Looking promising. Looking forward to seeing a little more of Catwoman and the role she has to play though

andiieee -> RE: Trailer problem (19/12/2011 8:08:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Emyr Thy King

Anyone else have a problem with the Quicktime video? I've tried opening it with Firefox and Internet Explore and I only see a Q symbol with a question mark.

I had problems too until I used safari browser

thelas -> RE: Seaggers...how can I hold out til Wednesday.....Dammit! (19/12/2011 8:16:07 PM)

Interesting to see the brief scene with Bale approaching the table with a walking stick.

Great trailer. I don't think that any trailer has ever (or will ever) live up to the trailer from The Dark Knight, but this is excellent.

One point, maybe it should feature a little more Batman?!l

thelas -> RE: bad ass bane (19/12/2011 8:17:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jordieb

didnt see what the problem was that people had with banes voice in the prologue, I could understand every word. Perfect choice for a bad guy, made sense to go for someone completely different to the joker, hardy's presence in the film a perfect match for bales dark knight.

With all the other noise in the prologue it was difficult to understand Bane.

JIm R -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 8:21:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darktrain

sorry but this trailer sucks arse...from the crappy typeface used in the opening frame to really dodgy cgi on the football field im really disappointed...no big reveal for bane..he's just there..hope fully the full thing will prove me wrong

Seriously ? dodgy CGI, crappy type face, Really ?

tommypocket -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 8:24:28 PM)

quote:

sorry but this trailer sucks arse...from the crappy typeface used in the opening frame to really dodgy cgi on the football field im really disappointed...no big reveal for bane..he's just there..hope fully the full thing will prove me wrong

I saw the 6 minute Prologue before M:I4 last week and was blown away by the (almost) CGI-free opening set-piece... so awe-inspiring and powerful because it felt real (see also the 'truck flip' from The Dark Knight).

Nolan doing a CG set piece (regardless of the execution) feels wrong.

Super Hans -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 8:47:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

Seriously ? dodgy CGI, crappy type face, Really ?

I disagree with the dodgy CGI but I'm kind of with you Darktrain in finding that trailer a little underwhelming. I thought there would be a bit more tension and more of a build up to Bane being revealed. "Crappy typeface" is arguably not exactly constructive criticism but I know what you mean - I did wonder if it was actually a hoax fan-made trailer or something at times. The posters have been more exciting to be honest! [:D]

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that it'll be a damn good film but I was expecting a far more thrilling trailer than that.

garvielloken -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 8:55:37 PM)

quote:

Ok we get it, no need to post the same message 3 times

goldleader -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 8:57:59 PM)

Watched it a few times and yes at first i was a little underwhelmed but watching it a few times reminded me of the great tone of the Dark Knight and as i remember i wasn't that impressed with DK trailer to be honest.

I will wait and see. Nolan hasn't done me wrong yet and i just hope he can pull it out of the bag to finish this off well.

hughjass -> RE: Looking forward to Empire's breakdown of this trailer. (19/12/2011 9:07:50 PM)

Underwhelming?!! Really. He makes an American football pitch cave in! How much more do you need?!!

Mulumper -> Title Fonts (19/12/2011 10:12:10 PM)

When I see that kinda text it makes me feel like a Casio-keyboard dirge is about start playing, opening up for the title screen to an old Streets of Rage game.

edit: ignore the 'in reply to dreamdragon' caption below.

Mr_Milktray -> RE: Robin Symbol (19/12/2011 10:56:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ROThornhill

Mr_Milktray you're right!

And the footballer who makes it to the end zone is called Ward!
I wonder if his first name is Burt??

quote:

Twelve seconds into the trailer, Robin's 'R' symbol is clearly visible in the crowd (it's part of a sign that read's "Rouge" - but the font is very unusual for an R and is unmistakably the Robin logo).

A subtle in-joke, or is this a clue to something bigger?

You decide ;)

Haha. Yeah. With the 'Ward' there I'm leaning towards subtle in-joke.

Then again, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was spotted on set wearing tight green underpants...

keaneye -> RE: uninspiring (19/12/2011 10:58:19 PM)

Shit, better forget about that Oscar Mr. Nolan because Darktrain thinks the typeface is crap! Why bother with a big reveal for Bane. You've seen him already in the posters and quite frankly I don't think they're showing the best of the film. I consider that a good thing. Do you really expect to see everything, including finished effects before the films release 8 months from now?

quote:

Mr_Milktray -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (19/12/2011 11:10:25 PM)

I agree with what you're saying actually, your powers of observation serve you well - but my reaction is the polar opposite.

I'm actually loving the fact that I haven't a clue what's going on. It means that there are no spoilers and everything's a surprise. I haven't felt this excited for a film in a long time.

Coyleone -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (19/12/2011 11:14:18 PM)

Wow! This looks like it's going to be so awesome. Can not wait!

wattsvilleblues -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (19/12/2011 11:17:26 PM)

Can someone please write down what Bane said?  Couldn't understand a word.

mysticalfridge -> RE: Robin Symbol (19/12/2011 11:20:15 PM)

well spotted. the football player's number is also 86, which looks like a B and a G. No prizes for guessing what Mr Ward's initials are. Perhaps Nolan will cameo as the riddler

Mr_Milktray -> RE: Robin Symbol (19/12/2011 11:26:31 PM)

Your sarcasm is awe inspiring. Lead me.

Mr_Milktray -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (19/12/2011 11:28:01 PM)

You seriously can't understand a single word? I admit it's garbled but I got the gist.

I hear it as "When gotham is in ashes you have my permission to die."

Scruffybobby -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (19/12/2011 11:28:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wattsvilleblues

Can someone please write down what Bane said?  Couldn't understand a word.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die"

Mr_Milktray -> RE: The robin stuff (19/12/2011 11:39:16 PM)

You fool. This is conclusive evidence that Robin is not only going to be in the film, he's going to have major screen time. I cannot see how anyone could read this trailer in any other light.

Emyr Thy King -> RE: The robin stuff (19/12/2011 11:52:25 PM)

Perhaps you better stick to delivering Cadbury's Milktray with a polaroid.

I'm hoping the YouTube videos will soon have 720p/1080i so it's better quality!

Mr_Milktray -> RE: The robin stuff (19/12/2011 11:59:05 PM)

All because the lady loves...

Emyr Thy King -> RE: You either die a hero or live long enough to see your self become the villain. (20/12/2011 12:01:22 AM)

I've come to like the trailer more and more. I think Anne Hathaway will be very good and I love the music at the end. Look forward to see how that chanting music and drums will be used. If you look carefully, you can see Bruce walking with a cane and also leaning on one in a few scenes. Could hint to what Bane will do to him.

TDKR trailer (720p!)

wattsvilleblues -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (20/12/2011 12:05:19 AM)

Cheers.  And no, I couldn't understand a word.  Also, lip reading wasn't an option.

Emyr Thy King -> RE: It all looks like good stuff, but the actual trailer sucks, when compared with the trailers for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (20/12/2011 12:19:55 AM)

Bear in mind there's ample time to sort that out with ADR before release. Which I think Nolan & Co will need to do.

kingtutiii -> RE: You either die a hero or live long enough to see your self become the villain. (20/12/2011 4:48:15 AM)

Dear Mr. Nolan,
You taunt us with the way you give us only small hints and not reveal much story in your trailers.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI