RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

Dunder_Mifflin -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (6/3/2012 9:24:03 AM)

Ferris Bueller's Day Off. To watch that for the 'first time' again would be just about the best thing ever

Titanm21 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (6/3/2012 3:54:14 PM)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind... then watch that bitch on IMax...

Also. Batman Begins - Matrix - Jarassic Park

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (6/3/2012 4:38:52 PM)

Blade Runner : So I can go through all the 'is he isnt he' a cyborg.
Plus hearing Vangelis and watching that intro again would be breathtaking,especially on the big screen.

Alien: Funny in a sci-fi film its amazing how everything has a grounded reality to it that it seems like alot is taken for granted,until the crew land on LV 426 and we (the audience) see this big,gigantic Derelict space craft,and whats inside is also breathtakingly weird and full of (like Blad Runner) questions,more so than answers.

SpaceBalls: Parodies dont last long,especially modern ones.But watching spaceballs again for the first time would be a treat.
But unfortunetly like most great comedies once you've seen in it you remember all the lines and the moments in which made you laugh in your first witness.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 6:18:46 PM)

I remember being really thrilled with The Matrix back in the summer of 1999. Me and a few of my friends went to watch it, and at the end all them went ''wow, that was cool - but what the heck was it about?'' yeah I know! I got it the first time! And on the drive back I had to explain it to them like a teacher to school children! [:D]

But I remember being really thrilled by it. When Neo wakes up and we see the 'real' world for the first time, I just slumped back into my chair and uttered just one word: ''AWESOME''!!

And I would gladly erase my memory of that film just to re-watch it again, and get that same feeling!!

Hobbitonlass -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 6:57:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

I remember being really thrilled with The Matrix back in the summer of 1999. Me and a few of my friends went to watch it, and at the end all them went ''wow, that was cool - but what the heck was it about?'' yeah I know! I got it the first time! And on the drive back I had to explain it to them like a teacher to school children! [:D]

I went to see it with 2 female work colleagues and afterwards I was "OH MY GOD that was awesome, so cool, that could be us etc etc" and they were like "meh, didn't get it so didn't like it" [sm=ohmy.gif] Cinema buddies no longer.....

Nexus Wookie -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 9:01:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

I went to see it with 2 female work colleagues and afterwards I was "OH MY GOD that was awesome, so cool, that could be us etc etc" and they were like "meh, didn't get it so didn't like it" [sm=ohmy.gif] Cinema buddies no longer.....

[:D]

From_Hell -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 9:15:18 PM)

The Empire Strikes Back - just to see Vader's reveal in the cinema for the first time along with an unsuspecting audience. I was too young to see it when it was originally released.

TolkenHobbitGuy -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 9:38:46 PM)

The Big Lebowski. Didn't get it at all the first time, now i love it.

DancingClown -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 9:58:53 PM)

As tempting as this notion is I wouldn't want to erase the memory of a film I saw and fell in love with years ago because there's no guarantee that my reaction to it now would be the same.

OldGrey -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/4/2012 10:46:01 PM)

Throw me back into 1999 and book me a seat to watch The Matrix.
Due to work, travel and pure fluke, I hadn't seen a single trailer and only read what was in Empire, so it genuinely blew my socks off.

[sm=schild15.gif]In fact, do you remember that err, debateable, yeah thats the word, competition Empire ran a while ago to write for the mag ? To enter, you wrote a review of the best film of 1999, but none of the finalist reviewed The Matrix - I always worried about that . . .

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (13/4/2012 12:03:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TolkenHobbitGuy

I didn't get it the first time,nor did I get it the last time.[&:]

Spaldron -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (13/4/2012 12:12:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldGrey

[sm=schild15.gif]In fact, do you remember that err, debateable, yeah thats the word, competition Empire ran a while ago to write for the mag ? To enter, you wrote a review of the best film of 1999, but none of the finalist reviewed The Matrix - I always worried about that . . .

Yes, I remember that and thank the lords of Kobol that I now know I'm not alone in thinking there was something not quite right with that "competition".

mightybeansprout -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (15/4/2012 11:55:14 PM)

Definitely The Sixth Sense, I overheard someone discussing it before I'd seen it, I didn't realise until watching the movie what a complete disaster it was to know the twist, I really enjoyed the film anyway but always raged that I'd never had that twist hit me full on while watching it [:(]

TolkenHobbitGuy -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (16/4/2012 12:21:40 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TolkenHobbitGuy

REPLY: OPEN YOUR EYES

I didn't get it the first time,nor did I get it the last time.

To be honest, it wasn't even after the second or third time i watched it, only after
watching it quite a few times till it started to make some sense to me. Or perhaps
i made up my own logic to understand the humour or indeed anything else.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI