RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

iestyn500 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (11/1/2012 2:36:38 PM)

Mines not a movie but  a Tv show, the wire, i get jealous of people saying they are watching it for the first time

FilthWizard -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (13/1/2012 5:17:11 PM)

The Big Lebowski and, if I could not only erase it from my memory but watch it again in exactly the same spot I saw it originally, Tron Legacy. Saw at the IMAX; for the sheer experience and climax of 28 years' worth of waiting, it was my best cinema trip ever. (Though yes, Se7en & Usual Suspects are a gnat's ballsack-width short)

DInch93 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (13/1/2012 5:46:06 PM)

Mulholland Drive, Inception, Vertigo

I would happily re-live my jaw being dropped.

Coyleone -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (13/1/2012 7:40:31 PM)

Seven, Usual Suspects

Ref -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (15/1/2012 4:44:37 PM)

I'd say The Usual Suspects too - an utterly brilliant film with a great twist.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (15/1/2012 4:48:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Coyleone

Seven, Usual Suspects

Yeah these 2. Also The Sixth Sense and Brazil.

andy2000x -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (17/1/2012 1:55:14 PM)

True Story: I was once bored and wrote a note to put in my wallet behind the clear plastic bit so you could see it when it was opened. It said

"In case of amnesia: Your name is Andrew. Now watch "The Matrix", "The Usual Suspects", "Memento" and "Blair Witch Project", play "Goldeneye", "Mario 3"

All was well and good until months later I was stopped and searched by a policeman mistaking my long working week shatteredness for a chemically altered state. It took some explaining.....

I stand by my choices

m_er -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (17/1/2012 6:04:58 PM)

Oh man, there are so many. 'Back To The Future' would be nice.

boristhespie -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (24/1/2012 5:51:12 PM)

Norbit or an Adam Sandler movie.

Vitamin F -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (25/1/2012 4:19:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boristhespie

Norbit or an Adam Sandler movie.

I hope this is because you didn't read the title properly...

For me, Blade Runner as I didn't get it first time round (I was about 14) and it had that terrible voice-over. Only discovered it was such a fantastic film when the DC came out on video years later and I thought I'd give it another go.

gazpop -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (25/1/2012 5:51:05 PM)

Aliens. Star Wars. Highlander.
My best 'wow' moment in the cinema was Terminator 2.

King of Kafiristan -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (25/1/2012 10:24:41 PM)

The film I've seen more often than perhaps any other is RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. From my first viewing, I was totally enamored of Ford and his work as Dr. Jones to a degree no other actor or character has been able to match in all the years since. I've seen the film at least a hundred times, and certain sequences (the truck chase, the opening) I've had on a near constant loop in my DVD player for most of my adult life. While I feel I'm able to examine the film now with a degree of objectivity, removed from my childhood infatuation with the world of INDIANA JONES, there is still a part of me that would like to go into that movie fresh, just once, to experience the magic all over again. Ford's work in the film stands as one of the all time great screen performances, and yet I'd like to be able to take it in without the sentimentality that admittedly colors my view on the character

RUNNER UP: JFK. It's the greatest film of the 1990s, and a masterpiece on every level. It's been one of my favorite films since I first saw it at age 12, and it sure would be something to get swept up in Stone's fever dream again for the first time 

TinyButDeadly -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (4/2/2012 9:18:54 PM)

Drive
Aliens
Die Hard
Fight Club
Taxi Driver

bugumj96 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (5/2/2012 7:21:52 PM)

Saving Private Ryan - Just for the raw, visceral power from the opening 30 minutes. It has never been matched for me.

itsmandylee101 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (9/2/2012 7:08:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: messiahtime

Usual Suspects everytime wish I never seen it to watch it again...!! :D

Same here! But my reason is because I read the Wikipedia page before watching it. What a big mistake! I should have been blown away by the ending if I did not know it beforehand. I love murder mysteries, but I am the world's most impatient person, so I always read the summary (and even the spoilers) before I finish watching it. Then after watching the film, I always end up regretting.

Sutty -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (10/2/2012 8:26:18 AM)

The Lord of the Rings movies. Would love to see them at the cinema again and not know what was coming. One of the few occasions where I really felt like I was being transported to another world. Totally engrossed and was never a Lord of the Rings reader either.

Mtsb -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/2/2012 5:32:07 PM)

Requim for a dream, though i'd also have to erase every use of the soundtrack from sky sports and xfactor to really be blown away by it again

Magenta -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (12/2/2012 6:07:05 PM)

I'd find it difficalt to choose one or even one genre so..

Western - The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Horror - Halloween
Sci-Fi - Aliens
and
War - Apocalypse Now

and I certainly understand the choice for The Usual Suspects and Jaws

JIm R -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (14/2/2012 11:06:34 PM)

For the effect it's had on me since the weekend - Drive.

TinyButDeadly -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (20/2/2012 8:27:55 PM)

Woman in Black so this time I could watch it without all the annoying little teenage girls. It was still a great film though.

Uncle Luke -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (21/2/2012 4:59:52 PM)

Indiana Jones 4, so it could save me from the ulcer I got due to the stress of seeing it, and complaining about it for years after.

Also, Grizzly Man from Werner Herzog. What a waste of my fucking time.

filmfanatic123 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (21/2/2012 6:47:24 PM)

Only been on this planet for 18 years, so my choices are more restricted but:
Pulp Fiction (DVD watch and it blew me away)
Seven (Another DVD watch and I was totally engrossed)
The Godfather (Saw it for the first time this weekend. My hero is now Marlon Brando)
Goodfellas (Absolutely awesome film. Another DVD watch)
Inception (BLEW. ME. AWAY.)
Saw (What a twist)
Fight Club (My favourite film of all time, ever)
A nightmare on elm street (That final scare had me having nightmares two weeks later)

There are so, so, so many more.

daviddashby -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (24/2/2012 1:45:47 AM)

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen.EasyCap DC60

Spaldron -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (24/2/2012 2:07:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: daviddashby

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen

At least try and get the title of the film right spamboy. [sm=mad45.gif]

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (24/2/2012 3:29:22 AM)

Witnessing Stephen Fry naked in Sherlock Holmes 2. As much as I love the Fry, I wouldn't mind if I never witnessed that scene again. [:D]

benny the jet -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (24/2/2012 5:24:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magenta

I'd find it difficalt to choose one or even one genre so..

Western - The Good,The Bad and The Ugly
Horror - Halloween
Sci-Fi - Aliens
and
War - Apocalypse Now

and I certainly understand the choice for The Usual Suspects and Jaws

Magenta i think i love you [;)]great list

itsmandylee101 -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (27/2/2012 3:40:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: messiahtime

Usual Suspects everytime wish I never seen it to watch it again...!! :D

I'm also a fan of that movie too! :)

On the topic, I'd like to pretend that I have never watched all of those gory Japanese horror film care of my J-horror fanatic friend in high school. I remembered having nightmares for weeks because she made me watch her VCD collections. Never again!

Sutty -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (1/3/2012 10:54:48 AM)

Seven

Sutty -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (1/3/2012 10:58:06 AM)

quote:

The Brave Heart..I watch it over and over again,trying to forget the scene just to enjoy every moment,but then some of the lines are made to be memorized....Mel Gibson was great..It's one of the great movie I ever seen.EasyCap DC60

Jesus Christ. His fave film and he gget the title completely wrong!! If the movie is memorable at least get the fucking title right!

Spaldron -> RE: If You Could Erase a Movie From Your Memory To Re Watch It What Would It be... (1/3/2012 1:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

Jesus Christ. His fave film and he gget the title completely wrong!! If the movie is memorable at least get the fucking title right!

I just find it funny that this spam has gone unnoticed for so long. I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it breaks any records. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI