Kristen Stewart Offered Akira Role? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Kristen Stewart Offered Akira Role? (16/11/2011 9:02:32 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicky C -> Oh for f*ck's sake! (16/11/2011 9:02:32 AM)

This just gets worse and worse, eh?

sephiroth7 -> (16/11/2011 9:18:41 AM)

Akira fans are already pissed about this movie but casting her is like putting a Klan member in The Colour Purple.

kata -> (16/11/2011 9:53:26 AM)

Wow, what a terrible decision.

kitfisto -> NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (16/11/2011 10:45:19 AM)

There has never been a more pointless remake ever annouced! Who is this going to be for? Idiots who are too lazy to watch the original because it's sub-titled and doesn't star an American that's who! Why do studios keep Pandering to these people? Anyone who truely cares about Akira already knows this movies is gonna suck, adding her is just an extra poke in the eye from what is already a very shitty stick.

FindingNoemi -> or angry (16/11/2011 10:46:47 AM)

i have absolutely nothing to say to this.... or wait, one word came to mind; horrible.

eddybaby83 -> Should of been laid to rest... (16/11/2011 11:32:05 AM)

I'm kinda hoping this is going to flop. At least then Hollywood will realise that they can't just take something like this and 'Americanise' it so they can make a quick buck which will stop them from doing this again to other Manga classics. Just leave it alone - you can't improve upon perfection!

DeeDubya64 -> Change the title! (16/11/2011 1:08:33 PM)

If they have to do this I don't see a problem with them using ideas and concepts from Akira, but they should properly Westernise it (drop all the Jap names for a start!) and make it a unique and relevant story in it's own right (like Departed did perfectly with Infernal Affairs)

I really don't see how it benefits them to release it under the Akira title - anyone who knows and loves the manga or the anime will not want to see a horrible hollywood bastard version, and the title doesn't mean anything to newcomers. What's the point?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI