Mirror Mirror Trailer Is Here (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Mirror Mirror Trailer Is Here (16/11/2011 2:56:22 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Bluebloodedbastard -> Uhm, no. (16/11/2011 2:56:23 AM)

This looks positively awful. It seems a complete waste of these actors and the story. If you're going to re-invent a classic fairy tale, then at least decide what the reinvention is supposed to be. Is it Bollywood? A rom-com? Action comedy? It looks like it's trying too hard.
By comparison, "Huntsman" is consistent in its approach. It looks lush and well developed, and let's face it, Charlize Theron as the evil queen is far more appealing than Julia "I haven't aged well" Roberts.

Bluebloodedbastard -> Uhm, no. (16/11/2011 2:56:29 AM)

This looks positively awful. It seems a complete waste of these actors and the story. If you're going to re-invent a classic fairy tale, then at least decide what the reinvention is supposed to be. Is it Bollywood? A rom-com? Action comedy? It looks like it's trying too hard.
By comparison, "Huntsman" is consistent in its approach. It looks lush and well developed, and let's face it, Charlize Theron as the evil queen is far more appealing than Julia "I haven't aged well" Roberts.

Bluebloodedbastard -> Uhm, no. (16/11/2011 2:56:58 AM)

Rob Chappell -> Light Hearted Comedy Vs Dark Fantasy Epic (16/11/2011 2:57:17 AM)

Right after seeing the trailer last week for Huntsman and just seeing this one I still want to see both but I am more excited for Huntsman right now

Biggus -> (16/11/2011 7:18:05 AM)

Looks bloody terrible. The trailer seemed to go on forever too.

moviegirl83 -> I don't think so (16/11/2011 8:03:43 AM)

After seeing the trailer for Huntsman last week I was really excited. This trailer makes me wanna puke (I just ate). It looks terribly acted, hate hate hate the outfits (a swam hat seriously?!) and Julia Roberts just doesn't cut it for me it's just awful!

Loosecrew -> Looks woeful (16/11/2011 8:04:18 AM)

Pity as I thought it was going to be a weird out there deal.
Terry Gilliam save us please.

kcirtap -> What the £@*! (16/11/2011 8:20:16 AM)

Oh dear God! Anyone who pays to go and see this after seeing this trailer needs some serious help

kcirtap -> What the £@*! (16/11/2011 8:20:50 AM)

Oh dear God! Anyone who pays to go and see this after seeing this trailer needs some serious help

twoggs -> Ouch (16/11/2011 8:57:22 AM)

Well at least we know who's going to lose the battle between the two Snow White films...

haydonsmovies -> YUCK. (16/11/2011 9:07:16 AM)

Looks miscast, ridiculously 'panto' and just plain stupid. Singh and Relativity have a lot of nerve or stupidity to release this right after Huntman's fantastic teaser.

However, I hope it has a Phil Collins soundtrack - that way all the cast and crew can sing the words 'How many times can I say I'm sorry?' to all the poor audiences that endure it.

Not impressed one bit.

MoBiUGeArSkIn -> Woah! (16/11/2011 9:44:25 AM)

With that other Snow White flick being gritty and typlically "Dark Knight" I expected this to be quite bright and cheerful. But there was so much sugar in that trailer it made my cynical bones break.

If you hate on something that sweet you're pretty much dead inside.

KatMillar -> Dear oh dear (16/11/2011 10:13:23 AM)

I don't see a good outcome for this movie, I get what they were attempting but the light-hearted take looks more like a bit on a Comic Relief special.

Bubba76 -> Not THAT bad! (16/11/2011 10:24:25 AM)

I thought it looked quite fun apart from the stupid bollywood dance bit at the beginning... Its the comical Yin to the Hunstman's Yan! :-D

Porter -> It's turkey for Christmas this year folks.... (16/11/2011 10:25:47 AM)

...the Hudson Hawk of fairy tales.

croninja -> From the makers of Scary Movie and Meet the Spartans? (16/11/2011 10:37:56 AM)

This looks like a poorly conceived mess. Everything about it is just cringe-inducing. Snow Way? SERIOUSLY?? A doggie love potion? And a terrible Scarface joke in a movie aimed at 5 year olds?

madboynutter -> STEAMING PILE OF DOG CRAP... (16/11/2011 10:41:29 AM)

...I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth watching that! Awful... just awful!

empireclover -> (16/11/2011 12:00:07 PM)

Oh dear. That was a hot mess of awful comedy. And what was it even trying to be?! Romance, comedy, action? Confusing.
Snow White and the Huntsman has owned it.

Eomer_King -> (16/11/2011 12:08:42 PM)

Everytime I see Armie Hammer, I expect to see another one right next to him.

Caster -> Lame (16/11/2011 1:08:51 PM)

The other film looks much better than this Disney feminist crap.

freemantle_uk -> Oh good God (16/11/2011 2:46:05 PM)

Good job Saoirse Ronan did not get the role for this because Mirror Mirror looks terrible. Of course the comedy looks really bad, predictable, the whole film looks predictable but it also looks really cheap and that Tamesn Singh is really phoning it in. Even the visual have no striking features.

ericcoyle -> OH Dear (16/11/2011 4:00:55 PM)

Well, what can one add. This looks just like one of those cheap "Meet the Spartans" movie spoofs and the acting looks at the same level. Not one single moment of conviction (which is why Airplane works so incredibly well and most other spoofs don't), no one looks like they believe a word of what they are saying and the sets look just like sets. The CGI effects look as bad as Thor and i just don't want to live anymore.

sillitoechris -> Crikey ... that looks bad! (16/11/2011 5:06:29 PM)

??????? Weird! I dont actually think anyone has to wtach the awful movie anyway - that trailer is a 2 and a half min abridged version of the entire film....

FanaticalAboutFilm -> (16/11/2011 6:13:28 PM)

After this trailer I'll definitely stick with Huntsman!

sarah1276 -> neither looks great (16/11/2011 6:30:59 PM)

the annoying part about seeing this trailer is that the Huntsman version looks no better, it looks like it's taking itself way too seriously and trying way too hard to be 'gritty' and Theron is overacting ridiculously, but now that this is so campy and silly and has so much cheesy comedy, everyone will start raving for the one that doesnt deserve it.

aRTCy -> Umm... (16/11/2011 6:39:19 PM)

This untold version?...needs to remain so.

white mage -> (16/11/2011 8:51:42 PM)

Who needs to go see the movie when it's practically there in the trailer. Its a good oppersite to the gritty seriousness of The Huntsman.

Bennett30 -> Oh dear (16/11/2011 9:08:11 PM)

Huntsman 1 mirror mirror 0

portman180 -> Give It a Chance... (16/11/2011 10:39:50 PM)

Sure, it's not dark, moody or (too) original but this is a family movie, the other one isn't... You may as well compare Aliens to Aliens in the Attic! It's 2 different movies, from 2 different perspectives and I know that you are ALL entitled to your opinion, I'm just saying it's less effective if you all have the SAME opinion!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI