Hunger Games Trailer Arrives Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Hunger Games Trailer Arrives Online (14/11/2011 3:45:46 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Taz69 -> As expected (14/11/2011 3:45:46 PM)

It's The Running Man for the Twilight generation, moody and dull.

madboynutter -> Look pretty awesome... (14/11/2011 3:50:06 PM)

...let's just hope they don't fuck it up!

kickpuncher -> I make no apologies. (14/11/2011 3:53:43 PM)

Totally looking forward to it. And am I the only one that thinks The Running Man for teenagers sounds awesome?

effie26 -> TO THE TRIBUTES! (14/11/2011 4:08:17 PM)

I think the trailer has captured everything every HUNGER GAMES reader would want to see. Fantastic! Impressive! I can't wait for the film.

XViking -> Dull (14/11/2011 5:13:01 PM)

How underwhelming does that look?!

mike87 -> Hunger What? (14/11/2011 5:55:37 PM)

I'm afraid Battle Royale beat this film to the punch eleven years ago, and i highly doubt Battle Royale will be bettered.

willkillyoulast -> Seriously? (14/11/2011 6:03:00 PM)

Are people complaining about a movie in which kids have to kill one another being DULL? Are you people dememnted? Is there supposed to be a surpluss of smiles and laughter in a movie with these themes?
Yes, it's like the Running Man and Battle Royale. But only in story. And the story in both those films/books was bleak and nothing to smile about. 'Mooody'? A bit. I'd be in a foul mood if there was a twenty-three to one chance I was going to die at the hands of a fellow teen. Dull? Again, incoming death, very little chance of living to see even twenty. It's not a kids movie. It's a war movie to educate kids.

FridayJack1 -> (14/11/2011 6:49:13 PM)

THIS LOOKS AMAZING! :D!!!!

Super Hans -> RE: Hunger Games Trailer Arrives Online (14/11/2011 7:22:30 PM)

Looks quite good! I'm about a quarter of the way through the first book, watching that has made me want to get a wriggle on! [:D]

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hunger Games Trailer Arrives Online (15/11/2011 8:07:51 AM)

Looks good - sets everything up whilst not givng anything away beyond the basic premise of the story.  As for the Battle Royale comparisons I was a little put off at first by these but having read the trilogy it's really only in the basic idea of teenagers being forced to fight to the death, the execution is very different. If anything its more ancient rome that is the basis for the whole thing. 

evildave69 -> Battle Royale for teens. (15/11/2011 7:31:18 PM)

I've never read the books and don't intend to, however it does look good. It looks neither moody, nor dull. There obvious comparisons to both The Running Man and Battle Royale and whilst the former can be gladly forgotten, if this shares even a bit of the uncompromising nature and lack of condenscension as the latter, this could be brilliant. Of course, there's little doubt it's going to be more teen oriented but that doesn't mean it can't still be as gritty as the story suggests. Lets just say, I have faith so far...and it can't be any worse than Twilight.

empireclover -> (16/11/2011 12:11:06 PM)

I haven't read the books, but the trailer makes me want to, because I don't really think it explains why things are going on. Why does she have to get her legs waxed and put a nice dress on if she is going to fight to the death?
Apart from areas of confusion I think it looks quite good.

spamandham -> RE: Hunger Games Trailer Arrives Online (16/11/2011 10:42:24 PM)

Why do kids like such god awful books nowadays.

Bubba76 -> Solid 3 star entertainment (21/11/2011 11:05:34 AM)

I like the look of this film but, rightly or wrongly, it will be aimed squarely at the tweenagers and thusly alienate us "grown ups"!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI