RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

sharkboy -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (21/11/2011 11:44:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Trouble is that listening to Fan(boy)s havs always been part of the Hollywood production process. Producers might scour the internet these days for ideas or to gauge the feelings of the movie going public, but that's something producers have always done with test screenings and focus groups. It's up to directors to fight their corner and fight to get their original vision up on screen.

That was all fine when the test screenings or focus groups were representative of the entire audience, and I'm sure there were plenty of other examples of improvements that were made after negative reactions (I Am Legend springs to mind - the theatrical ending still wasn't that great, but it was so much better than the original!).  These days, footage from almost every big superhero blockbuster will get its first appearance at ComicCon, in front of a baying audience of fanboys and girls, and it is their reaction (or the reaction of the AICN etc populace) that can make or break a movie before it even gets out of the gate.

Timon -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (22/10/2012 9:53:35 AM)

I was reading Harry Knowles review of The Dark Knight Rises and he said it was absolutely rubbish because, in his eyes, it should have featured Clayface.

It made me think of this thread.

giggity -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (23/10/2012 3:53:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I was reading Harry Knowles review of The Dark Knight Rises and he said it was absolutely rubbish because, in his eyes, it should have featured Clayface.

Completely, re-reading it it's just astonishing how it's not an objective review at all. It's the definition of the guy in his mom's basement screaming "It's not what I wanted!!! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

He mis-interprets the situation of the beginning of the film, complains that Liam Neeson looks older than he did in Batman Begins, Complains so many time that it's not what they do in the comics, and the last paragraph is just the most condescending statement to make to someone who actually enjoys the film.

He writes that after he watched the film a rep for Warner Brothers asked what he thought and he said he told him it was a waste of $250 million and of Batman. I just can perfectly imagine how much of a child he must have sounded at that moment.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (23/10/2012 10:45:12 AM)

Harry Knowles' opinions are always completely irrelevant, i've learnt to not read anything he writes. Kind of like many do with me on these boards [:D]

Woger -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys. Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (23/10/2012 5:39:52 PM)

In fairness, the fan boys were right about Poochy.

jcthefirst -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys. Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (23/10/2012 5:53:19 PM)

JUst after reading his 'review.'

What a ballbag.

Frank Castle -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (25/10/2012 11:55:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

just read the review at no point does he say clayface should have been in it. he says that clayface would be an awesome villian to use in a batman film which is true. I also found myself agreeing with alot of what he said but then,i didnt like the dark knight rises very much.It was a well made film but one that for a film that took 4 years to make seemed rushed?

Porrohman -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (25/10/2012 12:36:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Harry Knowles' opinions are always completely irrelevant, i've learnt to not read anything he writes. Kind of like many do with me on these boards [:D]

Oh you must read his Blade 2 review! It's the stuff of legend!

Deviation -> RE: Studios Should Not Listen To Fanboys - Who In Turn Should Sit Down And Shut Up. (28/10/2012 12:56:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porrohman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

Oh you must read his Blade 2 review! It's the stuff of legend!

I'd rather re-read the 120 Days of Sodom.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI