Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (26/10/2011 2:43:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

sweetladybrick -> (26/10/2011 2:43:37 PM)

I like Crystal Skull. So there.

dunkah -> (26/10/2011 3:02:04 PM)

i didn't mind the fridge being nuked. Made me laugh. Where Crystal started sucking was as soon as they went to South America. Maybe it should have been "Swung the vine" rather than "nuke the fridge".

hevykevy316 -> (26/10/2011 3:37:40 PM)

"He's my friend and I'm loyal to him"? Really? Surely if he's his best friend he would turn to him and say "George, that's shit". No wonder Lucas is the way he is. If Spielberg doesn't call him on bad ideas, nobody will.

neillbert90 -> Hero! (26/10/2011 3:40:00 PM)

Love his playful attitude towards people's negativity about Indy 4. I for one thought the alien story was good! It suited the time, 30s was about myths and legends, 50's were about aliens and sci-fi! Some hit and miss effects and Shia LaBeouf aside, solid entry. A bit like Die Hard 4. Good film, not so good when associated with the rest of the series!

neillbert90 -> Hero! (26/10/2011 3:46:34 PM)

Love his playful attitude towards people's negativity about Indy 4. I for one thought the alien story was good! It suited the time, 30s was about myths and legends, 50's were about aliens and sci-fi! Some hit and miss effects and Shia LaBeouf aside, solid entry. A bit like Die Hard 4. Good film, not so good when associated with the rest of the series!

Paddy Kieran -> No Way (26/10/2011 4:01:16 PM)

Indy 4 was terrible for a multitude of reasons, people actually walked out of the theatre I saw it in....if I was close friends with Lucas I would have slapped him silly for this bag of excrement...p.s. Shia sucks

Histeria -> RE: (26/10/2011 5:30:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hevykevy316

"He's my friend and I'm loyal to him"? Really? Surely if he's his best friend he would turn to him and say "George, that's shit". No wonder Lucas is the way he is. If Spielberg doesn't call him on bad ideas, nobody will.

Err... "George and I had big arguments about the MacGuffin" seems to me he confirmed that he did just that.

Spaldron -> RE: RE: (26/10/2011 5:51:26 PM)

Indiana Jones and the Quest for a Good MacGuffin

Cabal aka Boone -> (26/10/2011 5:58:21 PM)

Nice way to pass the buck for it being shit!

"I made the film as best I could, but if its crap, blame the story, that wasnt my idea!"

Grow a pair Spielberg! Lucas has too many YES men already!!

Hood_Man -> RE: (26/10/2011 6:46:27 PM)

Fair play to the man, whether it's a good thing or not, getting "Nuke the Fridge" into popular culture is more than most filmmakers achieve.

But please, back to basics for the next one...

Cyberleader -> (26/10/2011 8:27:55 PM)

I liked The Crystal skull. Irina Spalko was sexy (more of that sort of thing please, yuk yuk) and the ant scene was amazing. Aliens? Why is that a sillier notion than gods or face melting? C'mon!

coljohnmatrix -> RE: (26/10/2011 8:37:42 PM)

quote:

You have to ask George Lucas. George is in charge of breaking the stories

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

As for Crystal Skull, I was happy enough with the sci-fi/aliens aspect of it, in principle, it was just that it was far too dull and used too much CGI which didn't make it feel quite like a 'proper' Indy film.

djdarrenjames -> What? (26/10/2011 9:15:12 PM)

Didn't spielberg ever see the SW prequels?!?!??

leroythemasochist -> i have but a few heroes (26/10/2011 10:15:09 PM)

And Spielberg is top of the list. He defends Skull and good on him! I really liked it and I still do. I recall much internet twittering by lots of us beforehand and how we all wanted another Raiders and you know what? We were never gonna get it. Raiders was the best adventure movie of all time. if you can beat that, you're doing pretty well frankly. So yeah, the CGI monkeys were shit. And that Tarzan bit shoulda been exchanged for Mutt getting his Harley off some Ruskie who thought he'd nick it and then have Mutt do a Steve McQueen through the jungle and save his dad etc etc... And the aliens? Who cares. Like someone said. We've had mystical boxes that melt Nazis, glowing stones, cups that make bullet wounds heal up and bring ever lasting life (sort of) so why not aliens with skeletons made out of crystal. My 3 year old is obsessed with the movies and was born the month Indy 4 came out so who's to say it's rubbish. He loves it and that makes me the proudest dad in the world. Spielberg is the world's greatest movie story teller. Anyone who reckons different needs to check his CV. Anyone else sticks pretty much to formula. He does whatever he wants and does so pretty well flawlessly. I can't wait to see Tintin and I'll be in line for Warhorse too (the book is astonishingly good - read it!) and will be there for Lincoln and whatever else he does. He made the movies of my childhood and he is still now making the best movies of my adult life.
Thank god for him, otherwise it'd be wall to bloody wall superhero movies with no hint of story.
If you are a film director this is what you need to concentrate on. PLEASE!

olijoy -> (26/10/2011 10:34:23 PM)

The story for JP3 wasn't that shabby?! I guess the reasons for the characters being on the island was marginally more believable than JP2, but really...

Matterific411 -> Hopefully their going to make a go of Jurassic Park IV before everyone is in Walking Canes!!!!!! (26/10/2011 10:36:05 PM)

I hope this time when say say that their going to go ahead with Jurassic Park IV that they actually mean it this time, lets just hope!!!!! 8)

boristhespie -> Refreshingly honest (26/10/2011 11:32:20 PM)

Makes a change when a bigwig in movies is honest. Nothing wrong with it. It's like auditions. Why can't we know who tried out for a part? It's interesting. Gives rise to discussing where directors or productions are going. I would love to hear an actor saying in a press junket their colleague/dirctor was an asshole yet they all blandly love each other. Great films don't need love.

sabbersolo -> Believing in a story (27/10/2011 12:28:56 PM)

"When he writes a story he believes in - even if I don't believe in it - I'm going to shoot the movie the way George envisaged it."

My respect for Spielberg just took a swan dive there...

nybras -> Oh no! (27/10/2011 2:22:23 PM)

Oh no.
It's all I have to say...no.
Does this mean we'll see another rape episode on South Park i.e. our childhood memories?!?!?!

Matterific411 -> I think Spielberg is an intelligent Director!!!!! (28/10/2011 4:37:37 AM)

Yea I kinda look to Spielberg as a Roll-model cause I think he is an intelligent Director, and plus I want to become a Movie Director myself someday!!!! It would even be an honor for me if I could ever meet Steven Spielberg myself that would be Suh-weet!!!!! Well gotta go surf the Net some more ttyl!!!! 8-)

Best Regards, Matt Burden

Agent Jack Bauer CTU -> At least he admits it! (28/10/2011 11:45:08 AM)

I love this man. Im glad to hear that he basically fucking hated the idea of Indy meets Aliens. I watched it again the other day, I really WANT to like it, kind of how I really WANT to like Terra Nova - but there is no getting around the fact that my eyes fill with shit every time its on screen. Not even tears. Shit.

ODForrest -> Dino-magic (28/10/2011 12:42:39 PM)

Love the idea of Jurassic Park IV, it's Dino-magic, what's not to like. I can see why they want to do 5th Indy film, let's all be honest the last one wasn't very good was it, so if they do number 5 and it is good I will be happy and will make for it, but if it's the same standard as 5, then please don't do it.

ODForrest -> Dino-magic (28/10/2011 12:44:06 PM)

Love the idea of Jurassic Park IV, it's Dino-magic, what's not to like. I can see why they want to do 5th Indy film, let's all be honest the last one wasn't very good was it, so if they do number 5 and it is good I will be happy and will make for it, but if it's the same standard as 4, then please don't do it.

Private Hudson -> (30/10/2011 3:10:26 PM)

I agree that it was the weakest of the Indy movies, but the first three were among the best adventure movies of all time.

When you compare Crystal Skull to the woeful likes of Tomb Raider and the like I guess it is still better than average, it's just that the bar was set so high.

Plus the use of all the elements of the 1950s was quite clever when you re-watch the film: UFOs and aliens, Communists and paranoia, rock 'n' roll, and even the "I like Ike" comment. Plus I also really like the scene where Spalko does an homage to Invasion of the Bodysnatchers when using the skull to tell Indy about the Soviets plan for world domination... "You will become us... and you won't even know it!"

Spalko was indeed very interesting!

But I agree less CGI and the monkeys/Tarzan bit was just too much. And if Mutt is the real star of Indy 5 then I will not be going.

Indy should never be relegated to a cameo role... even if it means replacing Harrison Ford with another actor, I believe Indy is a great enough character to survive a change in lead actor just like James Bond.

Rollo_Tomassi -> RE: Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (31/10/2011 11:35:19 AM)

Kingdom of the Criminal Numbskull was a disgustingly bad film, and the Jurassic Park series was exhausted halfway through The Lost World. Spielberg needs to turn his back on both series.

dolfinack -> RE: Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (8/11/2011 1:26:09 PM)

Steven Spielberg needed to realise the best things in his films are the fantasy elements that you can get involved in. Throw away meaningless action sequences for the sake of it don't engage the audience, they just fill time. I think I saw an interview with the boss of Pixar? And he said their slogan was storyline storyline storyline...

Sphinx -> RE: Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (9/11/2011 8:18:35 PM)

I read that column, you just can't fault the man, it's the most diplomatic thing I've read on the whole sorry mess. Deep down he must know it's a mess but he dusts himself off and go 'Oh well, you can't win 'em all'

I mean really[:)][:)][:)][:)]

threshold -> RE: Spielberg: More Indy & Jurassic Park? (10/11/2011 3:22:20 AM)

I enjoyed Indiana Jones 4. Bring on more!!!

dannyfletch -> Another? (10/1/2012 9:14:09 AM)

Well another Indy? Anything's got to be better than the Crystal Skull I guess! As for another Jurrasic Park, why? I'm not sure it needs to be continued but I guess another on ecould be fun. I think Spielberg needs to go back to basics here and think about what made the originals so good rather then trying to change it too much. The last Indy was far too comical, with the cringe worthy swinging through trees with apes sequence and the aliens at the end, it just didn't feel like or have the magic of the last 3 films.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI