Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (25/10/2011 9:17:10 PM)

Post your comments on this article

nybras -> Meh (25/10/2011 9:17:10 PM)

and Meh!

mancalledpete -> YAWN (25/10/2011 10:11:41 PM)

Boooooring... Why don't people focus their attention on Clone Wars TV cartoon series, which in my humble opinion has been the best Star Wars off-shoot since the original trilogy. It's the format best suited to the new vision & so much more entertaining. Roll on season 4.

RogueElement -> Weird Colours (26/10/2011 12:12:41 AM)

What's wrong with the colour in the trailer? Everything looks either orangey yellow or pale blue. Or is it just me seeing that?

guypoole -> Why so green? (26/10/2011 4:32:06 AM)

Is it because we're all so sick of them flogging the dead horse?

AlexRyde -> In the words of Chandler Bing... (26/10/2011 8:53:03 AM)

...could I BE any less excited?

maxthom -> file this under . . . (26/10/2011 9:25:45 AM)

like I give a fuck

neopol -> Out of the way... (26/10/2011 9:31:15 AM)

I take it that we'll have to wait until 2016 for the best of the lot, but I suppose that we can look forward to getting this diabolical entry out of the way... Though I would have expected a film every couple of months to be honest...

IIHERACLES -> (26/10/2011 9:44:23 AM)

Dont care what anyone says, all star wars films are great!

dholleyuk -> "greatest saga of all time" (26/10/2011 9:45:48 AM)

Episodes 4,5 & 6 are great, not the greatest, but 1-3 spoil 4-6! The suspense of "Luke I am your..." ruined forever, as now the audience are like "whatever we know already". And now they label it as the greatest saga, yes for ripping off the audience. Waste of time from money grabbing Mr Lucas. Well no more.

marcus_fuller -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 10:06:50 AM)

I thought the whole point of this sorry piece of shameless advertising was to once again place 6 films which have been steadily bastardized over the decades back into our cinemas, but this time in 3D. Why then, is it going to also be shown in 2D in selected cinemas? Seems a bit pointless, as if we wanted to watch it in 2D we could just watch the VHS release, the digitally remastered VHS release, DVD, DVD special edition, theatrical version (on DVD), or Bluray. Or maybe I'm missing the point/big bag of cash?

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 10:28:28 AM)

I look forward to reading all the articles from people next year saying "You know, Phantom Menace isn't THAT bad."

Yes, yes it is.

darth silas -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 11:07:04 AM)

Looking forward to it.Hopefully they have done a good job with the conversion.The fact that they didnt rush it out post Avatar is a good sign.Anyways,a chance to see this great movie on the big screen is always welcome.

BenTramer -> 3D Or Not 3D (Couldn't Give A Jar Jar) (26/10/2011 11:20:01 AM)

Don't make billionaire George Lucas any richer by going to see this muck. After the cinema release will be the 3D Blu-Ray. It's neverending.

Dropje -> (26/10/2011 11:27:48 AM)

Better watch the Phantom Menace Review on YouTube instead !

NCC1701A -> RE: (26/10/2011 11:37:02 AM)

Would rather see a Star Trek movie in 3D thanks.

sephiroth7 -> (26/10/2011 12:49:37 PM)

Would rather boil my own head than watch The Phantom Menace. A 3D version is a whole new level of torture.

ED-209 -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 1:18:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I look forward to reading all the articles from people next year saying "You know, Phantom Menace isn't THAT bad."

Yes, yes it is.

Compared to most of the crap Hollywood churns out these days, no, no it isn't.

ED-209 -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 1:22:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Looking forward to it.Hopefully they have done a good job with the conversion.The fact that they didnt rush it out post Avatar is a good sign.Anyways,a chance to see this great movie on the big screen is always welcome.

Me too. I haven't seen any of the Star Wars films for a few years now so it will be a good chance to re-appraise them after all this time.

NunianVonFuch -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 5:06:18 PM)

It's pretty pointless releasing this first. We'll end up with Revenge of the Sith in 3D 5 years after it's already been in the cinema! They should've done the original 3 first since the later movies will only get released if this does well. Since it's by far the worst of the series it should make the least money thereby jeopardising our chances of seeing the original trilogy on the big screen once more.

Spaldron -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (26/10/2011 5:47:30 PM)

quote:

Yes, yes it is.

Seconded. "You know I always loved Phantom Menace, I just kept it quiet for all these years". Fuck off.

leroythemasochist -> There are bits (26/10/2011 10:27:45 PM)

in the movie that are ok - like the pod race... and... um...the lightsabre fight! (Thank God, thought of something) and the music is top drawer. But that means that the rest is... RUBBISH! It is, it really, really is. But I still reckon that Clones is even more horrid. Is it the Sound of Music bit with the giant cows in the meadows? Possibly the clunky effects in the arena when the Jedi try and escape?
But Menace is just a mess. Maybe it's Ewan's wig? Or his acting. Or maybe it just comes down to Jar Jar. Who knows, but either way Lucas has gone so far down the Star Wars road now he kind of can't stop.
Someone should just remake them and be done with it! They've remade just about everything else.

Drew_231 -> RE: There are bits (27/10/2011 9:33:46 AM)

You know, I always loved the Phantom Menace....

But really, I always found PM to be the most 'Star Wars' of the last three. I dont know what it is, maybe that AOTC and ROTS feel like extended tv shows, whereas Phantom, despite its flaws, feels like a movie with different acts building up to the climax (the other two just kind of moved along to the next action scene).

And it has Liam Neeson who, despite being the most usless Jedi ever (thanks RedLettermedia [:D]) still lends a sense of gravitas missing from the other two.

Deviation -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (27/10/2011 10:36:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ED-209

quote:

Yes, yes it is.

Compared to most of the crap Hollywood churns out these days, no, no it isn't.

No, it really is.

rich -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (27/10/2011 10:47:55 PM)

Look at all the fucks that I give [8|]

Hood_Man -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (27/10/2011 11:43:06 PM)

Er, George? The movie made nearly a billion dollars worldwide, we all know Jar Jar's in this. Don't think hiding him from the trailer is going to make people forget [:D]

However, I am genuinely looking forward to this a little bit...

Tech_Noir -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (28/10/2011 10:00:59 AM)

I'll wait for Sith and the original trilogy (maybe Clones if I feel up for it).

jediwarrior -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (28/10/2011 1:40:55 PM)

So it took a whole 10 posts to get to the standard Cash Cow/Money Grabbing/Rape my children etc crap you always get when some thing happens with Star Wars.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (28/10/2011 1:56:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

So it took a whole 10 posts to get to the standard Cash Cow/Money Grabbing/Rape my children etc crap you always get when some thing happens with Star Wars.

Well why else is the movie being put into 3D but to make money? Will it make the story better? Will it make the characters better?

And anyways - never trust somone who has a name which included "jedi" or "darth" - they are not to be trusted on matters releating to the Star of Wars [:D]

jediwarrior -> RE: Phantom Menace 3D Trailer Arrives (28/10/2011 5:08:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jediwarrior

Well why else is the movie being put into 3D but to make money? Will it make the story better? Will it make the characters better?

And anyways - never trust somone who has a name which included "jedi" or "darth" - they are not to be trusted on matters releating to the Star of Wars [:D]

Because 3D is the big fad now (myself ain't bothered about it rather watch a 2D film) plus there have been countless Evil Dead re-issues, and Bladerunner been done about 5 or 6 times, also I see Harry Potter films being redone and then withdrawn to no doubt comeback in a couple of years with more new bits in but no-one goes on about these being rip-offs, just also George Lucas because it's the thing to do.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI