Harry Potter DVDs To Disappear (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Harry Potter DVDs To Disappear (25/10/2011 10:37:22 AM)

Post your comments on this article

IIHERACLES -> Money, Money. Money. (25/10/2011 10:37:22 AM)

I have the all previous dvds, some special edition some from when they were first released. My point is Warner just wants everyone to buy them in a new edition or on blu ray. They might realise dvds are going down the drain?. They will release them in about 5 years or so and tell its audience 'Relive the magic'. And then make another profit from that sector. Harry potter is a great franchise. If it sells then anyone will want to milk it of its glory all around the world.

mbeat32 -> I don't give a shit! (25/10/2011 12:25:58 PM)

Simple as, the Potter franchise lost me at part three. Now I don't care whether Harry and Ron get it on or if Dumbledore's beard gets a bit burnt due to careless use of a magic wand.
Maybe in twenty or thirty years they are released again in some super format like X-Ray, people might start to finally see them for the Lord of the Rings rip off they are. Ffs

waltham1979 -> How long?! (25/10/2011 1:04:39 PM)

I wonder how long it will be before they remake them? :)

JJJ777 -> Ugh (25/10/2011 1:24:52 PM)

Just because people want to buy a cheaper version of your product doesn't mean you should get rid of it and try to force them into paying you more cash. They need to realise that lowering prices and offering more is what people want not buying something because it's the only option.

Elvine -> Director's cuts (25/10/2011 2:14:24 PM)

Remember where you read it first. I've always found the lack of deleted scenes on these dvds *very* suspicious. There have always been set reports and releases of stills that suggest much longer versions of the films are to be found within the vaults of WB.

ITK -> Not quite the full story (25/10/2011 3:50:24 PM)

You should probably point out in the story that this is a US press release and the moratorium applies to the US only.

akivo -> RE: Not quite the full story (25/10/2011 5:18:57 PM)

Every time I read something about Warner Bros it's about how much money they're making and how greedy they're being - someone needs to get onto their PR department!!!

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Not quite the full story (26/10/2011 12:28:55 AM)

I wonder how this will affect the Ultimate Editions of Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2, since they aren't even due to be released until next year.

pauljthomas -> RE: Not quite the full story (27/10/2011 12:50:39 PM)

I'm waiting for them to release a box set of all the box sets, should set me back a mere 126,000.00 [:D]

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Not quite the full story (27/10/2011 7:08:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ITK

You should probably point out in the story that this is a US press release and the moratorium applies to the US only.

It's also been announced in Germany, according to someone I have on Facebook. I hope it doesn't apply over here, I don't want to be rushed into buying things when I don't have the money just because they're going off the shelves soon.

Vtepes2 -> ReRelease (28/10/2011 8:31:07 PM)

I suspect they'll do a George Lucas. Rerelease the series in the movies w/some added footage or remastering and then followed up by a dvd package.

AvatarPotterGleek -> Oh great :( (29/10/2011 6:58:56 PM)

Why are they doing this?? Its all about money, thats why. I was waiting for the ultimate box set, all eight DVDS with special features. High hopes, I know, but I was sure they would soon. And now, I have to wait longer for it, if they release it at all.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI