Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Timon -> Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (24/10/2011 9:41:49 AM)

This looks fantastic.

Jean-Jacques Annaud of Enemy of the Gates/Seven Years In Tibet fame brings us a film sets in Arabia during the 1930s and the oil boom. It centers on a young Arab prince (A Prophet's Tahar Ramin) torn between allegiance to his conservative father and modern, liberal father-in-law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mdtLMxTdvSc#!

Annaud's got quite a cast and a production together with Antonio Baderas, Mark Strong, Tahar Ramin and the ever lovely Freida Pinto.

Deviation -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (24/10/2011 11:45:56 AM)

That does indeed look brilliant...

Timon -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (12/1/2012 9:20:33 AM)

Does anyone know when it's released here. I'm terrified that like Agora, it'll get a very limited release despite its scope.

Timon -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (23/1/2012 4:53:00 PM)

Some very epic looking pictures from Empire - http://www.empireonline.com/futurefilms/gallery.asp?id=3567&fid=137500

pixelcat -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (24/2/2012 3:09:08 PM)

Ok bit of a bump here. Saw the film the other week at a secret screening. It was horribly painful. The script, the acting, almost everything. I felt the character development was incredibly shallow. Such a shame because the storyline had so much potential but was just executed poorly.

...I should probably write this on the reviews section. My bad!

Timon -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (24/2/2012 3:20:09 PM)

Ah bugger. Empire have also hit it with 2 stars. This upsets me.

Sutty -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (25/2/2012 10:43:40 AM)

lol. you tried, eh?

Christy1888 -> RE: Black Gold - Jean-Jacques Annaud Goes All David Lean (25/2/2012 5:16:22 PM)

Shame, I was really looking forward to this :(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.301758E-02