RE: Subscriptions!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (16/11/2011 10:56:54 AM)

Hi Tim,

I'm not 100% sure but it's likely that it will arrive alongside the free issues for subscribers. Hopefully by the end of the year but don't hold me to that!

timinphuket -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (22/11/2011 10:36:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Dyer

Hi Tim,

I'm not 100% sure but it's likely that it will arrive alongside the free issues for subscribers. Hopefully by the end of the year but don't hold me to that!

Hi James

I do not want a subscriber copy however? I only want to receive a digital copy?

tim

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (22/11/2011 10:43:10 AM)

Yes, I know. I was just saying that the timing will be similar. In truth 12 month subs may be available this week (assuming Apple sign it off in time).

timinphuket -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (22/11/2011 11:08:46 AM)

quote:

Yes, I know. I was just saying that the timing will be similar. In truth 12 month subs may be available this week (assuming Apple sign it off in time).

But i live in the Far East (specifically Thailand) and I do not want to receive a subscribers copy (paper) because of the different rates - unless I can subscribe to an address in the UK but the digital copy go to an email address?

thank you for your patience.

timinphuket (http://timinphuket.blogspot.com/)

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (22/11/2011 1:42:55 PM)

Sorry, I think I've confused you. You can just subscribe to the digital edition, you don't need to subscribe to the print one. Currently you can do 3/6 months and you'll be able to do 12 months later this week or early next week.

timinphuket -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (23/11/2011 2:01:38 AM)

Thanks James - I will hold on for the January edition starting and will subscribe for the whole month

Bojangles11 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 3:47:46 AM)

hey guys, new here and just subscribed to the iPad edition after buying them individually for the past few months. Only problem is after subscribing Im trying to download the new Batman issue onto the iPad and it keeps coming up with an error message saying "Cannot Install Item: Please restart app and download your purchase again". Ive done this a few times and rebooted the iPad and still keeps coming up with the error message, any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

Fincher -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 8:32:55 AM)

Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

Bojangles11 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 10:36:08 AM)

that did the trick, thanks for that mate, cant believe I didnt try that earlier!

dace90 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 11:13:18 AM)

Hello!I subscribed last month for a 3month subscription, but there's only two option next to the new issue subscribe and buy.What should i do to get the magazine with my subscription?Thank you for the help!

Dogma -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 11:20:14 AM)

Hi James, I'm aware that you can't guarantee anything, but is there a rough release date for the iPad update that will mean current magazine subscribers can get their iPad editions? Thanks in advance.

Fincher -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 1:29:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dace90

Hello!I subscribed last month for a 3month subscription, but there's only two option next to the new issue subscribe and buy.What should i do to get the magazine with my subscription?Thank you for the help!

Glad I could help. [:)]

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 4:50:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dogma

Hi James, I'm aware that you can't guarantee anything, but is there a rough release date for the iPad update that will mean current magazine subscribers can get their iPad editions? Thanks in advance.

Nope, fraid not. It's not us, you see. We're basically waiting for IT peeps at the subscriptions database to hook themselves up and it's taking a while. I would hope this side of Xmas though (can't promise).

Dogma -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (25/11/2011 4:53:13 PM)

Thanks for the fast reply, I know you guys are doing your best.

Ironside -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (27/11/2011 9:31:02 PM)

Just noticed it says on the subscription update for the iPad 1 year for 4.99. Obviously supposed to be one month I guess. Still very cheap I guess

Ironside -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (27/11/2011 9:33:13 PM)

That's euro btw

Thumbsucker -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 7:46:56 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dogma

Nope, fraid not. It's not us, you see. We're basically waiting for IT peeps at the subscriptions database to hook themselves up and it's taking a while. I would hope this side of Xmas though (can't promise).

Whaddyasay, is this still on the cards? We're at the 13th of December and I'm wishing for an early Xmas pressie from the Empire elves... Either way, Merry Christmas to you, James, and everyone else in t'office, you busy 'ickle bees you.

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 4:03:46 PM)

Unfortunately we're looking at the new year now. If I could make them work faster then I would but it appears they're severely understaffed. Bloody Christmas.

Tosh -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 4:52:10 PM)

in the words of Vader - NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tonard -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 5:41:58 PM)

Hello,
Like Dace90, I just subscribed now for a 3month subscription, but the only two option are subscribe and buy.
What should i do to get the magazine with my subscription?

Thank you for the help!

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 5:44:07 PM)

Hi, I'm not sure what you're asking. Subscribers to the print mag will get the ipad edition for free but not until the new year (exact date TBC). iPad subscribers won't get the print mag free, though.

Tonard -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (13/12/2011 11:57:31 PM)

I subscribed via my iPad for a 3 months period (as my print ne just finished), and it says that the subscription will start with the actual last issue (the January one)... but I cannot view it or download it as it asks me to buy it?!?

How can I do?

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (14/12/2011 1:55:15 PM)

I've not encountered that before. Has the option to subscribe disappeared? If so then at least your subscription has gone through. The only thing I can imagine is that it will start with the Feb issue out next week.

Tonard -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (14/12/2011 2:46:28 PM)

Yes the 'subscribe' disappeared!
So no January issue for me then!?
:(
Bummer... I wanted to start with this one, so I will need to buy it separately then.

Thanks for your help

Robclaisse -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (14/12/2011 7:18:42 PM)

Why don't subscription download automatically when a new issue becomes available, that was one of the biggest selling points of subscriptions and newstand with iOS5.

Even just being able to download an issue manual in the background and not have to sit there with the app open in the foreground would be nice!

Heliecopter -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (18/12/2011 7:52:13 AM)

Hi There, I have just downloaded the 3 month subscription deal but nothing has happened. I click the newsstand icon where a empire mag sits and it just takes me back to the buy a single magazine page! I've had an email from Apple to say l have purchased 3 month sub, so l know l have paid, but how do l get the magazine ? No download details nothing, currently very disappointed with support as l was sent to this forum. I have read everything so far but nothing helps my situation.. H

Tonard -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (18/12/2011 9:48:58 AM)

I am sad as well as I wanted the January issue, and it doesn't seem to start from this issue...
I feel tricked to have to buy it on top of the 3 month subscription... Bummer...
[:(]
We'll see if something happens with the next issue then

Rob -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (4/1/2012 11:56:48 AM)

Hi James,

Any news on the free iPad edition for print subscribers?

Thanks in advance.

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (4/1/2012 12:20:39 PM)

Not yet. There's been a slight bump in the road regarding VAT issues but we're getting there!

Tosh -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (4/1/2012 3:12:47 PM)

Still awaiting very patiently, the Empire mag on the Ipad has got to be the standard bearer for all magazines/newspapers wanting to be available digitally.     Once subscriptions has been sorted what will we need to activate it? Will we get a code from Bauer?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI