Subscriptions!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition

James Dyer -> Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 2:09:52 PM)

I promised you'd get it (although that was almost a year ago) and I'm happy to say it's now almost here. With a little luck we'll have subscriptions to the iPad edition available this week so there will be no need to buy individual copies from here on in. The prices will be...

Single issue: 3.99 (same)
3 Months: 9.99
6 Months: 17.49

We will have a 12 month option but you'll have to wait a few weeks for that one.

But that's not all... I've been listening to your comments on the message board and one of the reasons we couldn't offer subscriptions until now is that I wanted to make sure magazine subscribers didn't have to pay twice. We've almost ironed out the bugs so that Empire mag subscribers will get access to the iPad edition for the sum of 0.00. Yep, we're making it free to our existing subscribers. This will take a little longer to implement than subscriptions themselves (might be as soon as next week but more likely within the next month), so my advice to current mag subscribers is to wait for an update before signing up for a six month package.

Hope this comes as good news and partially makes up for the delay in getting subs up and running. I'll confirm exact live date for subs as soon as I have it.

James

Rob -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 2:15:22 PM)

Good work James!

And just in time for the Newstand App on iOS 5!

pendlebum -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 3:30:47 PM)

Brilliant news! Thanks James.

Matt

pimpos dentos -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 6:55:35 PM)

That is great news. Thanks James.

I can't wait to get every issue on the iPad.

chrisrus -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 8:48:13 PM)

Great stuff.

Cockeye -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 8:57:43 PM)

Well, for the first time I'm unhappy. Always been a big supporter of this endeavour James, but as someone who gave up the magazine subscription because you weren't offering this service, and I wanted to support the iPad edition you have now turned round and kicked me in the bollocks.

Sorry - I have bought my last Empire magazine as of this announcement.

cstromme -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 9:08:09 PM)

Yay! So will the 1 year subscription be out for the next issue? Also, is a Newsstand update coming?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cockeye

Well, for the first time I'm unhappy. Always been a big supporter of this endeavour James, but as someone who gave up the magazine subscription because you weren't offering this service, and I wanted to support the iPad edition you have now turned round and kicked me in the bollocks.

Sorry - I have bought my last Empire magazine as of this announcement.

That makes no sense at all. How have they kicked you in the bollocks? Did you stop your print subscriptions and start buying the digital one? If so, what have they done now that is bad for you? You can just subscribe to the print one if you feel like it, or buy a subscription to the digital versions.

I have no idea how what they've done could be considered a bad thing for you in any way. It just doesn't make any sense.

Cockeye -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (12/10/2011 9:37:31 PM)

I was on a really good magazine subscription deal. I was basically paying the equivalent of (I think) 3 an issue and they took the DD monthly from my account so I didn't have to pay a lump sum up front. I would not get the same deal now if I resubscribe. When the iPad version came out and they wouldn't offer subscriptions (even though all the other iPad magazines I read did), I thought long and hard, then thought that a new venture like the iPad edition needed to be supported.

So I cancelled my Empire subsciption (which I'd had for three years) and bought the digital edition instead.

What James is now saying (and I'm sure it's not his choice) is that if you did NOT support the iPad edition from the start, and chose to stay with the print version, well we will now give you the digital version for FREE! But if you chose to cancel your print subscription in order to support this new venture, well you may be paying the same price as the print subscribers but you know what? We're not going to give YOU the print magazine for free! Oh no! You supported us, but you get nothing!

I'm sure James and the publishers couldn't care less - and nor would I expect them to. I'm only one subscriber.

Cockeye -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (15/10/2011 10:26:39 AM)

Ok - I've calmed down a bit now. Apologies if my language or comments caused any offence.

I'm still not happy - that much is true. But hey - when you've been reading Empire since the first issue, you can't just stop.......:)

leok -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (19/10/2011 6:48:50 AM)

Great work James - and hugely appreciated

I had cancelled my print subscription in preparation of you being offering a new 2-in-1 deal.

The fact you are bundling the online and the print together means I can now resubscribe

It's really great that you are going down the same model as the Economist and others - and not charging extra. You really make us feel valued as subscribers

Leo

Tosh -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (20/10/2011 10:13:20 AM)

saaaaweet. Just got an Ipad and i have to say the Empire app is THE way to create a digital app! so i couldnt wait for this month when i was going to cancel subscription so i would get the Ipad app UNTIL i saw this post! wooo so i can still get the subscriber covers and read on ipad. nicely done Empire

xamn -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (21/10/2011 4:27:15 PM)

How exactly does one subscribe to the iPad edition? There is no obvious button in the app anywhere I can see. Am I missing something?

Thanks

sam89 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (21/10/2011 8:13:57 PM)

You'll be given the option to subscribe when you purchase your next magazine, apparently.

Hawros -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (24/10/2011 10:49:48 PM)

Great news. Have been waiting a while for this, but better than expected. Thanks guys!

Tarkins Ghost -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 10:26:44 AM)

Great news on subscriptions.

This may have been implied / answered and I'm just none too bright but

You say that existing subscribers get the iPad edition for free. Like some comments above I do not subscribe as I have been waiting for the iPad edition. I buy the paper edition regularly (more so when I cannot wait for the iPad edition)

Is it only existing subscribers that get free downloads of the iPad app?

Can I subscribe to the paper edition and get subscribers benefits including iPad access?
Or do I now have to choose which one I subscribe to?

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 12:12:54 PM)

You can subscribe to the print mag at any time and still get access to the iPad edition for free (once it's up and running).

delbert -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 12:43:45 PM)

Any idea of time frames for the 12 month subs as I'm not going to buy 6 if I can save more money on 12 (or is that the reason for the delay?)

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 3:09:53 PM)

It'll probably come in a couple of months, some time after the mag subs I would think. Our suits are still wrangling over pricing.

giallomovie -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 4:16:28 PM)

Yeah, I am too waiting for the 12 months subscription.

Rob -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 4:42:20 PM)

So to clarify, and apologies if I'm being dumb, I can subscribe today to the print magazine including taking advantage of the free game offer and within the take few months I will be able to download the iPad edition for free as I will be an existing print subscriber.

Is that correct?

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 4:43:10 PM)

Yup

Rob -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 4:45:33 PM)

Cheers. Pretty good deal that!

zeech1941 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (31/10/2011 6:38:35 PM)

Great news on subscription!! I have subscribed but there was a load error, so I have bought Dec issue as I couldn't wait to read it. I have had email confirmation of subscription but will I be charged twice for Dec issue or will it kick in for Jan issue?

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (1/11/2011 12:01:56 PM)

Ummm, I'm not sure. I'm not exactly sure what's happened there. I've subscribed myself just now (yes, even I can't get the bloody thing for free and I make it!!!) and it just downloaded, it didn't ask me to purchase separately.

zeech1941 -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (2/11/2011 5:34:16 PM)

Thanks for getting back to me, It didn't ask for me to purchase separately it just said there was a load error, so I bought Dec issue as I wanted to read it, no patience! I've had my bill from iTunes for Dec issue and 6 issue subscription so hopefully when Jan issue is out the subscription will kick in. PS love the new issue

pazza -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (15/11/2011 2:12:00 PM)

Just bought an iPad, and as an existing magazine subscriber, I am looking forward to trying out this great looking app for free :)

Any updates as to whether this feature is now fully supported in Newstand?

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (15/11/2011 3:12:42 PM)

Not at present. Still a few weeks off I should say.

Dogma -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (16/11/2011 1:10:14 AM)

When we subscribers get the free iPad subscription, will the Spielberg issue be included still? Thanks

timinphuket -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (16/11/2011 5:51:47 AM)

Hello James

I have just received my last paper edition of Empire (December 2011) Please tell me how I will know when the years subscription to the iPad edition will be available - January 2012.

I live in the Far East so being overseas the price is a very big factor and the Digital Edition looks to be the way forward.

I look forward to hearing from you.

with best regards

tim in phuket

James Dyer -> RE: Subscriptions!!! (16/11/2011 10:55:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dogma

When we subscribers get the free iPad subscription, will the Spielberg issue be included still? Thanks

No, I'm afraid not, that's a separate special release.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI