Human Centipede 2 Gets A Certificate (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Human Centipede 2 Gets A Certificate (6/10/2011 11:40:08 AM)

Post your comments on this article

loretta27 -> (6/10/2011 11:40:08 AM)

Hell. No :(

dazzydee -> (6/10/2011 11:40:16 AM)

'I can't wait!' - Rapists

jmebaby25 -> (6/10/2011 12:09:26 PM)

Don't rush... form an orderly queue....

tallaght24 -> No. (6/10/2011 12:13:38 PM)

Human Centipede. Big pile of self indulgent wank. Maybe that's what people like about it!

John Firth -> (6/10/2011 12:32:14 PM)

Cutting over two minutes from something I can buy uncut over the net? No ta. You wonder what century the BBFC lives in.

jayphex -> would rather pay to.... (6/10/2011 12:57:30 PM)

...watch Christopher Biggins drink a tramps' poop through a funnel than watch this. The first film was bobbins.

shitneck -> (6/10/2011 1:01:55 PM)

What a pity that the BBFC have decided to justify it's (unneccassary?) existence and found itself another target. How many times did it's members watch this film before it made the decision to protect the idiots of the public from being corrupted? The BBFC is a complete joke and seeing the level of government spending cuts, how can the department warrant being funded? We can make our own decisions, we are not children.

jayphex -> RE: (6/10/2011 1:08:25 PM)

I don't think the government funds the BBFC, it's supposedly an independent body.

Kmadden2004 -> RE: (6/10/2011 1:29:29 PM)

@shitneck
The BBFC is an independent body that has no government investment. Get your facts straight before launching into a ridiculous rant like that. And the Board is there to protect the rights of filmmakers as much as it is to provide advice to parents and cinemagoers.

CHUFFSTER -> RE: RE: (6/10/2011 2:02:12 PM)

The BBFC doesn't cut any film-they can suggest cuts.

It's up to the distributor(as in this case)whether they want to follow these suggestions.

xzynomorpher -> RE: RE: (6/10/2011 3:26:46 PM)

To me, the only reason to see this was too see just what it was that was so terrible that it would get banned in a country that approves the release of almost anything, including such movies as "A Serbian Film".

With the cuts made, its just another clunky horror flick and a waste of eight pounds. Might still check out the uncut version on line though.

Hairypie -> Human Centipede 2, MY ARSE!!!!!!!! (6/10/2011 5:21:10 PM)

Watch this tawdry little film? I'd rather have my mouth sewn to the anus of a stranger................................

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Human Centipede 2, MY ARSE!!!!!!!! (6/10/2011 5:29:16 PM)

Can't wait to see it!

TOPOI -> What?!!! (6/10/2011 7:04:48 PM)

Brilliant - the BBFC have fallen right into their hands. Word of mouth about a banned film, allow a 'censored' version and then they'll put out a rubbish 'uncensored' version. I doubt any cinemas will put it on but judging by the trailer, if one person goes to see it then that ticket will cost more than the movie's whole fucking budget anyway and they'll make a profit...

Hood_Man -> RE: Human Centipede 2, MY ARSE!!!!!!!! (6/10/2011 7:06:35 PM)

Curiosity got the better of me last time. After feeling horrified when someone explained the plot, and after suppressing the gag reflex that followed, I went and got myself a copy and sat down to watch it.

...to be honest, apart from a quite good performance from the doctor, it was a pretty timid and boring film. There've been far sicker films released before and since.

I might see the sequel, but I'm not expecting anything as sick as I thought the first film would be.

RundownDJ Gman -> (6/10/2011 9:58:39 PM)

I struggle to think of any film I would rather see less than this.

Rockin Ricky Rialto -> RE: What?!!! (6/10/2011 10:00:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TOPOI

if one person goes to see it then that ticket will cost more than the movie's whole fucking budget anyway and they'll make a profit...

You make me smile [image]http://www.empireonline.com/forum/image/s1.gif[/image]

I want to see this as the first was a pretty weird and unique, I think it will be good.

And if you don't want to see this film, Do not comment dumb things!

nemesis prime -> compare... (6/10/2011 10:15:06 PM)

...the mere cuts.com.

sorry.

TrendMeUp -> RE: (6/10/2011 10:57:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: shitneck

What a pity that the BBFC have decided to justify it's (unneccassary?) existence and found itself another target. How many times did it's members watch this film before it made the decision to protect the idiots of the public from being corrupted? The BBFC is a complete joke and seeing the level of government spending cuts, how can the department warrant being funded? We can make our own decisions, we are not children.

What a load of absolute bobbins.

Your completely incorrect comment regarding the government aside, would you be ok with the release of films that show people how to make bombs? That's an extreme example, but it serves my point.

Also, the BBFC doesn't force any film makers to do anything. And the only time they make recommendations is when a film could potentially incite harmful behaviour. Count yourself lucky we don't have to put up with the MPAA or even stricter regulations. The BBFC are actually a very measured, liberal organisation.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: RE: (6/10/2011 11:02:41 PM)

By the by - there was a great documentary about the history of the BBFC on BBC 4 last week. Might still be up on Iplayer if you are lucky. 

Cumpkin -> Pathetic (7/10/2011 1:19:10 AM)

The BBFC grant the Human Centipede 2 a certificate after saying there was no way they could grant the film a certificate?

“The Board considered whether its concerns could be dealt with through cuts. However, given that the unacceptable content runs throughout the work, cuts are not a viable option in this case and the work is therefore refused a classification."

from

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/newsreleases/2011/06/bbfc-rejects-the-human-centipede-ii-full-sequence/

The BBFC have reversed their decision on what seems to be an arbitrary whim.

I do not understand their logic on this one.

Discodez -> RE: Human Centipede 2 Gets A Certificate (7/10/2011 8:42:23 AM)

The producers must be ecstatic, the BBFC have given their film the kind of publicity a major studio spends millions on!

Quolm -> HS2 (7/10/2011 8:57:07 AM)

I loved the first one don't get me wrong but I really don't fancy watching someone wanking with sand paper. Call me a stick in the mud.

sephiroth7 -> BBFC idiots (7/10/2011 2:06:56 PM)

Best thing you can do with garbage like this is NOT make a fuss. You'd wonder about the clowns working in the BBFC, you'd wonder more about anyone actually wanting to watch this poison.

prof67 -> Oh dear! (9/10/2011 1:55:11 AM)

Just watched first Human Centipede....it's time for a bit of honesty. The director (I'm not even going to grace him with recognition) needs to rethink his career options because he clearly has no idea of finished product. There has been a lot of backlash about this film but don't confuse that with outrage....any of the Saw films are likely to make you more queasy..rather the most offensive thing about this film is how it got made in the first place. It's predictable..boring..with some appalling acting,directing and dialogue.But..like me ...you need to find out for yourself. Tom Six(ok, I did)...could I have a large fries with that? I like to think that people make films to change how you feel....Frank Capra or Jean Pierre Jeunet.....but when you watch a film and you feel no different afterwards...you've achieved nothing. Nuff said

adamthehorrorfan -> RE: Oh dear! (17/10/2011 1:55:30 AM)

I was pleased to hear that Human Centipede 2 was no longer banned in the UK but I got slightly annoyed that the BBFC passed it with 2 minutes and 37 seconds of cuts. I guess all we can do is wait for an uncut dvd to be released abroad and import it or watch it when someone uploads it online.

Damn censorship.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI