Stephen King Writing Sequel To Shining (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Stephen King Writing Sequel To Shining (29/9/2011 9:28:36 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Rustyfourbears -> The adventures of Father Callahan (29/9/2011 9:28:36 AM)

Father Callahans story continued on from Salems Lot through the last three Dark Tower novels, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah and The Dark Tower. Yep he did carry on fighting vampires for a while too

darko18 -> (29/9/2011 11:38:15 AM)

I read a while ago Dr. Sleep will take place in a Manhattan hospital where Danny, now in his forties, helps the dead move on. But then there's no reason why King couldn't have decided to change things.

woodsikov -> (29/9/2011 12:14:07 PM)

"Danny vs. vampires? It seems initially like an idea from way out of leftfield"

Seems to me like a complete lack of imagination given the current glut of vampire related stories/films plus regurgitating a character from a previous book.

BenTramer -> Jerusalem's Lot 2 (29/9/2011 3:09:59 PM)

Sounds more like a sequel to Salem's Lot. The version with David Soul is my favourite vampire movie.

DazDaMan -> RE: Jerusalem's Lot 2 (30/9/2011 12:28:02 PM)

About as pointless a sequel as you can get, really.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Jerusalem's Lot 2 (30/9/2011 12:36:28 PM)

It doesn mean literal vampires. Its about a group of folk who go around feeding of the psychic ability of others hence the connection to Danny. I love King so I welcome it. There's a vid online where he reads a extract from the book.

horribleives -> RE: Jerusalem's Lot 2 (30/9/2011 1:39:45 PM)

It's quite clearly not a sequel but a book featuring a character from another book, something King has done many times so I don't get all the fuss.
And as for a lack of imagination, we're talking about a writer who's published on average a book a year for decades - good or bad, if there's one thing he's not short on it's ideas.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI