Exclusive New Dark Shadows Pics (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive New Dark Shadows Pics (27/9/2011 11:54:56 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Porter -> I love Johnny, I love Burton... (27/9/2011 11:54:56 AM)

...I'll forgive them almost anything they've done together (yes, that means you Charlie & the Chocolate Factory!) but I've got a bad feeling we're heading into Mars Attacks!/ POTC: At World's End territory here. A sad and bad combination. Hope I'm wrong.

JimmyThe Saint -> (27/9/2011 12:42:03 PM)

Good to see Tim Burton doing somethign different. I am glad he is making a film for grown ups for a change. Instead of the same old thing. It is not as if he is doing a gothic fantasy wiith no relation to the real world once more. Oh wait..Hang on a second.

Guardianz -> It could work... (27/9/2011 4:59:24 PM)

One of the main fascinations for Barnabas Collins arises from his being a true human underneath the monster. After several remakes of Dark Shadows & 2 full length movies it would be unnecessary to make another clone of the series. It will be interesting to get Burton's version. Check out this song about Barnabas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jXQ652Q7LM

Coro1234 -> Tim Burton - the one and only (28/9/2011 6:22:28 PM)

Tim Burton is my favorite director ever. I can't wait for this movie to come out! Although it looks a lot different from his usuall stuff.... But, I have faith in him.

John83 -> Resurrection welcomed but with misgivings (29/9/2011 11:06:29 AM)

I've read that the series reruns have never been out of syndication around the world and that it's immensely popular everywhere EXCEPT the U.S, contrary to what this writer implies . I have to admit I am a huge fan of the original series, and I have misgivings about this latest resurrection. Depp & Burton are great in films heavy on action and special effects, never the greatest aspects of the original DS. Even the original creators of DS were never able to put their finger on its best qualities and were unable to duplicate it in the films or remakes. They were continually going back and forth in time and restaging other versions of events such as Josette’s death. They could correct mistakes but never top their successes and often succeeded in only recreating something different. Where they succeeded technically, they might lack the original energy and vitality. I’m afraid this new version is just another version rather than a better definition.

launcelot -> more of the same, then (29/9/2011 9:11:26 PM)

I'm amazed by the people describing this as something different.
Kooky retro gothic with Johnny Depp -like this - aptly sums up most of Burton's films.

diverte -> Soooo Saddd (30/9/2011 5:10:43 PM)

I hope I am wrong, but this looks like it's going in the wrong direction. I loved Dark Shadows and was so excited about Depp and Burton doing this remake. But I think it's going to be a huge letdown by the pics I have viewed. Johnny, You said "it was not going to change that much", what's happening??

ThisIsntEvenMyDesk -> Other worldy (30/9/2011 7:08:34 PM)

I'd never heard of Dark Shadows...but I like the look of this...I think Tim Burton has yet to do his best work, or was that Batman? Either way, I can't wait to see a trailer.

JackAttwood -> SSDD (1/10/2011 3:04:38 AM)

good to see Burton and Depp trying something different.......Scissorhands, was in my opinion, the only truly impressive Johnny Burton film.

trainedasninja -> I dont see any issues... (3/10/2011 10:43:26 AM)

i think it looks awesome. The only Burton and Depp collaboration that didnt work so well was alice in wonderland but i think it wasnt there fault it was just other things that let the film down.

acumom -> Loved Dark Shadows (27/10/2011 7:45:54 PM)

I was 12 years old when I started watching Dark Shadows. I was hooked!! Barnabas, Victoria Winters, Sarah his sister, Angelique, Willie, etc. etc. I loved them all. Well, it was kind of hard to love Angelique!! But she had beautiful eyes. I can't wait to see JD as Barnabas Collins. He is my favorite actor. I like the look of him as Barnabas in that big family shot of all the actors. But the one with the white makeup is a bit much. I hope he at least semi-stays true to the original story, with better acting of course, and doesn't go ballistic making him into a vampire. Keep him as a sensitive, kind person who also happens to be a vampire. Can't wait to see it.

acumom -> RE: Soooo Saddd (27/10/2011 7:55:02 PM)

If by huge letdown you mean the white makeup on Johnny Depp, I agree. I don't want Barnabas to become a monster or a creature of some sort. First and foremost he was a human being who was kind and caring, but unfortunately had to survive as a vampire. To make him up to look like some kind of hideous vampire first and then maybe sprinkle a little human in him would totally ruin the movie. Please don't disappoint both Dark Shadows and Johnny Depp fans.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.640625E-02