RE: Films where the bad guy wins (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

spark1 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (10/3/2012 12:28:44 PM)

every neil labute film.

ElephantBoy -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (10/3/2012 6:26:42 PM)

Not Your Friends and Neighbours or LakeHouse Terrace[;)]

spark1 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (11/3/2012 11:46:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Not Your Friends and Neighbours or LakeHouse Terrace[;)]

or 'death at the funeral'- my bad.

but definitely 'company of men', 'shape of things' and 'wicker man' remake.

spark1 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (14/3/2012 10:37:25 AM)

spoiler

quite a few warren beatty movies like 'the parallex view', 'mcabe and mrs miller', 'bugsy', 'bonnie and clyde'.

Spaldron -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (14/3/2012 3:53:10 PM)

The Godfather Part I, II and technically III

AngryDude92 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (17/3/2012 2:14:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

spoiler

quite a few warren beatty movies like 'the parallex view', 'mcabe and mrs miller', 'bugsy', 'bonnie and clyde'.

Arn't Bonnie and Clyde the bad guys there, they do rob banks and murder people.
Hardly the work of a good person and it's the police who are doing there job at the end
and catch the bad guys in one respect. Sorry to get technical[;)] 

spark1 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (17/3/2012 2:26:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AngryDude92

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

spoiler

Arn't Bonnie and Clyde the bad guys there, they do rob banks and murder people.
Hardly the work of a good person and it's the police who are doing there job at the end
and catch the bad guys in one respect. Sorry to get technical[;)] 

its a bit murky- they are killers but the film casts them as rebels and when the law catches up with them you do sympathize with them at the end.

spark1 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (19/3/2012 10:12:21 AM)

'the insider'
'the friends of eddie coyle'

cloody -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (7/5/2012 12:23:17 AM)

The original Funny Games is possibly the most disturbing film I have ever watched.

Eden Lake, too, but Funny Games is just nastier imho.

Discodez -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (8/5/2012 11:42:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cloody

The original Funny Games is possibly the most disturbing film I have ever watched.

Eden Lake, too, but Funny Games is just nastier imho.

It's the breaking of the fourth wall and the taunting of the audience, the usurping of our expectations, that makes funny games so much more "nasty" I think.

OldGrey -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (18/5/2012 10:10:39 PM)

Matchstick Men
Watchmen - although I have debated that one with friends
Pitch Black
Rosemary's Baby

Have to admit, I like it when the end of the film flies against convention

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (28/5/2012 2:09:17 PM)

The Empire Strikes Back (quite obvious really!)

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (28/5/2012 2:12:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldGrey

Matchstick Men
Pitch Black
Rosemary's Baby

I'd argue that the bad guy doesn't get away with it! One reason why - Rorshach's journal! (and the comicbook is same aswell)

OldGrey -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (28/5/2012 10:08:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Matchstick Men
Pitch Black
Rosemary's Baby

I'd argue that the bad guy doesn't get away with it! One reason why - Rorshach's journal! (and the comicbook is same aswell)

Yes - see I had the same-ish debate but technically, the "bad guy" still wins because Ozy's plan is still a success. Albeit than in the future, the journal might get printed, and it is possible that the publication may get some acknowledgement but that won't happen overnight and as long as Manhattan is off-world, it's too great a risk to believe he did nothing. Therefore Ozy has pulled off the con that Manhattan was responsible,creating world peace and what would be basically little more than a conspiracy theory in the press (the journal) will seem as unbelievable to Joe Public and governments alike as it initially was to the the Daniel and co. So, my point is that whatever is eventually published, it will end up as nothing more than a "Who Really Killed Kennedy" argument that will rumble on but never be resolved - Ozy still wins !

Spaldron -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (28/5/2012 11:09:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Matchstick Men
Pitch Black
Rosemary's Baby

Yes - see I had the same-ish debate but technically, the "bad guy" still wins because Ozy's plan is still a success. Albeit than in the future, the journal might get printed, and it is possible that the publication may get some acknowledgement but that won't happen overnight and as long as Manhattan is off-world, it's too great a risk to believe he did nothing. Therefore Ozy has pulled off the con that Manhattan was responsible,creating world peace and what would be basically little more than a conspiracy theory in the press (the journal) will seem as unbelievable to Joe Public and governments alike as it initially was to the the Daniel and co. So, my point is that whatever is eventually published, it will end up as nothing more than a "Who Really Killed Kennedy" argument that will rumble on but never be resolved - Ozy still wins !

Plus it would get published in The New Frontiersman which is just a right-wing bullshit rag (probably would be read by Tea-partyers in real life).

Cool Breeze -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (29/5/2012 8:51:25 PM)

quote:

As well as episodes 1, 2, and 3 obviously.

kumar -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (29/5/2012 9:21:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

1 and 2 arent that clear cut- 1 ends in pretty much stalemate as does two. It isnt until episode three the tables really turn. And even then, of the two "big bads" one is left burning on the floor in pieces. Still rubbish though.

If i suggested Starship Troopers, would i get laughed off the forum? In a sense that the foolishly misguided invasion (followed by an alleged meteor shot out of orbit from another solar system presumably resulting from a plasma ejection from an insects ass) is "successful" and by the end continues on in order to wipe out the insect scum? [sm=huh.gif] Sound like bad guys to me.

drews -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (30/5/2012 5:33:27 PM)

I will tell you one film where the good guy wins at the end and it REALLY annoys me because it is one of my favourite movies: Collateral.

The movie spends nearly 2 hours developing Tom Cruise's assassin as the ultimate killer. A man who leaves no stone unturned. No situation to difficult for him to negotiate.

Oh, except for when confronted by a whimpy, nervous, mommas boy LA taxi driver in a close confines train shootout.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (30/5/2012 8:58:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

1 and 2 arent that clear cut- 1 ends in pretty much stalemate as does two. It isnt until episode three the tables really turn. And even then, of the two "big bads" one is left burning on the floor in pieces. Still rubbish though.

If i suggested Starship Troopers, would i get laughed off the forum? In a sense that the foolishly misguided invasion (followed by an alleged meteor shot out of orbit from another solar system presumably resulting from a plasma ejection from an insects ass) is "successful" and by the end continues on in order to wipe out the insect scum? [sm=huh.gif] Sound like bad guys to me.

Its pretty clear cut.Palpatines plan was to become Chancellor of the republic during Episode 1.He succeeded.Sure he lost Darth Maul but that was a setback he was probably expecting.Chalk a win for the bad guys here.

Palpatines plan in episode 2 was to divide the republic by instigating a war that would ultimatley give him military strength.He succeeded and the Jedi failed to capture Dooku.Chalk a win for the bad guys here.

In episode 3 he manages to turn Anakin to the dark side to be his new apprentice,wipes out nearly all the jedi and becomes Emperor.Chalk up a BIG win for the bad guys here.

RobotDevil -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (30/5/2012 11:35:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

I'm going to add Skyline to the mix. Humanity is essentially FUBAR by a nigh unstoppable force, despite the way the main characters' story ends.

If by 'bad guys' you mean the people who made that terrible film, and if 'wins' equates to taking my slightly hard earned money then, yes, they won. I think that might be the worst film I've seen at the cinema. At least all the garbage I've rented cost less.

the_driver -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (31/5/2012 5:48:21 PM)

The Departed, the reputation of Matt Damon's character is not damaged but his forehead is and Mark Wahlberg is kind of dick in that movie

Spaldron -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 4:14:21 AM)

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Biggus -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 12:46:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Se7en

***** SPOILERS *****

Only in John Doe's own twisted mind does he win when Brad Pitt becomes wrath. To everyone else living in the real world some nutter who kills people gets shot.

NinjaShortbread212 -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 1:59:41 PM)

Scarface and The Great Silence

Spaldron -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 3:13:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

quote:

Se7en

***** SPOILERS *****

Only in John Doe's own twisted mind does he win when Brad Pitt becomes wrath. To everyone else living in the real world some nutter who kills people gets shot.

Yes but Brad Pitt goes to jail, and his wife and baby are dead. Swings and roundabouts innit? [:D]

horribleives -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 3:18:33 PM)

quote:

quote:

Se7en

***** SPOILERS *****

He wants to get shot though. All in all, everything worked out pretty rosy for the bad guy.

Cool Breeze -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (4/6/2012 5:38:52 PM)

SPOILERS FOR PROMETHEUS...

Prometheus surely? Davids actions initiates the chain of events that will result in the birth of the Aliens and leads to the deaths of nearly the whole ships crew.

Biggus -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (5/6/2012 12:51:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Se7en

***** SPOILERS *****

He wants to get shot though. All in all, everything worked out pretty rosy for the bad guy.

I can only reiterate my post.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (5/6/2012 12:54:29 AM)

*******SPOILERS FOR SE7EN*********

But he does win though, not just in his head. He ruined Brad Pitt's life by killing his wife and unborn child.....

Biggus -> RE: Films where the bad guy wins (5/6/2012 9:37:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

*******SPOILERS FOR SE7EN*********

But he does win though, not just in his head. He ruined Brad Pitt's life by killing his wife and unborn child.....

So does every serial killer in a film win then?

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI