RE: Movie Con V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

nvh1982 -> RE: Movie Con V (26/11/2011 10:42:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Rob C: Mark II!

quote:

ORIGINAL: buttercupkitty

Manchester meet confirmed for Saturday 14th January. Just booked our train tickets and hotel, looking forward to it!

Ooh that's in my range, let me know some more details and might try to be there [:)]

Yay can defo make it, just tell me where!

Greggieboy -> RE: Movie Con V (27/11/2011 6:00:29 PM)

Hi, I am hoping to come on Saturday and Im really looking forward to it, I also need a proper drink.

Any idea on where its going to be? What is The Captains Cabin like on a Saturday night?

Hope everyone has a good week

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (29/12/2011 5:11:30 PM)

Been such a long time since ive been on the boards.... Im claiming BS-PTSD :-)

Anyhoo.. Im up for the manc meet on the 14th! We got any timings or suggestions worked out? Though im only 40mins from manc my knowledge extends to the route from piccadilly to printworks (cajan food and cinema....my usual haunt).

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (30/12/2011 6:05:21 PM)

I had a look at the cornerhouse and printworks websites but couldn't see anything obvious. Will take a gander nearer the time.

Me, piccolo, wag and filmfenster confirmed. Can't wait for a good natter with everyone! [:)]

piccolo135 -> RE: Movie Con V (30/12/2011 11:22:43 PM)

Any thoughts on filmage for then? Darkest Hour? Underworld 4? Shame? War Horse?

Or, UNDERWORLD 4 WITH KATE BECKINSALE?

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (3/1/2012 6:28:20 PM)

My vote would go for War Horse :-)

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (9/1/2012 10:17:48 PM)

Anyone signed up for Netflix yet? Looked at the website and there seemed to be bugger all there! Or do you have to sign up to see all the options?

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (10/1/2012 8:56:32 AM)

Hearing there's a lot more on the actual service, although it's more TV orientated right now.

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (11/1/2012 7:06:10 PM)

Peeps coming to Manchester! The Artist at The Cornerhouse or Margin Call at the Printworks? Just an idea.

tobyt -> RE: Movie Con V (11/1/2012 8:14:01 PM)

I'd say The Artist at The Cornerhouse. Anybody confirm what's happening for Saturday yet?

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (12/1/2012 8:49:23 AM)

Beg and I are around all day on Saturday in Manchester, so anyone who wants to show us around, or just hang out somewhere and get a coffee and talk movies, just let me know. Anyone who doesn't have my mobile no, send me a PM.

Really looking forward to it!

nvh1982 -> RE: Movie Con V (13/1/2012 6:45:37 PM)

I'd go for either but prefer Margin Call purely because I only just saw The Artist on Wednesday, but don't mind seeing it again if most want to do that, my Twitter still isn't working so I'll keep checking here for updates or if you're on my facebook you can catch me there x

BethN21286 -> RE: Movie Con V (13/1/2012 9:19:50 PM)

I go away from the forum for 5 months and you...wait what? Only 7 pages? Twitter has much to answer for!

odddaze -> RE: Movie Con V (14/1/2012 10:27:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

Anyone signed up for Netflix yet? Looked at the website and there seemed to be bugger all there! Or do you have to sign up to see all the options?

I'm on it, I kinda love it.

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (16/1/2012 10:29:06 AM)

I took the free trial. My father looked at me, quizzical. A day later I find odd suggestions based on things he was watching through the night...

scarlin -> RE: Movie Con V (16/1/2012 1:06:00 PM)

Afternoon all. So this is our new house?

I signed up to Netflix but cancelled after half an hour since they had a lot less than i expected. I still have the free month. But on reflection i will sign back up. I like the ease in which i can just watch something straight away without having to rake through boxes to find a DVD.And £6 a month is alright. Although i wonder if you are locked into a years contract?

azzman1984 -> RE: Movie Con V (17/1/2012 1:23:33 AM)

All i hope is that i really hope they do a movie together [:D]

[image]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a346/azhar_is_the_man/random/awe.jpg[/image]

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (17/1/2012 7:08:46 AM)

Slightly OT question for you tech savvy people.

Anyone know how to get embedded streaming video to work on an android tablet? Independent apps like netflix, youtube and iplayer work fine but as soon as i try to watch something on a website such as Empire or Livejournal where the video is on a site its choppy or just freezes.

I seem to have the latest flash plugin and the broadband signal is fine as have no probs on laptop but lack of website streaming is getting really irritating. Gifs dont flow well either....they just choppily jump.

Any ideas?

Greggieboy -> RE: Movie Con V (17/1/2012 9:50:12 PM)

About this time last year Empire printed the first advert for Big Screen with details of how to put a £10 deposit down to secure a Diamond Ticket.

Do we reckon in the issue out in about 10 days time there will be a similar advert? We know the dates of this years (Sep 14th), a month later due to the Olympics, but dont know where its being held. My guess it will be the O2 again, lets just hope its better organised this time.

If not the O2 then where would we like to see it? Also are we ready to go through the nervous scramble for tickets and then the booking of the sessions again? Hopefully no SeeTickets this time

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (17/1/2012 11:41:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greggieboy

About this time last year Empire printed the first advert for Big Screen with details of how to put a £10 deposit down to secure a Diamond Ticket.

Do we reckon in the issue out in about 10 days time there will be a similar advert? We know the dates of this years (Sep 14th), a month later due to the Olympics, but dont know where its being held. My guess it will be the O2 again, lets just hope its better organised this time.

If not the O2 then where would we like to see it? Also are we ready to go through the nervous scramble for tickets and then the booking of the sessions again? Hopefully no SeeTickets this time

Due to a massive cockup on my part I cant go to this years so instead will be offering Minnesotan tourist tat in exchange for any swag people can steal me...especially in relation to the hobbit!

Nimthiriel -> RE: Movie Con V (20/1/2012 5:00:09 PM)

Awwwwww looking very doubtful I'll get to go to Movie-Con this year. Being in my last term at uni and looking for a graduate job I have no idea what my future will hold.
Here's hoping something will allow me to go! Sob Sob.

tonethestone -> RE: Movie Con V (27/1/2012 3:59:12 PM)

looking fwd to going already, just booked room at premier inn excel, hol inn is already sold out that weekend.

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Movie Con V (28/1/2012 8:25:18 AM)

Well nothing in the new issue, remember someone saying it would be September because of Olympics, so maybe issue after?

Chris or Helen please confirm anything [:)]

Belmont101 -> RE: Movie Con V (29/1/2012 11:03:30 AM)

Hello everyone,

I'm down in London town between Friday 17th - Monday 20th February and wondering if anyone is free for a mini Forumite catch-up.

Having spoken to some of you on Twitter, it has been suggested that either Friday night or Saturday afternoon is best.

I am happy to do both since it would be good to see as many as possible.

Let me know and we can arrange a time and place (probably our usual haunt of the Captain's Cabin).

Might also be checking out Casablanca at the BFI and taking a trip to Hackney Picturehouse if anyone wants to tag a long.

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (30/1/2012 1:41:20 AM)

I've yet to see the illustrious Hackney PH, heard great things from corporate shills of course.

odddaze -> RE: Movie Con V (1/2/2012 10:52:17 AM)

https://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/index.php?page=booking_ng&tbx_site_id=5&perf_id=188529 Radcliffe is introducing this… Forumite meet up?

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (1/2/2012 11:47:30 PM)

It's a good film, couldn't sit through it again, not in a screen that size especially.

odddaze -> RE: Movie Con V (2/2/2012 4:04:28 PM)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/02/rory-did-next-arthur-darvill-sam-penguin/ Nice.

Y2Neildotcom -> RE: Movie Con V (7/2/2012 12:30:31 PM)

Nice indeed. Now what part am I going to play?

odddaze -> RE: Movie Con V (7/2/2012 12:42:00 PM)

Background extra found on cutting room floor?

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI