RE: Movie Con V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (19/10/2011 1:04:26 PM)

I watched The Lives of Others recently, being consistently 10 years behind everyone else. It was absolutely sublime. Tinker Tailor was immense too. Contagion on Friday!

I am just about to text my sister and offer to take my niece and nephew to see Puss in Boots. You know, out of the goodness of my heart. Ahem.

It feels good to post again! Everyone ready for Tintin?

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Movie Con V (21/10/2011 11:59:36 PM)

So many of the movies I enjoyed previewing are out soon... I remember fondly going into the Contagion booth set out like a dank hospital room to watch the trailer on the TVs and now I'm seeing it tomorrow... plus Tintin out soon after that cool footage, and bring on the Puss! [8D]

nvh1982 -> RE: Movie Con V (23/10/2011 10:09:13 PM)

Any forumites fancy a meet up round Manchester way?

MintyMurray -> RE: Movie Con V (25/10/2011 4:54:43 PM)

Just came back from an advanced preview of Tintin - one word - disappointing! It was not bad but not great either. Looking forward to the Ides of March tonight and Contagion tomorrow :)

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (26/10/2011 12:44:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nvh1982

Er YES and about time too! SamSolo might be up for it too I reckon (if she's not busy pushing).

Contagion was great, by the way, really well done. Nice to see the wonderful Jennifer Ehle making a splash stateside.

nvh1982 -> RE: Movie Con V (26/10/2011 11:25:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackmansgirl

quote:

ORIGINAL: nvh1982

Er YES and about time too! SamSolo might be up for it too I reckon (if she's not busy pushing).

Contagion was great, by the way, really well done. Nice to see the wonderful Jennifer Ehle making a splash stateside.

Yay,will have to sort out some dates [:)]

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (27/10/2011 9:31:54 AM)

It's forumite meet up time! We're going to have our first non-London based meet, as well as another catch up in the capital.

Your input would be greatly appreciated:

London Meet:
This time we're going to do a Saturday daytime meet, but realistically we'll probably run into the evening. We're looking at either Saturday 26th November OR Saturday 3rd December - shout if you'd like to come along and if there's either weekend you can't do. We'll go for the one most people can attend.

Non-London Meet:
We've got two location suggestions, Manchester or Birmingham - please let me know if you have a preference or can do either.
Again we'll do a Saturday daytime into evening meet. Suggested Saturdays in January 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th. Again, say if there are any of these you can't do.

Look forward to catching up with you soon!

GuitarGal_China -> RE: Movie Con V (27/10/2011 9:45:14 AM)

Hello!!
Would love to meet up on the 3rd December - so excited!

P.s. Many congrats again to MrsG, Beg, Buttercupkitty, Kesker and Ethanial for trouncing everyone at the Empire Jameson Apartment quiz last night [:D]

movieevangelist -> RE: Movie Con V (27/10/2011 12:08:42 PM)

The 3rd would be my preference, mainly as I'll have been paid so can afford the train or a car!

Also, good to see that something's going in for the non-London peeps. Possibly for later next year, could I put in a shout for something around Cambridge? There are a few of us forum types around here, and it's only 45 minutes on the train from London. Big up the East Anglia massive!

Beckymonster -> RE: Movie Con V (27/10/2011 3:42:49 PM)

I've mentioned this on Twitter but...  I can do either day - although I am planning to be in London town for 'Another Earth' at the BFI.

Suggested topic of conversation - how godsAWFUL 'Damsels In Distress' was.  I was having *such* a lovely festival experience up to that point! 

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (27/10/2011 9:09:49 PM)

I am in London on the 3rd but at a foodie festival thing. Nightmare.

I can do Manc or Birmingham on the 15th or 22nd January. The 15th would be my birthday weekend so I could 'make' Piccolo come too - not that he'd need much persuading!

columbia_13 -> RE: Movie Con V (28/10/2011 10:47:30 PM)

I would be up for a London meet up on either date (once I am definitely back in the country for it!)

ethanhunt -> RE: Movie Con V (29/10/2011 7:48:54 PM)

I can do Manchester in January :D

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (4/11/2011 8:55:41 AM)

Just to let you know that the London meet is confirmed for 3rd December. Any bright ideas for activities?

Still looking for input on Manchester/Birmingham dates for January.

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (4/11/2011 7:09:52 PM)

Last time that questions was bounced around I unwittingly said treasure hunt, oh how that was a foolish idea. I still have no clue where the 2000AD building is, you could show it to me for a year and I'd still be lost.

nvh1982 -> RE: Movie Con V (6/11/2011 1:56:54 PM)

Can't make London on 3rd as working :(, but can make any date in Jan except last Saturday as again working

TEFFH -> RE: Movie Con V (7/11/2011 5:48:30 PM)

Alas, I have a shift on the third, so neither myself nor my better half will be able to make it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: movieevangelist

The 3rd would be my preference, mainly as I'll have been paid so can afford the train or a car!

Also, good to see that something's going in for the non-London peeps. Possibly for later next year, could I put in a shout for something around Cambridge? There are a few of us forum types around here, and it's only 45 minutes on the train from London. Big up the East Anglia massive!

Repeating the bigging-up of the East Anglia Massive - particularly the Cambridge part (but I will always have a soft spot for Suffolk...)

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (9/11/2011 10:15:42 PM)

Another date for your diary, Saturday 17th December, Muppets Christmas Carol at the Prince Charles:

http://princecharlescinema.com/indexreview.php?display=633

Hurry, it's selling out fast!

There are at least 10 of us going already and two forumites also have birthdays that day!

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (9/11/2011 10:52:41 PM)

I can't begin to express my excitement for that film on the big screen.

tobyt -> RE: Movie Con V (10/11/2011 9:03:16 PM)

I'm up for the Manchester meet. Be great to meet those people that we were scared of speaking to at Movie Con IV

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Movie Con V (13/11/2011 8:38:17 AM)

I'd be up for Manchester, keep us posted [:)]

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Movie Con V (15/11/2011 4:34:43 PM)

Hello,

Just to let you know there's a separate meet that might happen on the 17th of December. I see some of you are going to the Muppets show, it would be an idea to combine the meets. We may as well expand the Empire meet society (plenty of secret handshakes, winks, nudges, pats on the back, exchanges of cash envelopes under the table, 'jobs for the boys' and general nepotism can ensue afterwards)...does it tickle anyone's pallet? I'm not sure if I can attend the meets next month seeing as I have to come from outside London, a bit of a pain. Still, if I can make it, I shall be active in sorting something out. Thanks to Greggieboy for making the suggestion firstly. Cheerio!

Christmas Meet London

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (17/11/2011 7:27:47 PM)

Right, not-London meet is looking like Saturday 14th January in Manchester. Any objections?

Emyr, thanks for extending the invite, I'm sure we'll be around pre-Muppets and will coordinate with you. Equally, please join us at the PCC!

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (20/11/2011 3:05:40 PM)

Manchester meet confirmed for Saturday 14th January. Just booked our train tickets and hotel, looking forward to it!

llama_again -> RE: Movie Con V (23/11/2011 2:53:38 PM)

http://sundance-london.com/

Have just booked tickets for this. Be warned, it's through See, but they seem to have really got their heads around the old 'booking multiple films at the O2' thing....

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (24/11/2011 12:58:03 PM)

I will be there! Can't wait!

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (24/11/2011 5:04:40 PM)

Sorry to barge in... I was looking at the Sundance London prices just now... 250 for the full package? Jeez!

Anyone have any idea what the "Sundance Inc Club" that's the "credentials" are for actually is?

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (24/11/2011 7:43:15 PM)

14 films for 250 is a joke, especially given the mixed quality of Sundance's annual catalogue, and any film festival for that matter. What a fail it seems.

DJ Rob C: Mark II! -> RE: Movie Con V (25/11/2011 6:55:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: buttercupkitty

Manchester meet confirmed for Saturday 14th January. Just booked our train tickets and hotel, looking forward to it!

Ooh that's in my range, let me know some more details and might try to be there [:)]

llama_again -> RE: Movie Con V (25/11/2011 3:09:54 PM)

Wow.

I bought the 10 film package - was 180 and you can take a friend for some or just watch 10 movies. 18 a film is reasonable enough for me, especially if there's other stuff going on.

Call me weird but with the amount of money people spend on gigs, football matches, etc but I think that's OK value...but then I enjoyed Immortals.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI