RE: Movie Con V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (29/8/2012 10:47:03 PM)

I don't want to think of a Movie Con in a world without an upcoming Twilight with clips to show.

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (31/8/2012 12:38:24 PM)

Awww don't worry - I'm sure they'll be rushing through that 150 Shades of Meh nonsense......

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (10/9/2012 8:14:06 AM)

I went to Movie Fest 2012 in Dublin over the weekend. Besides the films, there was lots of new footage on show from Iron Man 3, Wreck it Ralph, Epic, Life of Pi, Sessions, Byzantium and Rise of the Guardians. The highlights of the new footage was probably Wreck it Ralph and Iron Man 3. The films that showed in full were:

Paranorman
Stitches
Pitch Perfect
Premium Rush
Hit and Run
Looper

Looper and Paranorman were very, very good while the others were enjoyable.

A suitable substitute but I'd have preferred MovieCon 5 if I'd had the option.

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (12/9/2012 10:56:06 AM)

Well, in one way it's lucky that it's not this weekend - turns out the Jubilee line is shut. That would make it fun trying to get to the O2 (especially if you don't like heights!)

daveyhd -> RE: Movie Con V (13/9/2012 7:39:41 PM)

Who's getting what version of Avengers tomorrow?? Dunno whether to go collectors edition Blu, special edition, triple play, vanilla... or should i just go rogue and get The Dark Knight Returns Pt 1?!?!

Please help!!

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (14/9/2012 7:56:35 AM)

Don't you mean "Marvel Avengers Assemble" - catchy title or what. I'm sure there'll be a extended directors cut at some point so I'm going to hold off for a while. Likewise I'll wait for the inevitable special edition for The Dark Knight Returns. I really hope that they get the tone right for Miller's classic.

llama_again -> RE: Movie Con V (14/9/2012 9:19:38 AM)

I'm stood outside the O2 but it's oddly quiet. When is everyone else showing up......? SOOOOOOOO excited!

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (14/9/2012 11:55:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: llama_again

I'm stood outside the O2 but it's oddly quiet. When is everyone else showing up......? SOOOOOOOO excited!

Well, they solved the problem of the long queues then [:D]

Anyway, I have an uncancelable Travelodge booking, so will be cramming in a load of films this weekend. There's a festival on at the PCC so I will have to stand outside in the rain between films for old times sake!

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (14/9/2012 8:04:30 PM)

I was at the O2 today, saw some films at the Cineworld. The quality of guests were on par with last year...

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (15/9/2012 11:09:35 AM)

quote:

The quality of guests were on par with last year...

Ouch!

Greggieboy -> RE: Movie Con V (15/9/2012 1:18:39 PM)

On Wednesday night I went to a screening of Hope Springs, introduced by Angie Errigo (who reviewed the film in Empire), had a directors Q&A afterwards which included an old weird guy asking a question which made the director and Angie look horrified.

Oh and it started late and there was a long que to get in.

The full Movie Con experience right there.

daveyhd -> RE: Movie Con V (17/9/2012 8:08:49 PM)

Im assuming once part 2 is released there'll be a box set for Dark Knight Returns alright...gonna watch tomorrow though, see if its faithful to the book.

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanC

Don't you mean "Marvel Avengers Assemble" - catchy title or what. I'm sure there'll be a extended directors cut at some point so I'm going to hold off for a while. Likewise I'll wait for the inevitable special edition for The Dark Knight Returns. I really hope that they get the tone right for Miller's classic.

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (19/11/2012 8:00:16 AM)

I guess 2012 will be MovieConless. 2013 will be epic.

ethanhunt -> RE: Movie Con V (20/11/2012 12:12:05 PM)

I bloody hope so!

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (22/11/2012 10:23:47 AM)

We may not have had a 'Con this year, but I'm hoping this will brighten your day. For those of you who enjoy the social element of Movie-Con, I give you the Movie Geek Social:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1js8PPy2dnvJctnbAl8xQzonNoOmwPiVkPDtV9bcXmio/edit

Lots of forumites have already confirmed they're going, so hope to see lots of you there!

Anyone is welcome, so anything you can do to spread the word to fellow movie geeks would be much appreciated.

Golgothan -> RE: Movie Con V (12/12/2012 6:07:29 PM)

Is there anyone out there? I miss Con [:(]

Not back from Moscow til July now, but hope to be able to join in this stuff if it's still going when I get back!

TEFFH -> RE: Movie Con V (18/12/2012 2:08:20 PM)

Sorry for not responding to the e-mail (act of useless on my behalf). Myself and my better half would be attending, were it not for the imminent arrival of a small person in January.

I hope that all who are able to make it have fun.

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (31/12/2012 9:36:42 AM)

Hopefully the new year will bring news about the 2013 Movie Con/Big Screen.

2012 didnt feel the same without it....

petrolhead176 -> RE: Movie Con V (7/1/2013 6:58:45 PM)

Finally found my password [:)] Just wanted to say hi, even though I see you all on Twitter anyway! As we're officially into 2013 (and a bit) I've been reminiscing about the good ol' MC days - here's hoping there's something on this year...

Also, will be at the Movie Geek social on the 25th - see you all there [:D]

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (18/1/2013 12:52:36 PM)

Just a reminder that Movie Geek Social is next Friday (25th), look forward to seeing lots of you there:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1js8PPy2dnvJctnbAl8xQzonNoOmwPiVkPDtV9bcXmio/edit

MrsG -> RE: Movie Con V (29/1/2013 12:01:39 PM)

I just wanted to post a BIG thank you to buttercupkitty for organising the Movie Geek Social last week - it was very much appreciated!

I had a great time, despite drinking too much, and it was lovely to see some new faces alongside the more familiar ones. [:)]

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (14/3/2013 9:02:43 AM)

Ok, I'll be the one to ask the question.

Will there be an Empire Movie Con / Big Screen event this year?

Golgothan -> RE: Movie Con V (14/3/2013 11:14:59 AM)

That is so creepy.... I haven't logged into here for absolutely ages and I'm in work and got to thinking "it's around this time of year I'd start looking at booking leave/flights for Movie Con *sigh*" so decided to log in to ask the question.  But someone already has - today!

So, if you're up there Movie Gods/Superman/Mr. Hewitt - give us a sign.....

Y2Neildotcom -> RE: Movie Con V (11/4/2013 1:48:48 PM)

So we NEED a MovieCon before Kick-Ass 2 is released so we can get her down right? Am I right?

You know it.

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (11/4/2013 2:01:22 PM)

But Kick Ass 2 is out on 19th July... and don't you have a restraining order?

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (11/4/2013 8:25:14 PM)

You could always wait for Carrie so we could have Movie Con in the summer still...

columbia_13 -> RE: Movie Con V (11/4/2013 8:35:33 PM)

I hear she is hiring personal bodyguards as we speak.

Y2Neildotcom -> RE: Movie Con / Big Screen Discussion (12/4/2013 12:02:31 PM)

She's not been replying to my tweets, the fraidy-cat. She can hire all the help she wants, I WILL NEVER LOSE!

But seriously, I'm surprised how excited I am for Kick-Ass 2. I've started reading the books and am [SPOILER ALERT]rather disheartened to see what becomes of Jim Carey so early on.[/END SPOILER]

iansutts -> RE: Movie Con / Big Screen Discussion (22/4/2013 3:40:33 AM)

So....I'm assuming there has been no news/updates regarding Movie-con 2013? I have been travelling through South East Asia for the last 4 months and was hoping for some good news on my return!! Damn! Come on Empire just bring it back to the BFI if the O2 is booked out!

movieevangelist -> RE: Movie Con / Big Screen Discussion (2/5/2013 12:42:11 PM)

I can only presume, that given the lack of announcements at this point in time, we have to presume that Movie-Con / BIG SCREEN isn't happening again this year?

If that's the case, is it now time that we Forumites look to rise up and create our own event to fill the gaping void left in the third weekend in August? Maybe some form of kickstarter Movie-Con? Or a sort of retro Movie-Con, with trailers and movies from the Seventies or Eighties? Just something, anything!

#desperate

Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI