RE: Movie Con V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

piccolo135 -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:18:39 PM)

Rewind. He meant 'Comic-Con'.

andy2000x -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:33:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: piccolo135

Rewind. He meant 'Comic-Con'.

It's a good thing I saw this message first! This is exactly why I'm not on twitter.

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (30/6/2012 10:41:55 PM)

Has anyone actually heard anything about whether there will be anything put on???

I know See Tickets said they werent doing anything

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (2/7/2012 5:33:16 PM)

Forumites Assemble!

Movie-Con North*, aka @leewest82/Ethanhunt's birthday bash, will take place on Saturday 25th August in Stockton. Highlights include premiere-style screening of Die Hard, food, hotel frolics, forumite train, all your best buds and more!

More details to follow, but if you're interested, send me an email. If you don't have it, then PM me.

Save the date!

*this event is in no way affiliated with Movie-Con, Big Screen or Empire magazine...

Helen OHara -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 1:30:48 PM)

Afternoon all,

It's been brought to our attention that this is online: http://www.eventmagazine.co.uk/bulletin/eventnewsbulletin/article/1139331/empire-magazines-live-event-canned-2012/?DCMP=EMC-CONEventnewsbulletin

Just in case any of you happened to be reading Event magazine and got worried, let's be clear: the decision was taken not to do Empire Presents Big Screen at the O2 in the same format as last year - as I think you all already know. Since then we've been working - and continue to work - on putting something else together. For various reasons, including the Olympics and the general madness of London this year, that's still a work in progress. But when we have anything to announce y'all will be the first to know - I wish we had more to tell you right now.

buttercupkitty -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 3:46:20 PM)

Cheers Helen, the update is greatly appreciated, even if it's that there's no news at the moment.

MrsG -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 3:54:00 PM)

I'll echo those thoughts - thanks Helen. [:)]

Y2Neildotcom -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 3:54:40 PM)

Who reads Event Magazine?

heathrowboy -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 5:21:22 PM)

I'll be over here if anyone needs me...

Greggieboy -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 5:44:56 PM)

Cheers Helen, thats put a big smile on my face.

If it does go ahead I really hope its on the same dates as advertised on the Big Screen website as Ive already booked them off of work and trying to change holiday dates is unbelievably difficult.

Helen, Your A Star [:)]

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 7:36:05 PM)

Cheers Helen for the update :-)

I think we all thought it would be a difficult one to put on this year with the Olympics going on...

odddaze -> RE: Movie Con V (3/7/2012 11:22:58 PM)

Just to let you know, I'll be a man on the inside next month, work experience happening on the first week of Aug. Will try to sniff out any snippets I can... with all due permission of course,

Helen OHara -> RE: Movie Con V (4/7/2012 10:56:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greggieboy

Cheers Helen, thats put a big smile on my face.

If it does go ahead I really hope its on the same dates as advertised on the Big Screen website as Ive already booked them off of work and trying to change holiday dates is unbelievably difficult.

Helen, Your A Star [:)]

Greggie, I'm not sure that's likely unfortunately; it seems awfully soon now.

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (4/7/2012 7:15:47 PM)

It would be a shame to not have the movie con get together this year.

But personally speaking I would rather have Empire put together a great event next year than feel rushed it to putting something together this year which doesnt live up to previous events.

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (5/7/2012 1:08:44 PM)

I'll take anything.

I will do my utmost to make anything which means I get to sit watching film footage all day surrounded by the amazing forumites and Empire staff.

Bring it on (please)! [sm=51.gif]

piccolo135 -> RE: Movie Con V (5/7/2012 1:13:58 PM)

If you could possibly make it for the weekend of November 30th, and have all guests sing happy birthday to me, that'd be great, cheers.

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (5/7/2012 4:06:03 PM)

Thanks Helen for the update [:)]

The only problem for me is (being the cheapskate that I am) I booked non-refundable Travelodge rooms... [:(]

andy2000x -> RE: Movie Con V (5/7/2012 6:41:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: odddaze

Just to let you know, I'll be a man on the inside next month, work experience happening on the first week of Aug.

Congrats. Enjoy it, sir

quote:

Since then we've been working - and continue to work - on putting something else together

Thanks. Holding onto hope....

BethN21286 -> RE: Movie Con V (5/7/2012 9:29:34 PM)

As usual, the marvel girl-like Helen sweeps in to allay our fears of a con-deficit this year. I knew that Chris was just a puppet and she was the power behind the man with the mic.

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (6/7/2012 10:24:40 PM)

Sorry to hear about the travel lodge booking.....

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (8/7/2012 1:04:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Thorne

No worries really, i'll just have to play "how many films can I watch in three days" around Leicester Square instead!

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (9/7/2012 11:09:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MASH4077

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Thorne

No worries really, i'll just have to play "how many films can I watch in three days" around Leicester Square instead!

Well, that's gonna be one hell of an expensive weekend. Stupid London prices.

Andrew Thorne -> RE: Movie Con V (9/7/2012 7:28:31 PM)

You could always see whats on at the 02 super screen that was pretty good.

kiasan -> RE: Movie Con V (9/7/2012 8:07:17 PM)

YAAAAAAAAAY!

I wasn't gong to be able to make Moviecon for the first time ever due to a wedding! YAAAAAAY dates being moved!
I'm now doing a moviecon boogie :-)

Golgothan -> RE: Movie Con V (10/7/2012 8:13:34 PM)

I have to agree..... Going on holiday to the states meant I couldn't do the September dates..... Joins the boogie. (sorry Travelodge dude).

daveyhd -> RE: Movie Con V (11/7/2012 12:50:17 AM)

Wifey is pregnant, expecting our first little one end of November. This will in no way stop me from making Moviecon! ;)

Some of us are heading for 5/5 this year!! Seems soooo long ago!!

Belmont101 -> RE: Movie Con V (11/7/2012 10:37:35 AM)

Will keep my fingers crossed for an Empire event this year, always one of the highlights of the film calendar.

However I will be in London between 13th-16th September as I'd arranged travel arrangements earlier this year when I booked a holiday to NYC.

So if the Forumites still want to organise something in order to still have a meet up, I'm game... Even if it is just watching a movie somewhere followed by the much talked about visit to Lucky Voice for karaoke!

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (11/7/2012 1:46:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

Well, that's gonna be one hell of an expensive weekend. Stupid London prices.

Well, with the money that was going to be spent on the BigScreen ticket, I could *almost* afford a ticket to Odeon Leicester Square [:D]

Big_Pants -> RE: Movie Con V (11/7/2012 10:08:34 PM)

Oooh thanks for the update Helen. Yes I need to be 5/5. Just please do try not to clash with any other geeky events (Showmasters ones, I don't bother with the others). Thanking you kindly.

DanC -> RE: Movie Con V (12/7/2012 11:12:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: daveyhd

Wifey is pregnant, expecting our first little one end of November. This will in no way stop me from making Moviecon! ;)

Some of us are heading for 5/5 this year!! Seems soooo long ago!!

Congrats and best of luck for November. You'll be doing well to get some time off for a Moviecon event.

Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.152344E-02