RE: Movie Con V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (28/5/2012 10:39:40 AM)

New issue. Nothing again.

movieevangelist -> RE: Movie Con V (28/5/2012 10:27:40 PM)

Is it worth starting a fake floor plan at this point?

ethanhunt -> RE: Movie Con V (29/5/2012 12:15:40 PM)

Along with a fake schedule.

After reading about the tuna thing this morning, may I suggest we do it with fake films too...

This years star studded o2 Superscreen première with added pleb pen:

Debbie Gibson & Tiffany in Ultra Python vs Mega Tuna!!

andy2000x -> RE: Movie Con V (29/5/2012 7:46:39 PM)

Make sure you're there for "Danny Dyer In Perspective". A look back at the career of one of Britain's icons of modern cinema. With a Q&A and screening of his latest opus, "Smooth Criminals", an east end gangster film set in the not so innocent world of fruit juices.

ethanhunt -> RE: Movie Con V (30/5/2012 9:41:30 AM)

Does he play Derek 'Del' Monte?

Greggieboy -> RE: Movie Con V (1/6/2012 8:02:28 PM)

Zac Synder will be there to show clips from Superman and to appologise for EVERYTHING he has EVER done. If you can prove you paid to see 'Sucker Punch' at the cinema he will give you your money back. Fact.

Now a proper question; For the first 3 years when Movie Con was at the NFT, did BFI members get first dips on the tickets?? Just wondering, as they do seem to be leaving it a bit late this year to be in the O2 on the same scale as last year.

GuitarGal_China -> RE: Movie Con V (3/6/2012 3:06:28 PM)

No, unless you're a BFI Champion, you would get the tickets the same day as everyone else. I don't think anything is going to happen because with the Olympics happening in East London, it would just be a pain getting to the O2 every day.

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (6/6/2012 1:53:42 PM)

Glad to see they've sorted the ticketing out for this years Big Screen. Much easier and quicker than previous years!

[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/nclowe/20120604_232643.jpg[/image]

piccolo135 -> RE: Movie Con V (6/6/2012 3:42:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GuitarGal_China

No, unless you're a BFI Champion, you would get the tickets the same day as everyone else. I don't think anything is going to happen because with the Olympics happening in East London, it would just be a pain getting to the O2 every day.

I think its fair to say that something on the scale of Big Screen is now a definite no. Because otherwise we'd be seeing adverts for it by now regardless of when its on in the year. They'd need to drum up interest within a lengthy timeframe.

But I think a smaller event (like MC) is still a possibility for September or October, but I kind of expected to see something in the latest issue....I'd really just like them to say 'Yes something will be happening, but we are still organising', or 'No, not this year.'

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (6/6/2012 5:12:36 PM)

*Waiting*
[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/nclowe/GIFS/tumblr_ly4ryajGLn1qmkdggo1_250.gif[/image]

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (7/6/2012 12:51:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

Glad to see they've sorted the ticketing out for this years Big Screen. Much easier and quicker than previous years!

[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/nclowe/20120604_232643.jpg[/image]

I LOVE this!

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (7/6/2012 7:03:38 PM)

I feel sorry for this thread! This time last year all the cool kids were panicking on the Empire Forum but now we've all migrated to Twitter. *tumble weed rolls through*

andy2000x -> RE: Movie Con V (7/6/2012 7:34:06 PM)

quote:

But I think a smaller event (like MC) is still a possibility for September or October, but I kind of expected to see something in the latest issue....I'd really just like them to say 'Yes something will be happening, but we are still organising', or 'No, not this year.'

If only they had a podcast or something where they could address this at an earlier oppertunity than waiting for the next issue every month

vaxes -> RE: Movie Con V (8/6/2012 5:41:00 PM)

I like to think that see tickets is using this time to put its telephone staff through an intense bootcamp of how to answer phones and place ordered quickly & they are building a super sever ready for the mad rush to select events

BethN21286 -> RE: Movie Con V (9/6/2012 11:48:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaxes

I like to think that see tickets is using this time to put its telephone staff through an intense bootcamp of how to answer phones and place ordered quickly & they are building a super sever ready for the mad rush to select events

I like to think see tickets are crying in a corner because they've realised they are a sham and nobody likes them any more. Then i'd steal their blanky and laugh at them like Nelson Muntz. But hey, I don't hold grudges.

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (9/6/2012 9:01:24 PM)

BREAKING NEWS
SEE TICKETS DIRECTOR COMES CLEAN

[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/nclowe/GIFS/wink.gif[/image]

nclowe -> RE: Movie Con V (11/6/2012 11:13:19 AM)

Empire Forumites trying to get BFI IMAX tickets for The Dark Knight Rises....I SALUTE YOU!

I'm also having sympathy chest pains possibly bought on by a mild case of Movie Con III PTSD....or its heart burn. Either way, hope you make it!

MrsG -> RE: Movie Con V (11/6/2012 3:30:36 PM)

Yay for nclowe keeping the thread going!

I have decided to hide from the TDKR nightmares for a time. I managed to get close to booking a seat about two hours ago but then it failed on me. I'll keep trying like a little trooper...

MASH4077 -> RE: Movie Con V (12/6/2012 3:50:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nclowe

Empire Forumites trying to get BFI IMAX tickets for The Dark Knight Rises....I SALUTE YOU!

I'm also having sympathy chest pains possibly bought on by a mild case of Movie Con III PTSD....or its heart burn. Either way, hope you make it!

Not just BFI IMAX, the main BFI Southbank has been doing it's own tribute to SEE Tickets & the BigScreen experience.

They just switched over to a new ticketing system before the Anime weekend just gone, and their showing of Poppy Hill was delayed for half an hour... because they were having trouble issuing tickets (and apparently there were even long queues too). And nobody thought to actually tell all of us sitting in the screen waiting. And there was a last minute schedule change. In a couple of other screenings I was in, it seems they had also double-booked some seats.

Brings back memories, eh?

Oh dear. Just had a bad thought - the logical conclusion is surely that the BFI has farmed out their ticketing to SEE Tickets! [:(]

movieevangelist -> RE: Movie Con V (21/6/2012 10:34:33 PM)

For those that missed it, some of us were pining so much for the glory days of a ticket meltdown that we engaged in the BFI-flavoured disaster that was The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX a week last Monday. As some of us on Twitter had planned a get-together, I bought a number of additional tickets to help ensure that there were enough to go around, and in that mad panic I bought a lot of tickets and gave my bank manager a small heart attack. Thankfully for him, the general incompetence of the BFI booking system means I've only ended up with one too many.

So before I look at other options to dispose of it, I have one spare ticket to TDRK at 15:15 on Saturday 21st July, with a Forumite gathering organised and coordinated by ButtercupKitty (or @jamieandaston if you prefer) and a good number of Forumites spread throughout the audience. If you still fancy joining us, the bad news is that the spare seat is in C5, near both the front and the side, but you will get a cracking view of Batman's best bits. The good news is that the ticket is available at the cover price (£16.75) as I am a non-profit making organisation. Should you fancy just coming along and not seeing the film, I'm sure that would be fine too, and probably approximately £16.75 cheaper.

If anyone is interested, PM me or find me on Twitter before I look to give a homeless person the surprise of their life on the day.

Y2Neildotcom -> RE: Movie Con V (22/6/2012 2:57:48 PM)

Ok, OK...starting to get antsy now...

I've been bored at work for most of the day so was going through my tweet feed way back at all the @ mentions I've been in. Then I got to the Big Screen section and all the chatter/photos.

Those were some good times.

I miss you guys.

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (22/6/2012 7:46:24 PM)

We'll know nest week or so, if there's nadda in the next issue, we have to do it ourselves.

daveyhd -> RE: Movie Con V (24/6/2012 11:04:01 PM)

Have I missed anything??? I've been busy washing my eyeballs all weekend after seeing Abraham Lincoln; Vampire Hunter.

movieevangelist -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:55:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: movieevangelist

For those that missed it, some of us were pining so much for the glory days of a ticket meltdown that we engaged in the BFI-flavoured disaster that was The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX a week last Monday. As some of us on Twitter had planned a get-together, I bought a number of additional tickets to help ensure that there were enough to go around, and in that mad panic I bought a lot of tickets and gave my bank manager a small heart attack. Thankfully for him, the general incompetence of the BFI booking system means I've only ended up with one too many.

So before I look at other options to dispose of it, I have one spare ticket to TDRK at 15:15 on Saturday 21st July, with a Forumite gathering organised and coordinated by ButtercupKitty (or @jamieandaston if you prefer) and a good number of Forumites spread throughout the audience. If you still fancy joining us, the bad news is that the spare seat is in C5, near both the front and the side, but you will get a cracking view of Batman's best bits. The good news is that the ticket is available at the cover price (£16.75) as I am a non-profit making organisation. Should you fancy just coming along and not seeing the film, I'm sure that would be fine too, and probably approximately £16.75 cheaper.

If anyone is interested, PM me or find me on Twitter before I look to give a homeless person the surprise of their life on the day.

The ticket listed above has now gone - hope if you're going to the IMAX for TDKR, that you have a great time; if not, hopefully something will be announced soon for us all to get together.

lastremnants -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 10:41:41 AM)

New issue with Jeremy Renner cover just arrived, nothing mentioned again.

Ethanial -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 3:30:06 PM)

And with that, there's no way they can get something off the ground soon enough. We must band together to save the orphanage, Muppet theater, Average Joe's Gym from being taken over.

andy2000x -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 6:35:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ethanial

And with that, there's no way they can get something off the ground soon enough. We must band together to save the orphanage, Muppet theater, Average Joe's Gym from being taken over.

If you book them, they will come

piccolo135 -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:12:15 PM)

Chris Hewitt just tweeted, "The Con...is on."

jackmansgirl -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:12:52 PM)

Chris Hewitt just tweeted 'The Con is on'.

Where is everyone? I am having a heart attack!

darnoc1962 -> RE: Movie Con V (25/6/2012 7:17:50 PM)

its weird chris tweets that btoday ut nothing in the issue that subscribers get before anyone else tday

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI