Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

thetruth -> Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (14/8/2011 2:10:24 AM)

Too early?I think not,and better than the original films and deserving of credit as a stand alone film.
One of the few exceptional blockbusters of 2011.
A great story,and kudos to Serkis,but unlike Kong a lot more depth here that outweighs the effects.
This is literally all about the ape(s),and such fantastic emotion and feeling that is given to them.
Alltogether........No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORLEONE -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (14/8/2011 11:27:28 PM)

My favourite film of the year so far, and this guy is easily the character of 2011 thus far:

[image]http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Caesar%20Rise%20of%20the%20Planet%20of%20the%20Apes.jpg[/image]

thetruth -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (14/8/2011 11:33:48 PM)

That's a fantastic picture!

gggolem -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (15/8/2011 7:00:52 PM)

Went to see it yesterday. It's great, really. Cannot think of anything I didn't like about the film. Now, I'm not a big James Franco fan, but he's really starting to grow on me.Also, the apes were done brilliantly, they almost looked real! But the most important thing for me was the story, so so sad... It made me kinda happy though, since the film reminded us how animal laboratories really work and what they're all about: making profit while the animals suffer.

My overall cinema experience wasn't that great, though. As always, there we're people munching away their snacks and laughing in the most inappropriate times. And that's okay, since most of them were there because of James Franco and didn't care about trhe movie. BUT, when Caesar first said the word "No", A LOT of people just roared with laughter. Why, I have no f*cking idea...

thetruth -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (16/8/2011 12:11:27 AM)

Because idiots unfortunately get to go to the cinema!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (21/8/2011 8:19:12 PM)

Great great film.

Seen it again this week - so great to see a blockbuster based on character and not just flashy special effects (although the effects work is remarkable)

Don't think I have seen one bad review of it.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (21/8/2011 9:31:24 PM)

Saw this film just now. Wow !, quite easily my best experiance at the cinema all year. Caeser is my new hero, what a brilliant character. If your not rooting for the apes by the end you must have a heart of stone.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (21/8/2011 11:16:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gggolem

It made me kinda happy though, since the film reminded us how animal laboratories really work and what they're all about: making profit while the animals suffer.

Ever know someone who has been treated for a major illness or condition? Or have a friend who knows someone? I suspect the answer is yes. If so, chances are the medicine was tested on chimps first. It's all very well anthropomorphising the animals, but the serve a very specific purpose. This isn't cosmetics, this is actual life-changing science. Heck, the central gambit is around the attempt to find a cure for Alzheimers. That's a very real concern, and I think the film deals with it beautifully. It does show that, at the end of the day, these are businesses, but it shows those who actually care for the animals as caring. The monsters as depicted in the film are the ones that deal with the animals in the primate sanctuary. If anyone has a beef with the film, it's the people who actually do work in those places, as they come out somewhat villified in the film. It's a madhouse! A MAAADHOOOOUSE!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (22/8/2011 11:57:36 AM)

I think Caeser is the first main character of a film who is CGI and for whom I was totally invested. I wasn't thinking of him as a bunch of 1s and 0s. Yes, Gollum and Chris Johnston were also very impressive, but they didn't have to carry the film.

Amazing work.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (22/8/2011 12:25:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I think Caeser is the first main character of a film who is CGI and for whom I was totally invested. I wasn't thinking of him as a bunch of 1s and 0s. Yes, Gollum and Chris Johnston were also very impressive, but they didn't have to carry the film.

Amazing work.

Kudo's to WETA and Serkis, who now is officially the god of motion capture performance !

chambanzi -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (27/8/2011 12:15:59 AM)

Awesome film was highly impressed. Probably my favourite picture of 2011 so far. Huge fan of the original though (and I mean the original not the Tim Burton crap.)
This works best as a stand alone film though. 8/10 from me.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (27/8/2011 11:17:49 AM)

Not better than the original but (for me) on level with Escape from the Planet of the Apes.

thetruth -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (27/8/2011 12:15:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Not better than the original but (for me) on level with Escape from the Planet of the Apes.
Really???I thought it was far superior!Both great films though.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (27/8/2011 1:01:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thetruth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Really???I thought it was far superior!Both great films though.

The original is a solid masterpiece, Rise is a great summer blockbuster.

gggolem -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (27/8/2011 7:04:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Ever know someone who has been treated for a major illness or condition? Or have a friend who knows someone? I suspect the answer is yes. If so, chances are the medicine was tested on chimps first. It's all very well anthropomorphising the animals, but the serve a very specific purpose. This isn't cosmetics, this is actual life-changing science. Heck, the central gambit is around the attempt to find a cure for Alzheimers. That's a very real concern, and I think the film deals with it beautifully. It does show that, at the end of the day, these are businesses, but it shows those who actually care for the animals as caring. The monsters as depicted in the film are the ones that deal with the animals in the primate sanctuary. If anyone has a beef with the film, it's the people who actually do work in those places, as they come out somewhat villified in the film. It's a madhouse! A MAAADHOOOOUSE!

I was expecting something like this. Everybody knows people battling with serious illnesses, and it's not exactly nice. But that's not the point here. I HATE to see people suffer and die, especially young children, it's truly awful. But the thing I hate even more, is to see innocent animals being planted with horrible diseases and having their hearts cut out while they're still conscious, all in the name of science. Ever heard of vivisection? I suggest you look it up. Humans aren't humane when it comes to dealing with animals. We aren't superior, we just have hands.

Funnily enough, so do apes. It makes me sick to know what our "brothers and sisters" at the laboratories have to go through every single day just so that some "scientists" can pretend they're trying to find the cure for cancer and AIDS, when in reality all they do is hit, kick, strangle and curse at terrified animals. It makes me sick.

Spaldron -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (29/9/2011 1:24:00 AM)

Pimp this thread up a bit. Saw this today and can't say enough good things about it. Really hope there is a sequel as they set it up really nice, with the virus spreading amongst the humans and a future power struggle between Caesar and Koba.

DazDaMan -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (29/9/2011 1:00:12 PM)

Yep, top-notch entertainment.

Wasn't always entirely convinced by Caesar, though. Not sure why this is.

Plus, you don't get to see enough John Lithgow these days!

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (30/9/2011 11:39:09 AM)

I cannot wait to watch this film! Will comment after i've watched it...

Godspeed!

shool -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (6/12/2011 10:31:10 PM)

Finally got around to seeing this. Awesome film. One of the best of the year.
I agree with Girv that a CG character managed to carry the film entirely is massively impressive. I really hope this gets a worthy sequel as it sets up a really interesting piece.

Timon -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (7/12/2011 7:50:51 AM)

I was sold on the movie when I saw this awesome concept art.

[image]http://remingtons.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-concept-art-4.jpg[/image]

[image]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/116/1161176/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-20110414031323765_640w.jpg[/image]

Funkyrae -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (7/12/2011 9:01:53 AM)

While the art got me, I was sold on this in July the previous year when I found out my friend was going to be playing Buck. [:D]

shool -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (7/12/2011 9:20:57 AM)

That arkwork is Awesome. Caesar is awesome.

messiahtime -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (7/12/2011 11:36:56 AM)

Really good show for what it is, have watched it 3 or 4 times now, don't mean to pick holes, silly silly plot with holes as big as the Grand Canyon

Caesar made the show...

Sutty -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 7:05:07 AM)

watched this on blu ray last night and thought it was a very very good film. Was totally drawn in by Serkis's performance and the storyline was great. Loved Caesers character too.

What ploy holes you talking about messiahtime?

Sutty -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 7:10:14 AM)

although....

I did clock that the apes freed in the zoo in the park very quickly decided to pick up the fence railings and yield them as weapons. And they had not been exposed to alz113...

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 8:48:04 AM)

good movie! A blind buy for me but i seriously enjoyed it, great FX too. It's a little daft (and takes itself very seriously) but other than that, it's fun, and nice and short too.

UTB -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 1:17:42 PM)

Really enjoyed this (though the setup is Deep Blue Sea again). Great fx, superb action, and engaging.

Sutty -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 1:19:59 PM)

I just hope they live up to their promise of making the following two movies.

Whistler -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 4:34:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gggolem

...when Caesar first said the word "No", A LOT of people just roared with laughter. Why, I have no f*cking idea...

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. When I saw it I heard a few people tittering, but I couldn't figure out what there was to titter about. It's a defining moment in an huge cinematic franchise, and a bloody good one at that.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (28/12/2011 4:44:57 PM)

the 'problem' with that moment, is that it comes right after the line "get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!" Which whilst a great line to us and cool nod to the original movie, is a very cheesy line out of that context, which, let's face it, most of the audience would not get at all. They were probably just laughing at that line. I saw the movie with someone who laughed at that line so spoilt the Ceaser "No" moment [:@] (for them, i had already watched the movie)

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI