Justin Lin Ditches Highlander Remake (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Justin Lin Ditches Highlander Remake (12/8/2011 3:40:54 AM)

Post your comments on this article

zhongtti -> http://www.jordanforworld.com (12/8/2011 3:40:54 AM)

very good web,believe you will love it.

FREE SHIPPING,accept pyapal

discount including evisu jeans,watches shirts,bags,hat and the decorations

trust me!

Quickly snapping up right

dougtherugg -> Check your clans Empire!!! (12/8/2011 7:55:46 AM)

"has decided that he simply won’t have the time to bring the McCloud clan back to the big screen"

Who the F are the McCloud clan. Or is it a Starfox / Highlander crossover?? Set in space!!

empirebabe -> (12/8/2011 8:20:13 AM)

dougtherugg - don't get your panties in a wad! If you are not interested in the film Highlander - fine - but why bother commenting? Anyone who enjoyed the original movie knows when we first meet Christophe Lambert's character it is in the ancient Highlands of Scotland and he is called Connor McCloud of the clan McCloud. Simples!

JamesHare -> Makes a good point... (12/8/2011 9:50:07 AM)

I believe dougtherugg was actually making a very good point in that the writer of this rather mediocre 'article' has spelt the surname of the movies protagonist incorrectly. It should be MacLeod rather than McCloud, which is indeed from Starfox.

I doubt James White has even seen Highlander, maybe Empire should check the quality of their sources before posting, its a pretty poor piece of journalism.

bobthegrinch -> Melissa Rosenberg... (12/8/2011 11:58:00 AM)

should really be kept away from any project ever. The twilight films (i've only seen the first two like) are completely devoid of any character development. Every relationship in that film happens on screen simply because a character says it. Bella starts a new school, meets the kids and is instantly best friends pretty much because they say 'Are you new? We're your new best friends now' and then they are. All the relationships follow the same pattern 'We're in love now' 'We're like sisters now'.

Although I love Dexter, there's a host of other writers working on that and that has its ropey moments. The only reason the Twilight films succeed is because the books were a phenomenon and R Patts makes legions of teenage girls swoon. It's a mistake to equate her writing as a contributing factor to the films success and a mistake to allow her to work on her own on any script with money behind it.

gazpop -> RE: Melissa Rosenberg... (16/8/2011 1:49:53 PM)

I always google the MAC or Mc or whatever in question. It's someone's name and you owe it to them to get it right. But aside from that, for the writer of that piece do say the first film wasn't much cop, before admitting 'for some reason' it went on to have 4 sequels and 3 tv series smacks of, well, something. Something smelly. Brown and smelly. And decidely equine.

I found it to be a monumentally important film of not just that era, but every and all. The subject matter it deals with is poignant and heartfelt, the characters are larger than life, the plot gripping, the sets and panoramic use of Scotland is wonderful, the action scenes tense and exciting and the acting a cross between great supposrt work and lovingly hammed up by the main stars. Oh, and chuck in one of the gretest ever sound tracks, and I think you'll be left with something a little greater than the 'meh' we got from the, ahem, journalist above. But that's just me. And the millions of Highlander fans around the world. Ho hum.

Spaldron -> RE: Melissa Rosenberg... (16/8/2011 2:16:24 PM)

Duncan Jones should direct this.

gazpop -> RE: Melissa Rosenberg... (16/8/2011 4:43:25 PM)

Great shout Spaldo. Or Gareth Edwards even? Could Edgar Wright do the biz you reckon? I'd actualy like it to be a brit director, seeing as we have so many new and exciting ones around. Ayoadeyoadyoyo might not be a good choice though?

Spaldron -> Justin Lin Ditches Highlander Remake (16/8/2011 5:03:53 PM)

Not Edgar Wright, please not him! What about James McTeigue?

gazpop -> RE: Justin Lin Ditches Highlander Remake (16/8/2011 5:12:39 PM)

Forgive my stupidity. What's his track record like? Besides, I think Jones or Edwards could be the 2 best choices already (welsh boyos, kinda, well, not really, except Gareth Edwards...he can't be english can he?)

I just suggested Tim Burton for Red Dwarf on the Baker's Dozen site. You should pop over right now as there is a great question posted for fave ever in our dreams adaptations of any book, tv show etc etc and who you'd get to direct it. Interested to hear your suggestion. And you can't put in The Moomins, ok?

Spaldron -> RE: Justin Lin Ditches Highlander Remake (16/8/2011 5:21:24 PM)

Well I mentioned James McTeigue because of Ninja Assassin and how similar that movie is to the original Highlander in terms of story structure and sword based violence. [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI