First Look At Henry Cavill As Superman (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Look At Henry Cavill As Superman (4/8/2011 2:55:38 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Mort Grimm -> RE: Worried.. (4/8/2011 3:00:31 PM)

Can't agree with you there I'm afraid. Inception was one of the best thought out and executed films I've ever seen and made perfect sense within its own world. Nolans films are the best Batman movies for me- Burton's were too silly and we will not even speak of Batman and Robin. The Dark Knight needs to be dark and psychologically complex, like the best graphic novels.

hatebox -> RE: Worried.. (4/8/2011 3:01:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zpider242

..that Nolan is attached to this project at all. I thought his Batman movies were dull and Inception was a confusing mess.

Inception wasn't that confusing, you probably weren't paying enough attention.

But if it's any consolation Nolan's input will be minimal on this. I hear he's quite busy these days working on another film.

JIm R -> RE: (4/8/2011 3:06:50 PM)

Very promising. Looks awesome.

Rob -> RE: RE: (4/8/2011 3:08:26 PM)

Looks great. There's nothing there that I can complain about...except maybe too much hair! [:D]

kumar -> RE: Chris Isaak (4/8/2011 3:08:48 PM)

Im not too keen on the texture of the suit- I would have preferred a smoother appearance. And like Returns, im am against the emblem looking as if it was "stuck on" but I managed to look past it. Loving the look on his face and I love that cape!!

Edit: I take it all back- I love everything about it!

Drew_231 -> RE: RE: (4/8/2011 3:10:29 PM)

Interesting how you can tell straight away its a Zack Snyder film, just from the one shot. the colour scheme looks identical to Watchmen, 300, and Sucker Punch.
Early days though, but looks good

JIm R -> RE: RE: (4/8/2011 3:16:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob

Looks great. There's nothing there that I can complain about...except maybe too much hair! [:D]

That's what I was thinking, where's the curl ? [&o]

pete_traynor -> RE: Lex (4/8/2011 3:17:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: richard_wl1978

"Everyone has their little faults, mine's in California". Bring back Gene Hackman, he was great. I trust Nolan to get a good tone for the film but more than anything I think Superman should be full of awesome action scenes. Push the action to the max to make up for the pleasant but sluggis 'Superman Returns'

Unlike Returns you’ve got actual adversaries who are on his physical level, so this should not be a problem at all. I also predict it being left open ended with the introduction of Doomsday at some point in the final act... meaning lack of action being even less of a problem in the follow up.

Rob -> RE: RE: (4/8/2011 3:19:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

Good point! At least the logo's the right size. Any word from Darth Silas on this yet? [:D]

Mort Grimm -> RE: Make it Dark! (4/8/2011 3:19:57 PM)

You think so? I admit I've always wanted to see a darker version of Superman, but my reservation concerns his character. The question is how far to push him?

kumar -> RE: Lex (4/8/2011 3:20:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: richard_wl1978

"Everyone has their little faults, mine's in California". Bring back Gene Hackman, he was great. I trust Nolan to get a good tone for the film but more than anything I think Superman should be full of awesome action scenes. Push the action to the max to make up for the pleasant but sluggis 'Superman Returns'

Unlike Returns you’ve got actual adversaries who are on his physical level, so this should not be a problem at all. I also predict it being left open ended with the introduction of Doomsday at some point in the final act... meaning lack of action being even less of a problem in the follow up.

And then they can go even darker and edgier and more wrathful than the wrath of khan?

JIm R -> RE: RE: (4/8/2011 3:23:01 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

quote:

Good point! At least the logo's the right size. Any word from Darth Silas on this yet? [:D]

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Chris Isaak (4/8/2011 3:24:19 PM)

Agreed looks too similar to Captain America & Aquaman in texture also think the Blue should definetly pop more (OH GOD DID I JUST SAY THAT?[&o]) also something about the S maybe it's to do with 3D but it seems to stick out too much.

Spaldron -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 4:59:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rickreny

new "man of steel" pro's: I'm on board with caville, even though at 6 ft tall he is a bit short to be playing a 6'4" ish superman. Also, i am totally cool with the deletion of the the red undies, they always made him look stupid and gay anyways. The textured suit is a bit of a spider-man ripoff, and although the red tone looks good, the muted blues are unnecesarry with a character like superman, he is supposed to be a bright beacon of hope, with bright primary colors. I can go with a darker superman storyline, but superman himself must remain true to his character and look.

You are a prize knob.

pete_traynor -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 5:04:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

new "man of steel" pro's: I'm on board with caville, even though at 6 ft tall he is a bit short to be playing a 6'4" ish superman. Also, i am totally cool with the deletion of the the red undies, they always made him look stupid and gay anyways. The textured suit is a bit of a spider-man ripoff, and although the red tone looks good, the muted blues are unnecesarry with a character like superman, he is supposed to be a bright beacon of hope, with bright primary colors. I can go with a darker superman storyline, but superman himself must remain true to his character and look.

You are a prize knob.

[:D]

UTB -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 5:12:37 PM)

I think he looks friggin' awesome. 

Rob -> RE: Lookin good! (4/8/2011 5:26:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

I'm pleasantly surprised that the costume is very faithful to the classic look of Superman.I was expecting them to completely revamp the design to make it look more "futuristic".The size of the S Is suitably big and even though the colour scheme looks toned down,the suit looks fine.Can't tell if he's wearing the red shorts though that's not a deal breaker for me.Cavill looks like a seriously bad ass Supes in that shot and much more charismatic than the dull Routh.

Hang-on a minute we're in agreement re: Superman? Well apart form the bit about Routh! [:D][:D][:D]

I agree about Cavill looking like he means business. I think it's a great shot personally.

rickreny -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 5:55:24 PM)

Wow, i guess that is some sort of british insult, but the american translation sounds much better dickhead. If you were literate enough to express your grievances about my comment like a mature adult, my response may have been a bit more respectful. Why don't you comment on a movie about a famous british super-hero like uhhhh....hmmm....Captain britain. Oh wait, they dont have any famous british super-heroes. I think its tea-time gov'na, and dont forget to brush your teeth afterwards.

Edit -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q

I thought even America had now realised some words were unacceptable?

superdan -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:02:23 PM)

quote:

Wow, i guess that is some sort of british insult, but the american translation sounds much better dickhead. If you were literate enough to express your grievances about my comment like a mature adult, my response may have been a bit more respectful. Why don't you comment on a movie about a famous british super-hero like uhhhh....hmmm....Captain britain. Oh wait, they dont have any famous british super-heroes. I think its tea-time gov'na, and dont forget to brush your teeth afterwards.

Racist. Anyway, Blade was British wasn't he?

BatFan -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:04:08 PM)

quote:

lol are funny.

So far you've dropped a xenophobic and a homophobic comment. I'm anxiously waiting on your third hate crime *Grabs popcorn*

Edit - this word is not acceptable on this site

jmebaby25 -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:10:41 PM)

quote:

Actually, I thought it was quite witty.

He quoted you and emphasised (with bold) what he thought was ridiculous about your post. Namely that in one moment you were fine that they scrap the red pants, yet in the next are bemoaning the fact that they're failing to stay true to the "character and look" of Superman.

Spaldron gave you more credit than you deserve. He figured that the bold type was enough and that it wouldn't require explanation. Your response suggests otherwise.

BatFan -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:22:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmebaby25

quote:

Wow, i guess that is some sort of retarded british insult, but the american translation sounds much better dickhead. If you were literate enough to express your grievances about my comment like a mature adult, my response may have been a bit more respectful. Why don't you comment on a movie about a famous british super-hero like uhhhh....hmmm....Captain britain. Oh wait, they dont have any famous british super-heroes. I think its tea-time gov'na, and dont forget to brush your teeth afterwards.

He quoted you and emphasised (with bold) what he thought was ridiculous about your post. Namely that in one moment you were fine that they scrap the red pants, yet in the next are bemoaning the fact that they're failing to stay true to the "character and look" of Superman.

Spaldron gave you more credit than you deserve. He figured that the bold type was enough and that it wouldn't require explanation. Your response suggests otherwise.

In other words rickreny....

BOOM!... Sit the fuck down! Motherfucker!

Spaldron -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:27:57 PM)

quote:

It was also a bit of a response to his homophobia.

elab49 -> RE: cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:30:29 PM)

Which has been removed.

There is a difference between racism, xenophobia and plain rudeness - and most of this veers to the latter. Don't feed trolls and please don't fall into the trap of breaking rules yourself to bite back at them.

jmebaby25 -> RE: RE:cautiously intrigued (4/8/2011 6:42:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyberleader

jmebaby25 Chump. captain america was a US creation. If you want a Brit creation look to Judge Dredd or Dan Dare etc. Also WE created Watchmen. WE created The Killing Joke. hris Nolan was born HERE. I'm not at all anti the US. I love america. But I am against racism. And as for cup of tea govnor...GO CHOKE ON IT! For the last time WE'RE NOT ALL COCKNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ('cept a few in London)

Yeah, erm.. this confuses me a little.. the xenophobic, homophobic post wasn't by me... it was by rickreny.

BatFan -> RE: Bouffant on toast. (4/8/2011 6:53:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

and the cozzie sees to be a darker shade of blue...still with Nolan and Zack involved I'm quite pumped for this.

I think that's just the filter and lighting of the picture. Look at his skin, no-one is that colour. I'm guessing the costume will be more saturated in the actual film.

danbo1138 -> RE: Bouffant on toast. (4/8/2011 7:18:16 PM)

Hope so,but its not a terrible look,could have been a whole lot worse.

Tech_Noir -> Synder / Superman (4/8/2011 7:34:16 PM)

People need to remember that Synder is not a writer, Man of Steel is guaranteed to look great under his direction but story/script quality is down to the writers.

Mr Terrific -> RE: Synder / Superman (4/8/2011 7:37:22 PM)

Having problems with the third act apparently!

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI