Man Of Steel Moves Back to 2013 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Man Of Steel Moves Back to 2013 (22/7/2011 12:38:21 AM)

Post your comments on this article

JIm R -> RE: (22/7/2011 9:27:35 AM)

I got very excited then as Fassbender on for Luthor. Just for a second...... [:@]

Won't be true of course.

and we have to wait until 2013 ! [:@][:@][:@]

fuzzy -> RE: (22/7/2011 12:32:15 PM)

Boo hiss. Was looking forward to a year with all the big hitters on show - Spidey, Bats, Supes and the Avengers. That would have been quite a line up (probably never seen again).

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: RE: (22/7/2011 12:33:32 PM)

this means there is no excuse for the FX not being perfect

jobloffski -> RE: REAL REASON (22/7/2011 6:31:25 PM)

My Thoughts:

After the success of TDK, The Deathly Hallows part 1 was bumped to a later release date to help (in my imaginings at least) the financial figures for the next year.

This year, Warners have DH part 2 for kerching purposes, next year TDKR

So, this line of (admittedly surmised) reasoning leads me to suspect Warners are so certain of the big, big, money for TDKR, so they can actually afford to bump Superman to the next financial year, and focus on merciless promotion of TDKR, then ride that Nolan connection all the way to the bank in the following financial year.

Being in the financial position to do this AND not be competing for attention with your own film by having Batman in full flow and Superman promo material floating aroundin the same year of 2012 (in addition to Spidey and Avengers hype and release media focus) is good for warners, at a time when they have to be losing two franchises from the schedule (Potter and The Nolan Batman films) and need another behemoth to add to the slate. All they have to do re Superman is get it right, and that's what they'll have.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI