RE: Not the ending you wanted (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings

st3veebee -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (3/4/2012 2:04:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

I wasn't happy with the way The Neverending Story ended.

Definitely a misleading title.

Wyvenetta -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (3/4/2012 3:41:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

quote:

I wasn't happy with the way The Neverending Story ended.

Definitely a misleading title.

Its not misleading at all, we are a continuation of the story! I for one make a wish every night before bed!

I'm coming up to the end of the Bourne Identity book so I will give I am Legend a shot next.[:)]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 10:02:38 AM)

I Am Legend - my god! What a load of shit!

I'm a massive fan of Richard Matheson's novel, a masterpiece in my opinion. And in the film, to have the main character LIVE defeats the whole purpose of a title like I Am Legend! In the novel, the main character is the last human alive. The world is awash with vampires, and after holding out for a very long time, he's finally captured by the vampire police, and is executed. But before his demise, he utters the last lines : ''I am Legend''' stating the fact that humans will be no more, and he will pass into legend and myth, whom future vampired will talk about to their grandchildren.

So if Will Smith lives in the film, then please explain to me just HOW THE FUCK HE IS LEGEND?

What a load of shit![:@]

Spaldron -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 3:24:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

I'm a massive fan of Richard Matheson's novel, a masterpiece in my opinion. And in the film, to have the main character LIVE defeats the whole purpose of a title like I Am Legend! In the novel, the main character is the last human alive. The world is awash with vampires, and after holding out for a very long time, he's finally captured by the vampire police, and is executed. But before his demise, he utters the last lines : ''I am Legend''' stating the fact that humans will be no more, and he will pass into legend and myth, whom future vampired will talk about to their grandchildren.

So if Will Smith lives in the film, then please explain to me just HOW THE FUCK HE IS LEGEND?

But he dies. [8|]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 3:37:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

But he dies. [8|]

Does he? I better have a look! The DVD I bought had an alternate ending where he lives/dies. I'm pretty sure in the film he lives?!! Anyway, my point is still valid because even if he does die THE BOY AND THE WOMAN LIVE!!! So he isnt a freaking legend is he?

Still a crap ending!

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 3:40:30 PM)

My mistake, Robert Neville (Smith) dies, but like I said, it defeats the purpose of having a film titled I Am Legend! They should've changed the title to I Am Buggered! [:D]

Super Hans -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 4:16:42 PM)

quote:

My mistake, Robert Neville (Smith) dies, but like I said, it defeats the purpose of having a film titled I Am Legend! They should've changed the title to I Am Buggered! [:D]

Is that how he dies in the film then, buggered to death?[:D]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 5:36:26 PM)

quote:

quote:

Is that how he dies in the film then, buggered to death?[:D]

No, but it would have made for a way better ending than what was on offer! [:D]

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 6:36:43 PM)

In the film, his legend is the fact that they can make the cure from his blood.

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 7:25:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

In the film, his legend is the fact that they can make the cure from his blood.

I know. But its still a crap ending. Because if you think about it, if Neville's lasting legacy is cure for mankind from 'vampirism', then future generations will read about him as scientific fact, not Legend.

The whole point of the book's title is the fact that human kind is extinct, and Vampirism is the way of life. And a century later vampires will ask whether humans existed or not. They will talk about Robert Neville as a myth, was he the last human? If so who was he? Just as we talk about legends of past like Arthur and Robin Hood.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 8:49:09 PM)

Oh, I know that, I've read the book [:)]

Nexus Wookie -> RE: Not the ending you wanted (7/4/2012 8:58:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

Oh, I know that, I've read the book [:)]

Good on you mate! [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI