NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics

Spaldron -> NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 4:58:57 PM)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jul/04/milly-dowler-voicemail-hacked-news-of-world

ChickMagnet -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 5:38:22 PM)

Literally just tweeted about this, the previous hacking's well I could see that they were wrong, but it didn't bother me much, this however has me very pissed off. It's one thing to hack a celeb's phone to get a story, but to hack a missing schoolgirls and then delete some of the messages in the hope you get an even better story, there's got to be a huge lack of moral dignity there.

Spaldron -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 6:31:48 PM)

I wonder if Cameron will still be as supportive of Brooks now? Probably yes, he's in the pocket of Murdoch.

elab49 -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 6:36:17 PM)

I've just been listening to the lawyer on the news. It just seems so unbelievable that people are so ignorant and so desperate for a story that they don't consider the implications of deleting those messages and what it would do to an already terrified family.

I really hope this time they track down every person that allowed, OK'd and perpetrated this and hang them out to dry. This is beyond sick.

NadaPlissken -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 7:50:36 PM)

What a bunch of hideous, inhuman Jeremy Hunts this lot are.

bobatim -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 8:32:35 PM)

This is dreadful and beyond sick. Surely they can they done for perverting the course of justice?

superdan -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 8:49:10 PM)

I've been trying to get my head around this since I read it, because I just find it incredible that not only would someone be prepared to do a thing like this, they would also have to have the approval of their boss to do it too. It just goes to show how morally diseased some people in the media are. So busy 'doing their job' that they forget how to behave like a fucking human being. Lower than a snakes belly, absolute scumbags.

Sway -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 9:20:41 PM)

"The messages were deleted by journalists in the first few days after Milly's disappearance in order to free up space for more messages. As a result friends and relatives of Milly concluded wrongly that she might still be alive."

My mind actually reels from these lines in the article.   I hope everybody who was involved in this absolutely disgusting affair gets exactly what they deserve and that NOTW is utterly destroyed.   It's just the sickening 'decisiveness' of the journalists.  'Right, well we need space for more messages (read: our news story) here, so we'll delete old ones. Simples'

Pigs.

Super Hans -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 9:42:44 PM)

Words escape me really - if that's true I really do hope it's the end for News of the World.

gunstar -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 10:08:59 PM)

The wrongness of this is just beyond belief. Morally bankrupt fuckers.

Skiba -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 10:19:58 PM)

Journalism died a little bit more today but that's giving the NOTW far too much credit by calling their employee's journalists...that worthless rag sells more copies than you would believe each week

Fake sheikhs, royal stings and their absolutely shoddy football writers who can say anything they like without any come back of legitimacy, and now this...bury the fucking thing

Super Hans -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (4/7/2011 10:47:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Journalism died a little bit more today but that's giving the NOTW far too much credit by calling their employee's journalists...that worthless rag sells more copies than you would believe each week

Fake sheikhs, royal stings and their absolutely shoddy football writers who can say anything they like without any come back of legitimacy, and now this...bury the fucking thing

Indeed - I believe it's the most widely read Sunday paper by a coutry mile.  Never ceases to amaze me.

Spaldron -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 12:00:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Indeed - I believe it's the most widely read Sunday paper by a coutry mile.  Never ceases to amaze me.

It's not your fault there are millions of idiots in this country.

bub -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 1:09:58 AM)

Considering this pathetic excuse for a newspaper sees itself as some sort of moral guardian to our children against pedophiles, violent games/movies etc it really shows what a vile bunch of hypocritical cunts they are.

MonsterCat -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 1:34:40 AM)

Such an irresponsible and dumb fuck move on NOTW's part.

Still that newspaper isn't a completely useless piece of trash: it's great for lining cat litter trays and soaking up dog piss.

Rebenectomy -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 9:03:46 AM)

Hit 'em where it hurts http://www.pint.org.uk/notw.html

Spaldron -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 9:09:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Hit 'em where it hurts http://www.pint.org.uk/notw.html

Hell Yeah!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 9:42:21 AM)

The newspapers are the worst. When someone else messes up, be it an MP or a footballer, they are leading the charge with the pitchforks. When it is shown how scummy their own kind can be...it all gets covered up, assurances are given and it is expected nothing else need happen.

And whats the betting this will be reported on by News International in a big way?

Spaldron -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 9:52:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The newspapers are the worst. When someone else messes up, be it an MP or a footballer, they are leading the charge with the pitchforks. When it is shown how scummy their own kind can be...it all gets covered up, assurances are given and it is expected nothing else need happen.

And whats the betting this will be reported on by News International in a big way?

Cameron says he is appalled. Aye right and do you think Rebekah Brooks will be invited round for dinner again?

elab49 -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 10:20:01 AM)

She could pop across from that paid reception BSkyB had at the Foreign Office with Hague fronting for them that was nicely timed for the very difficult hard thought decision to give Murdoch what he wanted. [8|]

The Hooded Man -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 10:25:53 AM)

Surely there'll be prosecutions.

sanchia -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 10:28:20 AM)

When celebrities were being hacked the readership probably didn't care. Hopefully they have the decency to be disgusted by these actions and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket, by refusing to buy such a hideous rag,

Spaldron -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 11:14:23 AM)

Ed Millibean has, in his usual chicken shit way, skipped around the issue of Brooks and Murdoch. The beeb reporter asked him like 5 times about whether she should be sacked and he basically gave the 'politicians non-answer'.

Sway -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 11:30:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Ed Millibean has, in his usual chicken shit way, skipped around the issue of Brooks and Murdoch. The beeb reporter asked him like 5 times about whether she should be sacked and he basically said "these strikes are wrong".

^ Is what I half expected your post to end in there.

elab49 -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 11:32:37 AM)

I think he said she should consider her position?

quote:

But questioned on whether the latest developments would affect the bid by the News of the World's parent company News Corporation to take a majority stake in BSkyB, Mr Cameron said he would not intervene as that was a decision being taken by Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt.

Never miss a chance to put distance between yourself and that decision, eh Davey boy? [8|]

Skiba -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 11:44:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

When celebrities were being hacked the readership probably didn't care. Hopefully they have the decency to be disgusted by these actions and hit them where it hurts, in the pocket, by refusing to buy such a hideous rag,

I think you're right...the majority of their readership have extremely reactionary views when it comes to children

Sway -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 11:58:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I think you're right...the majority of their readership have extremely reactionary views when it comes to children

I could be wrong here, because I've not really paid attention to the celebrity cases (which proves Sanchia's point!), but surely the big difference here isn't simply that this time it's a child, but that journalists tampered with potential evidence in (at that point) a life or death situation which then led to the parent's of a missing girl being given false hope.   As far as I'm aware the involvement with celebrities had nothing to do with life or death......  Which explains the non-reactionary views with regards to those cases?

elab49 -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 12:07:47 PM)

And they'd have equally reactionary views on law and order fortunately. [:)]

horribleives -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 12:31:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

And they'd have equally reactionary views on law and order fortunately. [:)]

True but I reckon all it would take was for the paper to publicly address the issue and roundly condemn the 'previous employees' responsible and their average moronic reader would forgive them in a heartbeat. Sadly, I can't see their sales dropping too drastically.

Rebenectomy -> RE: NOTW Hacked Milly Dowler's Phone (5/7/2011 12:45:38 PM)

Transcripts from Huge Grant's conversation with a NOW whistle blower re: phone hacking from earlier this year. Probably due to lack of concrete record keeping (it's one man's recorded musings) this wasn't made a bigger deal at the time, but it mentions lots of celebrity coverage, with a few lines alluding to phone hacking of the parents of the murdered girls in Soham. Amzing the distinction made between celebs right to privacy by the pap:

http://www.newstatesman.com/newspapers/2011/04/phone-yeah-cameron-murdoch

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI