The A To Z Of Michael Bay (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The A To Z Of Michael Bay (1/7/2011 4:29:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Spaldron -> RE: Thats one uplifting Gift (2/7/2011 4:32:05 AM)

Really disappointed Empire. M should have stood for Misogynistic and R should have been Racist Robots. S could have been Shitty Director and L should have been Leery.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Thats one uplifting Gift (2/7/2011 11:00:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Really disappointed Empire. M should have stood for Misogynistic and R should have been Racist Robots. S could have been Shitty Director and L should have been Leery.

And F really should have been - ahem - "Fruitcaking" the frame

Spaldron -> RE: (4/7/2011 1:31:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JensonJet

I don't know why people have a problem with Bay's films. You know what you're getting, so surely you just avoid them if they're not for you. They're generally excellent popcorn, action flicks.

There are some I didn't care for, some I though were rubbish and some I thought were really good.

Transformers isn't aimed at my age group, so I watched the first (missed the first twenty minutes, and still have never seen it) and found it watchable enough. I was too old to have grown up with the toys but I didn't find the movie half as offensive as many action films.

I actually think Bay have a very good eye for framing shots, angles, etc, and I'm happy to watch a film that's fast-edited. I think he's more than capable of making a calmer, less action orientated movie, but he enjoys making the films he makes, they're successful and millions seem to enjoy his work, so long may it continue.

Films are generally a dumb, throwaway form of entertainment. Bay understands this. If you don't like what he's done in the past, or don't like the sound of a movie he's making, do yourself a favour and ignore it... as you would with any film you're convinced you will hate.

Movies are simply not an 'art form' that have much quality to them. The real problems lies with scripts and 'actors'. The directors do their best to make crap acting and scripts entertaining, and for the most part they do a pretty good job.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt until your last two paragraphs. What a colossally stupid, utterly wretched, dumbc**t, face f***ing statement!

quote:

Films are generally a dumb, throwaway form of entertainment.

Then why the f**k are you even here if you take such a pig ignorant view on cinema? I dare you I double dare you motherf***er to back up your piece of crap opinion with some good solid facts about how cinema is dumb and throwaway because I have a shitload of stuff to throw at you to prove how wrong you are sir!

Vous idiot!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
5.859375E-02