Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:06:38 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Rgirvan44 -> RE: (28/6/2011 12:08:13 PM)

*Puts goggles on*

Shit just got real.

Scott_ -> RE: Reviewer is an idiot (28/6/2011 12:16:59 PM)

Haha. It begins...

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Reviewer is an idiot (28/6/2011 12:27:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalan15

Wait a second, it's an improvement over revenge of the fallen, which you gave 3 stars, but for some reason you give this one 2 stars? Makes no sense, The movie was outstanding by the way, I need to spread the word because Bay haters like this reviewer are going to bad mouth the movie anyway, the 3D was amazing, better than avatar

Revenge of the Fallen was reviewed by another Empire writer.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:31:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MoBiUGeArSkIn

OMG! OPINIONS!

"I don't know who to believe!"

Believe yourself. Tickets booked.

What has belief got to do with it? The other two movies should clue you into what this is kinda going to be like. Whether you listen to reviews or not is up to you. Belief has nothing to do with it.

MoBiUGeArSkIn -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:36:28 PM)

Really? What the fuck is that?

Because I loved the first one, pretty much loathed the second one, and at this point I believe, from what I've seen, I'll enjoy this like the former.

I'm not going to write something off because someone says I should.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:37:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jrewing1000

"An improvement on Transformers 2" yet this film is one star less?? Doesn't make sense. Empire's star system seems to be out of whack.

Different reviewers.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:38:28 PM)

quote:

Really? What the fuck is that?

Because I loved the first one, pretty much loathed the second one, and at this point I believe, from what I've seen, I'll enjoy this like the former.

I'm not going to write something off because someone says I should.

It was just an odd turn of phrase is all.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Reviewer is an idiot (28/6/2011 12:41:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalan15

Wait a second, it's an improvement over revenge of the fallen, which you gave 3 stars, but for some reason you give this one 2 stars? Makes no sense, The movie was outstanding by the way, I need to spread the word because Bay haters like this reviewer are going to bad mouth the movie anyway, the 3D was amazing, better than avatar

One reviewer gave Transformers 2 three stars, another reviewer gave this two stars.  Get it?

It probably will be a two star film, more of the same with spectacular action, and a hot looking chick who can't act.  Thursday for me.

jrewing1000 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:41:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

"An improvement on Transformers 2" yet this film is one star less?? Doesn't make sense. Empire's star system seems to be out of whack.

Different reviewers.

So what? Surely the ratings should be consistent for the magazine as a whole??

shool -> RE: Tru dat. (28/6/2011 12:41:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adambatman82

My regards go out to the mods right now. It's going to be a tough few days. Stay strong.

[image]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgbjamtiVV1qf8yek.gif[/image]

Bring it!

MoBiUGeArSkIn -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:43:43 PM)

It's not really. End of the day, if you're going to base your opinion on something it might as well be your own. Or, at the very least, a consensus.

This thread is going to descend into something soon enough.

I just hope Chris Hewitt realises he's about to get his ass kicked by Jason Statham, over the insulting of his fancy piece.

Prepdare to be Transported, Chris. Transported somewhere... painful.

horribleives -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:43:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Every time.

Anyway, the film - I reckon when I see it I'll probably agree with everything Chris Hewitt said but what the hell, it sounds worth it for the 3D carnage.

Angelus -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:44:55 PM)

Revenge of the Fallen was utter crap, but I'm still tempted to see this one.

horribleives -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:45:10 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:46:15 PM)

quote:

It's not really. End of the day, if you're going to base your opinion on something it might as well be your own. Or, at the very least, a consensus.

I just hope Chris Hewitt realises he's about to get his ass kicked by Jason Statham, over the insulting of his fancy piece.

Oh yeah, I forgot she was dating Chev.

Oh dear. Oh very dear Chris.

shool -> RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? (28/6/2011 12:47:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

The icing on the cake has to be that this is better than part 2, but recieves less stars?????

Again!

Different Reviewers.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (28/6/2011 12:47:44 PM)

quote:

Because he'd get a woman like that if he wasn't famous [:)]

elab49 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:48:16 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Empire have made clear that they don't review by committee - you get the informed opinion of the person doing the review. Different reviewers might not agree.

This isn't a one-man show and there are no diktats that only one view should reign over all - and the contribution of different voices with different views has always been part of the magazine, even doing articles and those films where individual writers are out of line with others or their personal 'not seen' shame. It was the very basis of the movie trial pieces.  IMO this is a very good thing.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? (28/6/2011 12:50:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

TransFormers the TV show was about transforming robots beating the crap out of each other, with little or no plot on several occasions. The film pretty much the same. Were Empire going in to any of the TransFormer films expecting oscar winning material? Then obviously you are going to be disappointed. I know a few people that have seen the film now and they have come out pleased and have enjoyed the Bayhem. So far this year I have been more than disappointed with Empires reviews to date. The icing on the cake has to be that this is better than part 2, but recieves less stars????? Also it is a million times better than Avatar and you gave that stinking pile of blue crap 5 stars! Get your reviewers sorted out! If your reviews were made into a film then you would be the first to complain about all the continuity errors!

Avatar is great - pisses all over Transformers 1 and 2.  I haven't agreed with many of Empire's reviews this year either, Scream 4 (better) Mother's Day (total crap) just for example.  But they're just opinions...

tommypocket -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:51:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

You come here for Empire's opinion, not Chris Hewitt's, Kim Newman's or Helen O'Hara's... therefore these reviewers speak for the magazine - no player is bigger than the club!

Personally, I'm not taking issue with the review or even the rating - but for those complaining above that different reviewers should negate consistancy, that's big metal balls...

elab49 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:54:31 PM)

No it's not. Empire have stated how they work - if you don't like it, then that's fair enough. But that's how it is. Empire employ professional writers for informed opinions. They don't send a group mob-handed for an agreed review. This is why film and DVD releases may have different reviews - it is part of how this magazine works. I'd be surprised if it was any different anywhere else - surely Total Film or Sight and Sound don't send every writer plus editor to every press screening so they can agree a single view? That'd be ludicrous.

It also presumes that one person also holds the same opinion of a film forever - surely all of us know our own views of films can change on rewatches and in different contexts?

tommypocket -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:55:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Empire have made clear that they don't review by committee - you get the informed opinion of the person doing the review. Different reviewers might not agree.

This isn't a one-man show and there are no diktats that only one view should reign over all - and the contribution of different voices with different views has always been part of the magazine, even doing articles and those films where individual writers are out of line with others or their personal 'not seen' shame. It was the very basis of the movie trial pieces.  IMO this is a very good thing.

Nice - good point... I like this 'team' element of Empire too.

I think everyone's beef is that in 5 years time you'll see:

Transformers - ****
Revenge of the Fallen - ***
Dark of the Moon - **

...and think 'so the third one's the worst right?'

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:56:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

How exactly?

You come here for Empire's opinion, not Chris Hewitt's, Kim Newman's or Helen O'Hara's... therefore these reviewers speak for the magazine - no player is bigger than the club!

Personally, I'm not taking issue with the review or even the rating - but for those complaining above that different reviewers should negate consistancy, that's big metal balls...

How is it big metal balls? Empire is not Cthulhu - it is not one entity - they are different reviews. Why is this so hard to grasp?

shool -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:56:46 PM)

Plus its only a star rating, which is only meant as a guideline. If you want a detailed review read the article which clearly states the reviewers view of the film.

Dirk Miggler -> RE: What were you expecting you idiot??? (28/6/2011 12:57:32 PM)

No issues with this review seems genuine and most of all to the point which films like this need, no point in the reviewer getting carried away it obviously is a turd and clearly its not Mr Hanky the Christmas Poo, it aint gonna start talking and give us a "message" !!

elab49 -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 12:58:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

quote:

quote:

Different reviewers.

Nice - good point... I like this 'team' element of Empire too.

I think everyone's beef is that in 5 years time you'll see:

Transformers - ****
Revenge of the Fallen - ***
Dark of the Moon - **

...and think 'so the third one's the worst right?'

It does look odd, doesn't it? [:D]

But then, I'd have them all at 1 star so at least I'm not the one reviewing!

jcthefirst -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 1:00:14 PM)

Ok, so it's terrible, but is it well made?

Chris Hewitt is clearly unable to judge the quality of the film.

[:D]

shool -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 1:02:21 PM)

Well the effects are good, action good but the story and plot are crap. Make of that what you will.

Adambatman - are you going to post your review in here?

jcthefirst -> RE: Your star ratings are screwed (28/6/2011 1:05:55 PM)

quote:

Empire is not Cthulhu - it is not one entity - they are different reviews.

Nice.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI