Jamie Foxx In Talks For Django Unchained (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jamie Foxx In Talks For Django Unchained (23/6/2011 1:10:09 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Whistler -> RE: Yeah... (23/6/2011 10:51:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

...cue Tarantino 'borrowing' yet more music from Ennio Morricone. And then saying it's an 'homage' to spaghetti westerns even though it'll be nothing but a couple of characters waffling s**t to each other.

Whoa, you really hate Tarantino don't you?

evildave69 -> Too soon to tell. (23/6/2011 1:37:05 PM)

I don't think Elba needs discovering, or rediscovering for that matter. He's an actor who is really on his way up. He'll have plenty of time to work with Tarantino in the future and I can really see it happening. As for Foxx in this part, some may say he's too flashy but he's not going to be playing himself is he. He's an actor for crying out loud. It's his job not to play himself! Or am I stating the obvious? He was really good in Ray and brilliant (not to mention very unflashy) in The Soloist. Give the man a chance. I'm not even a massive fan of his but I am a fan of Tarantino and I feel in his hands we could see a new side to Foxx

Whistler -> RE: Too soon to tell. (23/6/2011 2:39:03 PM)

@evildave69  Perhaps 'discovered' was the wrong word.  I'm not saying Elba hasn't done anything substantial to date, because he has, I just don't think he's as recognized as he should be - because he's a great actor.  Working with Tarantino is the kind of job that I think would really show people what he can do (look what he did with Christoph Waltz).  And yes, I agree that Foxx was very good in Ray (haven't seen The Soloist), but I'm not trying to condemn him.  I'm sure he will do a good job, I just think Elba would've been a better fit for the part.  But I guess, as you say, it is too soon to tell.

evildave69 -> RE: Too soon to tell. (23/6/2011 2:57:50 PM)

Too true. Elba was of course, absolutely supreme in The Wire and he deserves as much recognition as possible. You're probablt right in saying the part would be suited to him more but lets be honest, this all pure speculation. As of yet we really have very little idea what the part is. With hindsight pointed towards Tarantino's past work we can only guess. It could've made a huge star of Elba (although I feel that's on its way anyway), but I'm more excited about how it could show us a new side to Foxx.

swordsandsandals -> RE: Please no (23/6/2011 8:44:58 PM)

My problem with knowing the ins and outs of casting decisions is that now everyone is going to compare his performance to what Will Smith's might have been, and we know that he wasn't first choice.

LSJShez -> (25/6/2011 2:07:12 PM)

He ought to give it to Don Cheadle. He's cool enough, doesn't try and hog the stage and knows how to work in an ensemble.

LSJShez -> (25/6/2011 2:07:14 PM)

He ought to give it to Don Cheadle. He's cool enough, doesn't try and hog the stage and knows how to work in an ensemble.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02