Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 7:25:40 AM)

Post your comments on this article

BenTramer -> The Hershey Highway (20/6/2011 7:25:40 AM)

She looks like a young Barbara Hershey in that photo.

crazymoviesdude -> (20/6/2011 8:05:32 AM)

I'm so happy Barry's gonna be in it. I hope he's recognisable under all the CGI.

xzynomorpher -> RE: (20/6/2011 8:56:56 AM)

First Charlie and now Kate!

Seems to be a very Lostie friendly universe they're establishing[:D]

*And yes, I know he wasn't Charlie yet, but still...

Old_Pyrate -> CGI Goblins? (20/6/2011 10:29:16 AM)

It's a shame they're going down the CGI route for goblins (or at least this character). The costume and make up goblins in LoTR were fantastic, so this seems like a backwards step to me. I remember when Guillermo was set to direct, he said he wanted less CGI and more animatronic stuff. Look's like Jackson has ditched this approach.

Alistair -> (20/6/2011 10:56:00 AM)

This can't be right. She's never been on the BBC!

QuietLife -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 10:58:04 AM)

I don't care who she's playing, if she's in it I'm watching it... [:)][;)][:D]

MonsterCat -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 12:40:12 PM)

OK, one of the least sexiest franchises in movie history just got a little bit sexier.

Apart from that one scene in The Hurt Locker has she done anything outside of Lost?

elab49 -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 1:16:18 PM)

I thought she'd decided not to start acting?

Um, I mean, 'continue'. [8|]

MonsterCat -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 1:44:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Saucer of milk for Elab, please. [:D]

elab49 -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 1:45:19 PM)

[:D]

ErisLovesMovies -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 2:06:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

[:D] Brilliant!

aye_min -> It's all about who you know (20/6/2011 2:10:42 PM)

Didn't she used to go out with the guy who played Merry? Interesting...

danbo1138 -> Goblin King... (20/6/2011 5:10:12 PM)

Needs a Les Paterson flava...

Whistler -> (20/6/2011 5:42:44 PM)

Not only is she a good actress, she's smokin' too. She also kind of looks like Liv Tyler so her casting as an elf is perfect.

crazymoviesdude -> (20/6/2011 6:03:56 PM)

Is she not a little short? No matter, I guess.

Knight of Fury -> Why? (20/6/2011 6:14:33 PM)

Do we really need extra characters in this? Does Jackson think that 13 Dwarves, a Wizard and a Hobbit plus sundry other characters (many of whom plucked from other Middle Earth books) is simply not enough for a big popcorn movie? Come on man........

Knight of Fury -> Saying that (20/6/2011 6:15:11 PM)

Delighted that Barry's playing the Goblin King

Fit Kisto -> RE: Saying that (20/6/2011 7:53:01 PM)

Stephen Fry and now Barry Humphries, it feels just a bit like they're casting the first $500 million budget BBC panel show.

Sphinx -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (20/6/2011 8:29:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

OK, one of the least sexiest franchises in movie history just got a little bit sexier.

Apart from that one scene in The Hurt Locker has she done anything outside of Lost?

Are we talking presently or from previous films? Viggo, Sean (bean), Keith, Cate, Liv - Sod Orlando! -  It's like an epic calander!![:D][:D]

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Why? (21/6/2011 12:53:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knight of Fury

Do we really need extra characters in this? Does Jackson think that 13 Dwarves, a Wizard and a Hobbit plus sundry other characters (many of whom plucked from other Middle Earth books) is simply not enough for a big popcorn movie? Come on man........

Well, perhaps they needed some extra characters for the second film, which is bridging the gap between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.

IMac -> Great! (21/6/2011 1:37:42 AM)

I think Barry Humphries is inspired casting! Can't wait to see the Goblin King in his lair! :-)... Evangeline Lilly is also a great choice for an elf maiden...I am really, really looking forward to the Hobbit films!

Knight of Fury -> RE: Why? (21/6/2011 8:31:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

Well, perhaps they needed some extra characters for the second film, which is bridging the gap between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.

It has already been stated that the second film will not now be abridge between the two stories.

superdan -> RE: Why? (21/6/2011 8:38:19 PM)

One of the things I genuinely disliked about the Lord Of The Rings films was the extra, superfluous crap Jackson chucked in, presumably because he felt no story can exist without a love interest and so-on. I'm beginning to worry that there's a chance The Hobbit could make those films look like the most faithful adaptations in the history of cinema.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: Why? (21/6/2011 8:59:45 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

It has already been stated that the second film will not now be abridge between the two stories.

Oh, has it? I wasn't aware of that.

Maybe they just wanted some elves to populate Mirkwood when Bilbo and the dwarves end up there?

iamangel -> RE: Evangeline Lilly Joins The Hobbit (24/6/2011 12:39:12 AM)

Are you guys just making this up? It doesn't seem like the most natural fit. But I'll admit I loved the work of Evangeline Lilly in Lost.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI