The LEGO games thread! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

juanvasquez -> The LEGO games thread! (30/5/2011 2:06:02 PM)

(Thread changed to general LEGO game chat)

I picked this (POTC) up at the weekend after playing the surprisingly fun demo. After the disappointment of LEGO Star Wars III, I was quite cautious going into this one. Any fears were soon dispelled after the opening video. This is the LEGO game at it's best. I'd say it's as good as LEGO Star Wars TCS, which in my opinion has been the pinnacle of the LEGO movie based games so far.

It really captures the spirit and absurdity of the films and runs with it. I've only played up to the end of Dead Man's Chest so far, but it's been a return to form. If you like the other LEGO games, buy it. It's a must have.

Chief -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (30/5/2011 2:15:14 PM)

I have been tempted with this but I'm currently running through TCS again and I might need a break from Lego after it.

jinks -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (30/5/2011 2:24:32 PM)

Got this on saturday, probably the best Lego game in the series so far. Really really good fun.

dirtypunk -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (31/5/2011 11:13:30 AM)

Does is have Trophies/Achievements ?

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (20/6/2011 7:10:41 PM)

Any chance we could have this thread changed into a generic Lego game thread?

Once I'm done with Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars I'll be taking a bit of a Lego break before I crack on with this. 92.8% completed at the moment and only the Seperatist ground battles to do. It's a bit of a pain that all I've got left is the RTS lite segments because despite them being a nice addition to the title I'm not looking forward to doing 15-20 of them in succession.

Are there any RTS type levels in POTC?

Chief -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 8:47:53 AM)

Dunno, I've just started it. The Mrs got me it for fathers day. Seems alright so far but seeing as I'm currently at 90-odd% on Lego Star Wars TCS I'm going to finish that first before I get stuck into Pirates.

Only got the blue canisters & super stories to finish on TCS then I'm done but I'm struggling for motivation for them, they seem like a bit of a grind.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 9:21:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

Dunno, I've just started it. The Mrs got me it for fathers day. Seems alright so far but seeing as I'm currently at 90-odd% on Lego Star Wars TCS I'm going to finish that first before I get stuck into Pirates.

Only got the blue canisters & super stories to finish on TCS then I'm done but I'm struggling for motivation for them, they seem like a bit of a grind.

Same here. Played most of Curse of the Black Pearl, but not got into the bonus levels yet to be able to say.

A generic Lego thread would be a nice idea as they're likely to keep cranking them out. As I've recently acquired TCS and POTC, and still have a bit of Batman to do, I'm setting myself a goal to 1000G all Lego games.

sharkboy -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 9:39:04 AM)

I love the Lego games that I've played so far, but after luke-warm reviews for the last Indy and Star Wars entries, I'd held back expectations for POTC.  But I really enjoyed the demo and it looks like they may be back on form again, so I reckon it's about time I added this to my wish list.  Unless someone finishes it off quickly and wants to swap for Dragon Age II or AC: Brotherhood? [;)][:D]

juanvasquez -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 11:18:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Any chance we could have this thread changed into a generic Lego game thread?

Once I'm done with Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars I'll be taking a bit of a Lego break before I crack on with this. 92.8% completed at the moment and only the Seperatist ground battles to do. It's a bit of a pain that all I've got left is the RTS lite segments because despite them being a nice addition to the title I'm not looking forward to doing 15-20 of them in succession.

Are there any RTS type levels in POTC?

Fortunately not. I admire they tried to shake things up a bit, but those RTS levels were crap.

Thread title changed as I agree there should just be a general LEGO thread.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 12:39:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thatlittlemonkey

A generic Lego thread would be a nice idea as they're likely to keep cranking them out. As I've recently acquired TCS and POTC, and still have a bit of Batman to do, I'm setting myself a goal to 1000G all Lego games.

I set myself that goal way back when but was scuppered when Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy glitched on me. The Empire Strikes Back Super Story kept crashing for some bizzaro reason. I also had a problem with the Original Indiana Jones game. It didn't give me the cheev for all the mini kits despite giving me the cheev for 100% [&:].

Anyway got the full 1000 on Clone Wars now. The RTS levels weren't as much of a grind as I'd expected although I was glad to see the back of them by the end. It's good to hear I won't have to do anymore of them in POTC.

Anyway, off to finish L.A. Noire now before I get cracking on POTC [:D].

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 12:52:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

I set myself that goal way back when but was scuppered when Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy glitched on me. The Empire Strikes Back Super Story kept crashing for some bizzaro reason. I also had a problem with the Original Indiana Jones game. It didn't give me the cheev for all the mini kits despite giving me the cheev for 100% [&:].

Anyway got the full 1000 on Clone Wars now. The RTS levels weren't as much of a grind as I'd expected although I was glad to see the back of them by the end. It's good to hear I won't have to do anymore of them in POTC.

I've been quite lucky in that none of my Lego games have glitched on me. I know a few people have had problems with them (Harry Potter I remember being a particular one), but I've had no issues.

Really looking forward to Lego HP Years 5-7.

Chief -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 12:56:23 PM)

Fuck Lego Harry Potter.

Glitched on me with one Student in Peril to find.

[:@]

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 1:06:02 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

I've been quite lucky in that none of my Lego games have glitched on me. I know a few people have had problems with them (Harry Potter I remember being a particular one), but I've had no issues.

Really looking forward to Lego HP Years 5-7.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the next Harry Potter one as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the last one. I thought mine had glitched on me as well but the glitch was that it kept showing one of the students in peril in the Library was still there despite me having saved them, which of course led me to believe that the final SIP had glitched. Thankfully I found the last one in the bit where you had to use the time turner near the clock if I recall correctly.

Lego Games in order of preference thus far.

Star Wars: TCS
Harry Potter
Star Wars OT
Batman
Star Wars 3
Original Indiana Jones

I haven't played the 2nd Indy game because to be honest I found the 1st one kinda dull in comparison to all the rest of the Lego games.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: Yarrr me hearties, it be the LEGO Pirates thread! (21/6/2011 1:41:05 PM)

I'm still to have a crack at Lego Indy 2 (for similar reasons to you) and Clown Wars. Only just laid my hands on TCS (I'd completed both the originals on the old Xbox, then OT again on 360), can't wait to get back into it.

Personally, I'd put Batman lower down - Indy did get a bit of a chore towards the end, but I'm a massive Indy fan (got an Indy Lego Minifigure on my keyring), so I enjoyed seeing the Lego take on him.

One thing on POTC - they have absolutely nailed Capt. Jack's walk. It's inspired.

Chief -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 1:41:51 PM)

Even though it glitched I'd still rate HP above Batman. I just got very bored with Batman and never got passed the first couple of levels, I might try again sometime.

TCS
Indy
HP
Batman

That's all I've really played. Pirates looks not bad so not sure where it'll slot in. Will have to give SW3 a bash at some point as well.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 1:47:52 PM)

No love for Batman then it seems. I thought it was great personally and Star Wars OT only just pips ahead of it, due mainly to a larger emotional attachment to the franchise it's based on.

Looking forward to cracking on with POTC even though I found the first 3 films were crushingly dull (not seen the new one).

juanvasquez -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 3:40:31 PM)

I've played all of them and 1000G'd all apart from:

Star Wars III - no rush to that one.
Star Wars II - my copy wore out and I never replaced it. Only have a few left to get. It's in my rental queue.
POTC

sharkboy -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 3:50:57 PM)

quote:

No love for Batman then it seems. I thought it was great personally.

Agree. Batman was great fun, and I loved the characterisations, especially the villains.  I also liked the fact that you had the 2 separate stories for heroes and villains - nice to mix it up a bit! TCS still remains my favourite, though the super story achievement is just a bloody chore, hitting around the 1hr mark for each movie.  Lego Indy 1 just had too many collectible type of achievements, and bloody frustrating levels (the rotating cylinders anyone?), but it was still a decent game.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 3:51:00 PM)

I'm at 960G with Star Wars OT - just 2 achievements for completing 2 of the vehicle levels without dying. They got on my bastard tits, so ended up trading it in. [:D] Need to go back and redo them.

MBeard -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 3:51:26 PM)

I don't have the patience to do the flying levels on Star Wars (can't remember which one, Original Trilogy I think) without dying.

Anyone have any tips so I can go back and try to 1000G them?

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (21/6/2011 3:53:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

quote:

No love for Batman then it seems. I thought it was great personally.

Agree. Batman was great fun, and I loved the characterisations, especially the villains.  I also liked the fact that you had the 2 separate stories for heroes and villains - nice to mix it up a bit! TCS still remains my favourite, though the super story achievement is just a bloody chore, hitting around the 1hr mark for each movie.  Lego Indy 1 just had too many collectible type of achievements, and bloody frustrating levels (the rotating cylinders anyone?), but it was still a decent game.

I really liked everything about Lego Batman except for the level design - it's the only one where moving onto another level felt like a bit of a chore. Since digging it back out, I have a new found appreciation for it. So in essence, it's not at the bottom of my list, it's just less high than all the others... [:D]

EDIT:
quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

I don't have the patience to do the flying levels on Star Wars (can't remember which one, Original Trilogy I think) without dying.

Anyone have any tips so I can go back and try to 1000G them?

I remember when I was struggling with it, DJ Satan said the trick was to take your time. I've nailed the Death Star on A New Hope, it's just the Hoth battle and the final space battle in Return of the Jedi outstanding.

Chief -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (1/7/2011 8:39:02 AM)

A'right Monkey, got your message last night. I'll be around Sunday from about 7.30pm onwards if you're about.

Struggling to find motivation to get those blue minikits.

thatlittlemonkey -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (1/7/2011 11:32:56 AM)

Aye, I just missed you yesterday. If I'm about (fingers crossed), I'm in.

rich -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (1/7/2011 7:12:56 PM)

I liked most of the Star Wars original trilogy and most of the Indy one, but after a while it's just "collect the lego coins while listening to X soundtrack".

juanvasquez -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (1/7/2011 7:18:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

I liked most of the Star Wars original trilogy and most of the Indy one, but after a while it's just "collect the lego coins while listening to X soundtrack".

Yes! The LEGO games have made me more aware of certain cues in the score of a few of these films since playing through them constantly. I was barely aware of half of the soundtracks until playing the games.

jinks -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (4/7/2011 9:12:38 AM)

Anyone experiencing any problems with Lego Pirates Of The Carribean? There's some really nasty game freezing bugs in it - especially during boss fights (Davy Jones and Blackbeard fights in particular) you have to litterally reset the machine and start all over again...VERY annoying.

juanvasquez -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (4/7/2011 6:06:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jinks

Anyone experiencing any problems with Lego Pirates Of The Carribean? There's some really nasty game freezing bugs in it - especially during boss fights (Davy Jones and Blackbeard fights in particular) you have to litterally reset the machine and start all over again...VERY annoying.

Yeah. I had the glitch when fighting Davy Jones. You couldn't reach him on his last bit of life. Annoying. It worked the next time though.

jinks -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (5/7/2011 6:45:50 PM)

Likewise, it did that twice on me. Wouldnt be so bad, but you've gotta do a fair bit before you get him down to his last bit of life too!

NCC1701A -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (8/7/2011 9:49:31 AM)

I enjoyed the Lego Star wars and the first Lego Indy games have not played Lego Indy 2. However after playing on Lego Batman which bored me have not played on any others since.

jinks -> RE: The LEGO games thread! (9/7/2011 6:51:08 PM)

Just one more Lego movie game to get after getting Lego Indy 2 (which actually, given the disimilarity and lack of hub to the original is very good) and Lego Potter on the PS3. Just need Lego Indy 1 and ive the set.

Happy days

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI