The Hangover 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> The Hangover 2 (26/5/2011 11:53:55 AM)

Post your comments on this article

wrightm1 -> (26/5/2011 11:53:55 AM)

Loving this Review ;)

roogieman -> (26/5/2011 1:22:34 PM)

I always thought the first one was over rated anyway.

jmebaby25 -> RE: (26/5/2011 1:43:06 PM)

First one was just ok. Massively overhyped.

Was put off this one when Zach Galifianakis publicly complained when it was rumoured that Mel Gibson would star in it. He seemingly had no problem with having a rapist in the first one. Sure, Gibson seems like a vile jackass... but that doesn't quite trump rape.

Filmfan 2 -> RE: RE: (26/5/2011 1:50:45 PM)

Hahahaha, I knew this was going to be utter shite! The first film is massively over-rated as it stands, so this could only ever be a disappointment.

Big_Pants -> (26/5/2011 1:57:28 PM)

Oh poo. I was so hoping it would be good :(

CHUFFSTER -> RE: (26/5/2011 2:06:59 PM)

The first was utter,mean spirited rubbish.
I didn't even get to the end!Glad the 2nd is getting poor reviews.

Barry -> Phad Thai (26/5/2011 2:19:43 PM)

Heh heh... Padded Thai... I love it!

Mmmm... Pity it's too late to get some for lunch though.

Barry -> Phad Thai (26/5/2011 2:19:47 PM)

Heh heh... Padded Thai... I love it!

Mmmm... Pity it's too late to get some for lunch though.

darko18 -> (26/5/2011 2:29:01 PM)

Opinion aside, I'm sick of spoilers in Empire reviews.

NickHilton -> (26/5/2011 2:45:54 PM)

This movie was not that bad.

I'm curious as to why all reviewers seem to have no imagination other than to make the point that it's very similar to the original. 13 Assassins is very similar to every samurai movie ever made but that was lauded. Cut this a bit of slack.

Wasn't great either though.

NickHilton -> (26/5/2011 2:45:55 PM)

This movie was not that bad.

I'm curious as to why all reviewers seem to have no imagination other than to make the point that it's very similar to the original. 13 Assassins is very similar to every samurai movie ever made but that was lauded. Cut this a bit of slack.

Wasn't great either though.

dummerjoe -> Home Alone: Lost in New York (26/5/2011 2:53:23 PM)

There is nothing wrong with Lost in NY.

Filmfan 2 -> RE: (26/5/2011 3:02:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

Opinion aside, I'm sick of spoilers in Empire reviews.

Couldn't agree more. Only reason I read this is because it's not a film that I'm gagging to see. If it was, I'd have avoided this by a mile due to Empire's tendency to spoil things.

juanvasquez -> RE: RE: (26/5/2011 3:20:00 PM)

I enjoyed it. Who wasn't expecting more of the same? I thought it provided plenty of laughs and it succeeded in making things a lot sleazier. Just as amusing as the first one I think.

However, it worryingly reminded me of weekends out with my friends. [sm=augen14.gif]

Anyway. I'll leave this thread before it descends into the usual summer movie review thread.

Bobby TwoTimes -> Bell ends! (26/5/2011 3:26:06 PM)

I've never seen such hatred towards a film that was made with the sole purpose of entertaining people and making them laugh!

You lot sound like a bunch of f*ckin Daily Mail readers!

Deviation -> RE: Bell ends! (26/5/2011 3:58:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bobby TwoTimes

I've never seen such hatred towards a film that was made with the sole purpose of entertaining people and making them laugh!

Get a grip you sad c*nts!

If it is like the first one, I will passionately hate it for being a boring and unfunny piece of shite.

MonsterCat -> RE: Bell ends! (26/5/2011 4:24:36 PM)

quote:

You sound like a delightful chap. The first movie was fine for what it was, but I felt that the hype and box office success was a lot more than it actually deserved. For me, it only had a few funny scenes and Todd Phillips seems to mistake nasty and cruel for edgy and witty. His movies lack the warmth and heart of some of Judd Apatow's films. Think I'll wait for this one to hit DVD.

Bighousewill -> Empire You Expect Too Much! (26/5/2011 5:05:11 PM)

I wasn't expecting anything more than same thing new place I knew thats what it was going to be I mean just watch the trailer and you will know. That said if you liked the original this won't disappoint it is darker and more fucked up and Galifianakis steels the show again the theatre was pretty full up where I saw it and the whole audience were in stitches Empire you expect too much!

Beno -> RE: Empire You Expect Too Much! (26/5/2011 5:39:53 PM)

Saw it this afternoon and i have to say i was surprised by the amount of people in the Auditorium for a lunchtime showing, it was almost a sellout. This must show folks want to see the sequel and will make it a box office biggie.
As for the movie ..... it wasnt as good as the original, which i loved, but it was far from a stinker. Zach G is the best thing about this one - even funnier than in the first - but the final third of the movie has hardly any laughs at all.
Id have made this a shoe in for 3 stars myself.

theoriginalcynic -> RE: Empire You Expect Too Much! (26/5/2011 7:07:08 PM)

Home Alone 2 is a classic.

elab49 -> RE: Bell ends! (26/5/2011 7:12:04 PM)

quote:

Please try to stick to discussing the film instead of ranting at other posters?

sanchia -> RE: Bell ends! (26/5/2011 7:51:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

If it is like the first one, I will passionately hate it for being a boring and unfunny piece of shite.

I would agree there were a couple of amusing moments but they were wrapped up in a poorly constructed, drab film with very little wit or quality.

nhassell -> RE: Bell ends! (26/5/2011 9:23:39 PM)

Also saw this today. It was hardly funny (the funniest bit was the photos during the end credits), and was pretty much exactly the same as the original. Not too pleased.

hughjass -> RE: RE: (26/5/2011 10:10:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmebaby25

First one was just ok. Massively overhyped.

Was put off this one when Zach Galifianakis publicly complained when it was rumoured that Mel Gibson would star in it. He seemingly had no problem with having a rapist in the first one. Sure, Gibson seems like a vile jackass... but that doesn't quite trump rape.

Galifiankis himself is enough to put me off! I'm sorry but I really don't get Hollywood or audiences love affair with this unfunny grating 'man-child'. In the trailer for Due Date it seemed like he was playing the same guy! Oh what's that? One-note? Aah, right...

darnoc1962 -> RE: RE: (27/5/2011 7:19:14 AM)

when a movies funniest star is a smokin monkey
when the original films writers are nowhere to be seen and are replaced by date movie scripters
when you simply remake the original n offer nothing new
it means

the hangover pt 2 was just p*ss poor n v few laughs other thn the monkey

J_BUltimatum -> (27/5/2011 11:06:40 AM)

Really enjoyed this. Definetly one of the better films of the year. Really do think that Empire need to get rid of there staff and get new folk in because so far the reviews this year have been worse than usual!!!

palmerantony -> dragon tattoo (27/5/2011 12:22:16 PM)

Hangover sequel was good, but a bit samey and very dark. However anyone else get the girl with the dragon tatoo trailer beforehand like me?? if so what did people think?

superdan -> RE: dragon tattoo (27/5/2011 1:15:39 PM)

My main problem with this film is that it's too similar to the first one. You know what it's about before you go in of course, but some of the jokes are recycled almost to an Austin Powers level, which seems a bit lazy. They've also turned Alan from a weird but kind of endearing man-child into a borderline psychopath dickhead. It's all even more unbelievable and implausible, and much of it doesn't really make any sense at all.

Having said that, it still made me laugh, and at one point I was in complete hysterics so it wasn't all bad.
3/5

Edit: I'm glad I didn't read the review before I saw it, gives away more than is necessary I think.

Swaine -> Hangover 2 (27/5/2011 3:47:17 PM)

Looks as though Mel Gibson didn't miss out on that much, and Liam Neeson ahd the right idea by backing out

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI