The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Drew_231 -> The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (20/5/2011 9:05:39 AM)

Anyone else started playing this game yet? Bought myself the Premium edition and have just started it, finished the (huge) prologue, and have just begun the first chapter

Very impressed so far. Firstly the game is gorgeous, one of the best looking I have ever seen. Very true to the tone of the novels, and a very intrueging story as well.

Portal 2 has some strong competition for Game of the Year

thepluginbaby -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (26/5/2011 5:41:57 PM)

I'm pretty interested in this game. I purchased the first one from GOG.com the other day for less than a fiver. Played the first bit seems pretty good but the sequel looks way better.

Don't know if it will run on my PC, but there are rumours that it might be coming to xbox because the ESRB have released a rating for it.

juanvasquez -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (27/5/2011 12:40:49 PM)

I've read on various sites that a 360 is likely to be announced at that thing in a couple of weeks.

kata -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (27/5/2011 2:20:15 PM)

Was thinking about picking this up but will probably wait now and get it on Xbox.

directorscut -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (2/6/2011 8:35:53 PM)

CD Projekt Red confirm TW2 coming for 360 at end of the year. 

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (15/9/2011 9:21:48 AM)

Felt like bringing this thread back

This really is a fantastic game, probably the best rpg of the year
If you have any interest in these types of game then this is worth getting.

kata -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (18/3/2012 10:06:25 PM)

Just started playing this, been really good so far. That prologue was huuuuge...

Peter Griffin -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (19/3/2012 7:30:27 PM)

Just seen the trailer for this & it looks right up my street.

kata -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (19/3/2012 8:50:18 PM)

Just stepped off the boat and done a couple of quests, already know I'm going to love it. It's not easy though, just got my tits waxed...

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (20/3/2012 6:52:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Just stepped off the boat and done a couple of quests, already know I'm going to love it. It's not easy though, just got my tits waxed...

Two words

The Kyran
[:D]

kata -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (22/3/2012 8:17:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drew_231

quote:

Two words

The Kyran
[:D]

Just killed it, after loads of deaths it was pretty simple.

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (23/3/2012 8:31:47 AM)

quote:

Just killed it, after loads of deaths it was pretty simple.

Without giving anything away, you have a pretty big choice coming up which divides the game into two completely separate sections.
Very impressive and makes for great replayability

kata -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (23/3/2012 9:47:26 AM)

Combat always seems to be 2 seconds from going completely tits up. Just mopping up the quests from the noticeboard before carrying on with the main quest, those Endrega queens are a handful.

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (23/3/2012 11:11:51 AM)

Interestingly, combat actually gets easier as the game progresses. The first section of the game does feel very chaotic and difficult.

By the middle of the second chapter you will be leaping into a group of nekkers and taking them out without a scratch

st3veebee -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (26/3/2012 12:33:29 PM)

Is the combat much different to the first Witcher? That game was close to being increidble but something about the combat didn't feel quite right. Really interested in the sequel..once it pops up on Steam Sale then I'll grab it.

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (26/3/2012 12:49:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: st3veebee

Is the combat much different to the first Witcher? That game was close to being increidble but something about the combat didn't feel quite right. Really interested in the sequel..once it pops up on Steam Sale then I'll grab it.

They did quite a big overhaul on the combat for the second game. The did away completely with the three different styles (strong,fast, group) and now its basically right click is fast while left click is a slow and heavy attack. It takes a while to get used to but becomes very intuitive once you get the hang of it.

But blocking is vital, especially in the early parts of the game. I mapped block to the middle mouse button and got into a pretty good routine of heavy strike, bock, fast

The magic system more or less works the same, but once again, quite vital to use in combat. Likewise with potions.

sroey -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (10/4/2012 9:58:33 AM)

Ok I had pre-ordered this from Shopto as usual but today spotted it on Amazon for 31.99 (the same Enhanced Edition - including inlay being signed by the devs). Hmm but noticed it wouldnt be dispatched until the 16th - the day before its release...

What to do...

sroey -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (13/4/2012 2:50:52 PM)

Sweet jesus - before I had chance to cancel my shopto order they had sent it yesterday. And its turned up today!!

Thats my weekend sorted! [:D]

sharkboy -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (13/4/2012 3:12:29 PM)

Decided to spend some birthday money on this, so I've pre-ordered it on Amazon too - seemed a shame not to at only 32 for the Enhanced Edition!  Hopefully they'll post it early...[:)]

the anomaly -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (14/4/2012 12:28:01 AM)

Too many RPGs!

Still have Skyrim, Dark Souls and ME3 to do ...

[:-]

sroey -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (17/4/2012 1:09:53 PM)

Combat in this game is HARD! haha got my ass handed to me for a while and found it very frustrating.

I realised I needed my trusty Silver sword to fight beasties (nekkers etc) to do proper damage! Kind of getting the hang of it now but you can easily find yourself facing the game over screen in a ruckus with more than 3 people/monsters at once.

Tough tough tough - but something kind of clicked last night while I was playing and I loved it - I had got to Flotsam in Chapter 1 and dealt with the Kayran...

Graphically its fantastic too...just need more time to play it [:D]

Drew_231 -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (18/4/2012 12:10:17 PM)

I cant emphasize using the Quren Sign enough, before going into a fight

And max it out as well so that it does damage back to anything that hits you

st3veebee -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (18/4/2012 2:13:02 PM)

Really impressed with the amount of free added quests and material released since the game went out. Last one was something like 10gb!

sharkboy -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (4/9/2012 3:40:37 PM)

Despite having received this on its release date, I only started playing the game a couple of weeks ago.  Since then, I've been totally hooked on it.  While it doesn't have the sheer size of Skyrim (against which it will inevitably be compared), it does offer up a very satisfying game experience.  It's not one where you can just load all your skills into archery and shoot from afar, unlike Bethseda's masterpiece, but instead it requires some planning before you decide to jump in against a few enemies.  And if you make the mistake of getting surrounded  or cornered, then it's pretty much goodnight.  The world isn't that large - it's not exactly free-roaming, but rather an expanded on-rails experience based around a few towns and their immediate environs.  But while the game world and depth of experiences may not match up to Skyrim, the plotline and character development are IMO much better.  Essentially, it is the game we all hoped that Dragon Age 2 would be.  It's less than 25 on Amazon now - if you'd like a good solid RPG to invest some hours in, this one is highly recommended.

Peter Griffin -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (31/10/2012 3:13:28 PM)

You see this Bioware, this is what Dragon Age 2 should of been like.
Awesome [:D]

Peter Griffin -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (8/12/2012 12:59:58 PM)

At the end (I think!!!) of Chapter 2 & what a game this is, proper adult fantasy with a compelling storyline (Though i do get lost with who is who & what their agaenda is!!!). Got to grips with the preparing before combat & whilst initally not being compelled by it i now love it. Hopefully Chapter 3 is as good as the rest of the game, not looking forward to a dark playthough though.

sharkboy -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (8/12/2012 4:24:55 PM)

Witcher 2 has been this years most pleasant surprise, and a very strong contender for my GOTY. While it misses the sandbox setting of Skyrim, it has a great storyline and a great balance of combat and exploring. The arena, dice and brawling provide a nice distraction from your quests. Its now down to a mere 17 on Amazon, if you're a fan of RPGs, you really need to pick this up!

JAYDAK1SS -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (8/12/2012 8:02:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Witcher 2 has been this years most pleasant surprise, and a very strong contender for my GOTY. While it misses the sandbox setting of Skyrim, it has a great storyline and a great balance of combat and exploring. The arena, dice and brawling provide a nice distraction from your quests. Its now down to a mere 17 on Amazon, if you're a fan of RPGs, you really need to pick this up!

Not to mention it has choices that actually matter, some of which mean you could play in different areas of the game

Harry Tuttle -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (10/12/2012 4:40:38 PM)

Just finished the prologue for this and I'm not feeling it quite yet. I can see that there's promise but so far the experience has felt a bit disjointed to me. I'm really not loving the combat so far either but I'm sure that'll come as I get a bit more used to the game and start unlocking some decent skills.

Peter Griffin -> RE: The Witcher 2 : Assasins of Kings (13/12/2012 7:50:06 AM)

Breezed through the prologue on dark setting, though it would have been tougher!!!
Roll & Quen is your friend.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI