Thor 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

lukeyboy -> Thor 2 (18/5/2011 1:45:39 PM)

So who would've thunk it - Thor has been sitting on top of the box office for three weeks now having hammered all competition (see what I did there) and as such those cigar chomping Hollywood big-wigs are already planning the sequel. Speculation has commenced already as to what the sequel will be about and who will be in it etc, and I just saw this article on Latino Review with some details/rumours with regards to possible villains.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/enchanting-thor-sequel-could-hit-alongside-iron-man-3-13622

Sounds like the natural way to go for the sequel in my opinion, and probably the best - but then I am easily pleased when it comes to comic book adaptations!![:D]

Marwood -> RE: Thor 2 (18/5/2011 2:34:05 PM)

They're certainly two decent characters to use; personally I'd like to see a sequel be 95% Asgard set and explore their world a bit more. The earth based stuff in Thor was fun but rushed and I think most agree that the strongest parts of the film were set in Asgard and Juttenheim so lets see more of that or some of the other realms.

The Enchantress would be a good villain as I recall a lot of her motivation has been to win Thor over and humble him, how about in Thor 2 he is able to bring Jane Foster to Asgard which causes some scandal as she's "a lesser being", in particular Enchantress is cowed by this due to her love for Thor and her pawn Skurge takes this affront to cause civil war or invasion by other realms/some of the mythical creatures from the legends.

lukeyboy -> RE: Thor 2 (18/5/2011 4:40:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

They're certainly two decent characters to use; personally I'd like to see a sequel be 95% Asgard set and explore their world a bit more. The earth based stuff in Thor was fun but rushed and I think most agree that the strongest parts of the film were set in Asgard and Juttenheim so lets see more of that or some of the other realms.

The Enchantress would be a good villain as I recall a lot of her motivation has been to win Thor over and humble him, how about in Thor 2 he is able to bring Jane Foster to Asgard which causes some scandal as she's "a lesser being", in particular Enchantress is cowed by this due to her love for Thor and her pawn Skurge takes this affront to cause civil war or invasion by other realms/some of the mythical creatures from the legends.

....and then Enchantress and Jane Foster get into a catfight in which their outfits are ripped off. Sounds great![;)]

Marwood -> RE: Thor 2 (18/5/2011 5:57:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marwood

....and then Enchantress and Jane Foster get into a catfight in which their outfits are ripped off. Sounds great![;)]

Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis reteam? Actually let's throw Jamie Alexander's Sif in there as well.

stef3 -> RE: Thor 2 (18/5/2011 6:16:31 PM)

[sm=sad06.gif] Two more years...

Just loved the film to bits and looking forward to this one. Also hope they don't go down this road with competition for Jane because we all know what Thor would choose in his proper mind and anything else would be a waste of film...Love the romance of the film but I hope that it is not the main storyline as surely Thor has bigger threats at hand after the avengers movie like keeping Jane's world safe which would knit in fairly nicely with the romance storyline. This is speaking as a romantic at heart. I prefer my romance understated and believable which I think the movie did quite well. Yes it is a thing that she is mortal, is human and can easily die but that can be developed into a non cheesy or non smaltzy thread in the film for angst purposes because it would be an issue.

Also I think the earth scenes were great and just made the film easier to swallow for the casual filmgoer though Asgard was a sight to behold...I knew nothing about Thor beforehand and if it had been 90% set in Asgard, I would have had a little trouble in relating any potential war as having harm on earth and thus tying into the avengers. So I do hope they maintain the same level of scenes on earth and other places as I could follow the story easily.

Marwood -> RE: Thor 2 (19/5/2011 8:50:44 PM)

Thing is Stef that how much more fish out of water/people of earth going gaga over him after the first film and likely The Avengers do we need? The earth scenes were fun and I do agree that they helped bridge the two worlds for the casual film goer but it was an origin film of sorts and they've done their job in that respect; Asgard and the other realms' mythology haven't really been explored yet and in my opinion they hold a lot more potential than finding another reason for him to end up on earth and fight another invasion. I guess the point is that he can straddle multiple worlds so why limit him to earth? I think The Avengers will be predominantly earth based and okay he has to hook up with Jane again at some point but a sequel shouldn't be a retread, there's a lot of cosmic adventure he can get into and allow the filmmakers to explore stuff that so far we've only seen a small amount of. As I suggested before I think it would be a great idea for him to bring Jane to Asgard and have a reversal of roles/the fish out of water from the first film while also developing their relationship...particularly when she sees these statuesque Asgardian chicks like Sif and The Enchantress and has a "but he chose me" moment.

MI Cruise -> RE: Thor 2 (1/6/2011 8:04:45 PM)

To see where Thor 2 can go we have to wait and watch The Avengers first in case there are things that could continue into the Thor sequel.
I agree with others that other worlds should be explored seeing as it being set on Earth is a waste of the mythology, the first film did a good job setting everything up and I guess you did need it more on Earth to introduce Jane Foster and develop their relationship.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI