RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads

swordsandsandals -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 12:32:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: swordsandsandals

I'mma put in a vote for August. I'm unsure about June and July but I'll definitely be in the burgh in August. And it doesn't really happen without me - I'm the life and soul.

Ahem.

Well I must admit getting chased down the street by you trying to stroke my hair was certainly an entertaining way to end the evening.

Also I can do September if need be, I'll be back at Uni then.

Spaldron -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 12:36:12 AM)

Weekends are fine by me. Told me gf about it, she said "can I go too?" I said "its kind of an Empire forum thing". She's angry with me now.

swordsandsandals -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 12:39:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Weekends are fine by me. Told me gf about it, she said "can I go too?" I said "its kind of an Empire forum thing". She's angry with me now.

I don't think anyone would complain if she came, but I found that last time a lot of the chat concerned the forums, so she might just get bored.

hellsangel66 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 9:40:05 AM)

The beginning of August would be great for me.....

There will be carnage....and that's just me getting to the bar!!!![:D]

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 2:58:09 PM)

Hmmmm, never been to a meet up before. When you sort out a date I'll see what I can do.

swordsandsandals -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 2:59:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rebenectomy

Hmmmm, never been to a meet up before. When you sort out a date I'll see what I can do.

Whoah. No Mods allowed.[:D]

Kilo_T_Mortal -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 3:33:43 PM)

Just let me know the location and the time it is happening.

Epiphany Demon -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 3:46:27 PM)

Well depending on when it is, how much it is, how long the journey is, accommodation, how my parents take it when I explain to them I'm going to get drunk with a bunch of people I met on the internet...

I'M DOWN

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 4:14:21 PM)

quote:

quote:

But who else could make an endless string of embarrassing jokes about 'drinking in moderation', editing the conversation and James Blunt?

Darth Marenghi -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 4:17:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

But who else could make an endless string of embarrassing jokes about 'drinking in moderation', editing the conversation and James Blunt?

You're really not making a case for yourself here. [:D] Luckily Rgirvan not Swords gets to decide anyway. [;)]

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 4:24:35 PM)

RIGHT

I am going to suggest Saturday 13th August as a suitable date - we are still in the midst of summer, it is a weekend and mid August.

Does anyone have any objections?

And Reb - of course you are able to come - although you MUST bring your Spock ears. There are rules!

Epiphany Demon -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 4:27:25 PM)

That's perfick for me seeing as it's after my birthday huzzah! But extraneous factors will decide for me; I'm a maybe so far [:)]

DazDaMan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 5:27:40 PM)

I'm down with that.

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 5:41:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

And Reb - of course you are able to come - although you MUST bring your Spock ears. There are rules!

One of then has gone awol I'm afraid, though I know where I can get a new one. Last night when I was waiting on a taxi some auld drunk came up and handed me something - turns out to be his false ear and he wanted me to hold it while he scratched the wound area. He then took it back, thanked me and walked off. Looked really good though and it could be shaped into Vulcan ears no probs.

superdan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 5:44:47 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

One of then has gone awol I'm afraid, though I know where I can get a new one. Last night when I was waiting on a taxi some auld drunk came up and handed me something - turns out to be his false ear and he wanted me to hold it while he scratched the wound area. He then took it back, thanked me and walked off. Looked really good though and it could be shaped into Vulcan ears no probs.

My brother has a friend who has a (very lifelike) fake ear, and apparently he used to enjoy chucking it at people and playing no end of practical jokes on strangers. I reckon you could get a lot of joke mileage out of such a prop.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 7:39:18 PM)

Everyone has to bring a fake ear!

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:07:56 PM)

Friends, Forumites, Countrymen, lend me your fake ears!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:43:13 PM)

We also need everyone to wear a fez!

DazDaMan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:44:01 PM)

Umm.... why??

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:45:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

Umm.... why??

Cause they are cool.

DazDaMan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:46:40 PM)

Fair enough!

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:50:58 PM)

Plus there are all manner of pub games and Tommy Copper impressions that come with collective fezi.

moontheloon -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:51:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: DazDaMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

Yeah, it was mid-July. I remember cos I'd just started my classes at the time and had to go in the day after with a hangover from those ill-advised tequilas we had.

Stef's fault. All of them.

That was when the day got legendary. And lets not forgot my accomplice in the tequila getting - moontheloon.

May I just point out that Tequila shots are never a bad idea. Many a fun night has become awesome after Tequila has entered the mix!

As I am now further away from Scotland than I was last time, I don't know if I'll be able to make it this year, however once a date is set in stone I will try and get that day and the next off work and make my way up on the train and maybe hook it into visiting people in Newcastle whilst I'm up that way depending on if they're around. Basically I wanna go!!![:D] But we'll see

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:55:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

I will try and get that day and the next off work and make my way up on the train and maybe hook it into visiting people in Newcastle whilst I'm up that way depending on if they're around. Basically I wanna go!!![:D] But we'll see

That's actually what I'm planning on doing. Going home to Newcastle to visit the folks, leaving the wee man with them for the day and head up to Scoterland on the train. What time do these thing wind up? Should I be looking up hostels?

DazDaMan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:56:26 PM)

I think the first one started around mid-afternoon, and finished up about 10pm!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 8:57:19 PM)

The last one started about 2.30 and lasted until 9.00ish - but I would be up for a bit earlier. You may need to consider hostels, but up to yourself!

Spaldron -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (26/4/2011 11:05:29 PM)

August 13th ,check. Fake ear, check. Fez, check. [:)]

And as one of the few guys here who resides in Embra I'll volunteer if needed to be your unofficial guide round the best dives and alleyways in town.

swordsandsandals -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (27/4/2011 12:15:36 AM)

It finished at around 10pm last time.

Can I recommend remaining sober because it is so much fun to remind all the drunkards what exactly they got up to.

I can do August 13th.

DazDaMan -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (27/4/2011 7:03:55 AM)

Remaining sober is over-rated...!

Rebenectomy -> RE: The 2011 Empire Edinburgh Meet Up (27/4/2011 8:52:53 AM)

Well if I can make it (still working out the logistics with the family), I'll be drinking but not getting drunk. I'll have a child to look after the next day, so no spirits and no mixing of the grape and grain.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI