Homeland - US Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Captain Black -> Homeland - US Speed (13/4/2011 8:00:42 PM)

Forthcoming series on Showtime from a few of the 24 writers -- most notably Howard Gordon -- and it has more than a few similarities: It's about a returning POW Marine played by Damian Lewis who may or may not be plotting a terrorist attack. Also stars Claire Danes as a CIA analyst and Mandy Patinkin.

Couple of clips here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyFmS3wRPCQ

Should air in the summer, and looks pretty good to me.

vad3r -> RE: Homeland (13/4/2011 8:04:10 PM)

Sounds goods, Showtime can do no wrong and deserve to be up there with HBO. Hopefully should fill the void that 24 has left.

Keyser Sozzled -> RE: Homeland (14/4/2011 7:02:21 PM)

Hmmm, not really sure about this basedon the clip. The "give yourself a big hand" bit made me want to slap someone.

Just hmmm

MI Cruise -> RE: Homeland (15/4/2011 12:02:05 AM)

Although I liked Weeds and Dexter, Showtime's recent programming has been losing its quality, I recently dropped Nurse Jackie for this reason and dropped The Big C last year as well.

Although from the trailer this looks awesome

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland (23/5/2011 9:19:56 PM)

I'd argue that Weeds and Dexter's commercial success married to their creative missteps is part of the reason Showtime are stuck in such a rut these days but hey ho....

New trailer up - doesn't show much more beyond what was in the first one, but still looking good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTN7ClsewQ&feature=player_embedded

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland (4/8/2011 5:56:47 PM)

Revised trailer, highlighting Lewis a lot more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqddY2sOk6U

And Henry Bommell, who took over on Rubicon after four episodes (specifically when it became really good) is part of the writing staff.

Barefoot Doctor -> RE: Homeland (14/9/2011 12:03:59 AM)

Hitfix are letting us see the pilot of Homeland now, over two weeks before its debut on Showtime.

It's edited, slightly. The nudity is blurred and swearing muted, but the rest is fine.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/first-look-watch-the-complete-pilot-for-showtimes-homeland

Captain Black -> RE: Homeland (3/10/2011 10:02:16 PM)

Despite high expectantions going in, it surpassed them. (Obivously none of you lot will like it as much now I've said that! [:D]) It's like Howard Gordon rang me up and said, "Look I don't do Sci-fi, but other than what do you want in a TV show?" And he came up with this.

Some very strong acting from the leads; Danes more by volume but she certainly commands your attention; Damian Lewis is an anagram of awesome but we all new that already; Patinkin didn't get much screen time but managed to inject his role with a nice world (or at least job) weariness; and I was so chuffed to see David Marciano turn up (hope he gets a season long role).

Timon -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (4/10/2011 9:31:09 AM)

Christ, I leave the country for two weeks and everything starts.

I've already got a massive backlog of new Castle, Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Nikita and Terra Nova. Now this! Also, Person of Interest - worth a punt?

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (4/10/2011 10:01:09 AM)

Is the gal from Firefly and Serenity on this show???

Timon -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (9/10/2011 4:40:32 PM)

Yep. Firefly and V's Morena Baccarin is present and topless.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (9/10/2011 5:56:30 PM)

She a series regular?

Timon -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (9/10/2011 6:59:24 PM)

Looks like it. 

Scruffybobby -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (9/10/2011 7:44:08 PM)

Just got round to watching the first episode. Pretty good stuff with strong performances from Lewis and Danes. Also nice to David Marciano from Due South again.

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (11/10/2011 1:24:00 AM)

Yep, I'm thinking this is the best show of the new set this season. Second ep was good too.

Art Vandelay -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (12/10/2011 2:05:17 AM)

Yeah, quite easily the best new show of the Fall for me. It's already been mentioned but the performances are pretty much flawless (as to be expected from such a cast) and only two episodes in, I'm already horribly hooked. The pacing of the show has been perfect so far, just giving us little glimpses through his flashbacks ever so often, although I obviously wanna know how everything happend Right. Now! I didn't read much into it when Lewis' character questioned why they were saying grace but it's now clear it's because he's converted faiths. Bring on episode 3.

And does anyone think that poor blonde girl working undercover has any chance of not dying?

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (12/10/2011 11:17:38 PM)

As soon as he questioned saying grace I knew he was a muslim! Haha!

The Saudi prince's girl is soooo dead. Carries has promised to protect her too many times.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (13/10/2011 1:19:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Yep. Firefly and V's Morena Baccarin is present and topless.

Yet, oddly, I couldn't get over her bad wig [&:]

I've only watched episode one but it is really good. It's certainly the most interesting new show of the season. And it's a cable show, go figure.Oh, and what a cast! Almost every scene, I thought to myself - 'wow, it's....'

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (14/10/2011 6:26:15 PM)

An interesting show - like a 70s paranoid thriller. 

Emyr Thy King -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (14/10/2011 6:38:12 PM)

The trailer looks good. Good to see David Harewood in it. I'll definitely give it a go. Is it on Sky already or do I need to consult an aunt or uncle in Bel-air?

Shifty Bench -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (15/10/2011 1:58:12 PM)

Channel 4 have the rights. [:)]

It's a good show, two episodes in and I'm sort of hooked. Plus, Mandy Patinkin is rocking that beard! [:D]

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (18/10/2011 9:21:29 PM)

Told ya.

Still good stuff.

homersimpson_esq -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (28/10/2011 12:56:58 AM)

Caught up on this now. Great programme. Great cast.

Claire Danes. I love her.

Couldn't help notice that this is the second series where Damian Lewis has come back to civilisation after some years away, and had to reacclimatise to society.

NCC1701A -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (28/10/2011 10:17:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

Caught up on this now. Great programme. Great cast.

Claire Danes. I love her.

Couldn't help notice that this is the second series where Damian Lewis has come back to civilisation after some years away, and had to reacclimatise to society.

The first was Life and the lasted only two seasons. It was very good as well.

Timon -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (28/10/2011 3:17:37 PM)

Homeland has been renewed for a second season.

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (1/11/2011 1:03:18 AM)

Anyone still on this one?

Still loving it.

BudBaxter -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (1/11/2011 11:02:29 AM)

Still watching, still loving it. Claire Danes & Mandy Patinkin can do no wrong in my eyes, & Morena Baccarin is [sm=love01.gif]. Shame she cut her hair. She looks much better with it long.

Not sure if it's a wise idea to drag it out to a second season, unless they wrap up this storyline in S1 & it's the same team going after a different terrorist in S2.

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (1/11/2011 1:43:16 PM)

I was glad she got rid of that stupid wig!

I agree that this may well struggle if its the same storyline with Brody/Abu Nazir next season. But for now, good stuff!

HIM -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (1/11/2011 8:12:56 PM)

Without giving away any spoilers, what sort of show is this like? Is it similar to 24? Lost? The Wire? I'm debating whether to watch it by myself or watch it with my girlfriend.

beebs_ -> RE: Homeland - US Speed (1/11/2011 8:34:58 PM)

It's no 24. That was fun over the top addictive TV. This is smarter. More like the wire out of the shows you've listed. It's a bit of a mystery. Who do you trust? Brody? Or maybe nuts/brilliant Carrie. The acting is great too.

Go for it. I don't see why your girlfriend wouldn't watch it.

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI