Michael Shannon Is Superman's Zod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Michael Shannon Is Superman's Zod (11/4/2011 12:00:35 AM)

Post your comments on this article

captainrentboy -> RE: (11/4/2011 10:34:12 AM)

Zod's been done a lot before?
As someone who got bored to death with Wooden Welling's Smallville at around Season 4, I can honestly say I've seen Zod portrayed on screen just ONCE. Once, and that was 20 odd years ago.[&:]
I think what people's actual concern is, is that they're doing Superman 2 all over again, just as Returns was quite a lot like the original Superman movie.
I don't think that'll be the case, and other than having Zod as the villian I doubt it'll follow much, if any, of Superman 2's actual plot. (Haven't they said they want to leave Donner's movies well alone?)

I still think one of the lesser known (with mainstream movie watchers anyway) bad guys will make an appearance in this new one too.
As amazing an actor as Shannon is, I can't see him doing all the physical, punchy punchy, slow motion ass kicking stuff. Which is why I think/hope there will be a secondary bad guy for that side of things.

Timon -> RE: Would have been better as Non (11/4/2011 12:06:42 PM)

I do like Michael Shannon, but I can't help but think he would have been better as the Kryptonian Non, who is "as without thought as he is without voice."

He is a very physical actor and I've always seen Zod as someone more wily and intellectually terrifying than physically imposing.

Still, it's great casting.

My name is Legion -> RE: Michael Shannon Is Superman's Zod (11/4/2011 1:46:27 PM)

That's nice, now just fire Zack Snyder and I might be interested.

waltham1979 -> RE: Oh Zod! Nooooo! (11/4/2011 1:48:36 PM)

Not convinced about the casting myself; personally I would have preferred an older cast to this film in general and don't even get me started on Amy Adams as Lane.

Thought Snyder was a great choice of director, but doubts are starting to creep in. I really wanted this film to have a real 'epic' quality to it that I felt Superman Returns lacked and I am just not getting it off these choices, they all just seem a little too good looking and MTV-esq...does that make sense?!

Hope i'm proved wrong though!!

lukeyboy -> RE: This super hero flick (11/4/2011 2:30:34 PM)

Shaping up nicely! Would've preffered to see Viggo as Zod as was rumoured - but Shannon is a solid choice and is all kinds of awesome in Boardwalk Empire!![:D]

captainrentboy -> RE: Oh Zod! Nooooo! (11/4/2011 2:40:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

Thought Snyder was a great choice of director, but doubts are starting to creep in. I really wanted this film to have a real 'epic' quality to it that I felt Superman Returns lacked and I am just not getting it off these choices, they all just seem a little too good looking and MTV-esq...does that make sense?!

Have you looked at a picture of Michael Shannon before? [:D]

superdan -> RE: Oh Zod! Nooooo! (11/4/2011 3:04:59 PM)

Hmm I'm starting to get mildly optimistic about this film. Some left-field (but quite clever) casting, Snyder leaving the script to more capable hands... This could turn out to be something rather exciting.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Oh Zod! Nooooo! (11/4/2011 3:05:26 PM)

I really like Shannon it's just that I would've liked to see one of the other villans in the film as apart from Luthor (naturally) none of the other main villans have been used.

Gkel -> RE: Boardwalk Empire Spoiler (11/4/2011 5:34:04 PM)

I think they should have stuck to someone British for Zod.

No one can do evil like the Brits can!

Except maybe the French and Germans.

*running to hide in Canada.*  ;)

jace007 -> RE: Boardwalk Empire Spoiler (13/4/2011 8:27:14 PM)

All due respect, if you had a Brit as Zod, it's just recreating what Terrence Stamp has done before. You should watch Shannon in BUG (that may change your mind, lol!)

Tech_Noir -> Zod's Wife and New Krypton look (15/4/2011 8:52:04 AM)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/20209/superman-battles-faora-in-man-of-steel

horribleives -> RE: Zod's Wife and New Krypton look (15/4/2011 12:43:06 PM)

Anyone else think Shannon looks like Richard Kiel?

Gillhead -> RE: Oh Zod! Nooooo! (15/4/2011 4:14:05 PM)

Shannon good looking - lol !!!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: waltham1979

Not convinced about the casting myself; personally I would have preferred an older cast to this film in general and don't even get me started on Amy Adams as Lane.

Hope i'm proved wrong though!!

Spaldron -> SPam link in title (15/4/2011 7:25:09 PM)

Piss off you spammy git!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI