Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Diane Lane Is Superman's Martha Kent (3/3/2011 6:55:07 AM)

Post your comments on this article

JIm R -> RE: Yep.... (3/3/2011 9:12:48 AM)

She's way too young to be playing this kind of role, unless all her scenes are flashback with Clark as a seven or eight year old say, if she's playing Martha as Henry Cavill's mum stage then they are doing her a massive dis-service, unles sthey age her 'up' by about twenty years.

lizzygilly -> fantastic (3/3/2011 2:49:34 PM)

i love this casting choice. and i love that they're going with a younger actress to play martha. annette o'tool has been go great on smallville over the years. having a mother that's younger, but just couldn't get pregnant herself, really helped the story. i like the fact that snyder and nolan are using the same approach.

Avengers12 -> too young, too HOT (3/3/2011 9:35:30 PM)

Diane Lane as Martha Kent to Cavill's Supes will make this film to be more like those "moms" from the tv shows, like The O.C., Gossip Girl, or One Tree Hill, where they all have these grown up looking teens WHILE they still look like in their mid to late 30's or very early 40's.
And this is...while i LOVE Diane...it's just a wrong decision. Especially, if Costner turns out to actually playing Jonathan Kent, they should just automatically hire SUSAN SARANDON and have a Bull Durham reunion. they're the right age and they got proven CHEMISTRY together. Sarandon's old enuff but not TOO granny-old, yet. she's a much better choice than lane for this role.

BatSpider -> Super Chubby (3/3/2011 10:45:58 PM)

Diane Lane = super chubby. Still would even tho she's old enuff to be my mum.

pah2602 -> Not too young (27/3/2011 9:37:52 PM)

Diane Lane is 46, Cavill is 27, so he came to them when she was 19 if you take that as fact, give or take a few hollywood years from them both and he could easily have arrived to the Kents when they were in their mid twenties, No Problem!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.617188E-02