Kneel Before Viggo Mortensen! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Kneel Before Viggo Mortensen! (26/2/2011 8:12:33 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jobloffski -> RE: I have a better idea..... (26/2/2011 11:33:14 PM)

What about John Hamm?

Some people wanted him for Superman, but since he's too old for the slant the film is taking, as the similarly powered, older, more cynical Kryptonian, could be canny casting, no?

rich -> Who is this imbecile? (27/2/2011 1:15:17 AM)

As much as I like Viggo, I just dont think this is the right choice of villain for a reboot.

Oh and the original John Williams score is NOT being used, they have Hans Zimmer set to compose just like the previous Nolan releases.

Sutty -> RE: Who is this imbecile? (27/2/2011 8:16:07 AM)

I think Guy Pearce or Viggo Mortenson would be good picks to play Zod, but NOT having the Superman music stinks. I mean, while we're at it why not get rid of the cape, his ability to fly, and the fact that Kryptonite is lethal to him. The music, thanks to Donner original is now part of the mythology just like the red and blue outfit and the big "S". Next thing you know Snyder will want to introduce agggressive polar bears to the fortress of solitude, and giant spiders to the movies climax! Those who don't know what im talking about check out Kevin Smiths talk on his brush with the franchise and producer Jon Peters...

Change for the sake of change is shite. Whether or not it is the now seemingly infallible Chris Nolan makes no difference. Fuck it Snyder, let's have maniacal running zombies and have Superman declare that "THIS IS METROPOLIS!!" to a group of marauding, freaky looking 3D owls....

JIm R -> RE: Err Hello Superman: Earth One? (27/2/2011 9:31:11 AM)

Cast him - NOW - whatever it takes. 

Trautman -> RE: I have a better idea..... (27/2/2011 10:05:17 AM)

I agree in a way, Hugo Weaving could do a great job, but I'm sure that playing another evil guy with zero conscience who has unlimited power would put him in danger of being type-cast. Shame really, he would be great.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Who is this imbecile? (27/2/2011 4:32:13 PM)

Not keen on Viggo but glad there'll be a new score, although I did like how the theme was hinted at in Smallville (season 2 I believe).

I don't want any self-referential nods or winks in Synder's Superman, we got enough of that in Singer's remake (I mean sequel).

Gillhead -> RE: "No matter that it takes an eternity, you will bow down before me" (28/2/2011 5:36:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boredbluekoala

Not having John Williams magnificent score on the new Superman movie would be like having 007 without the Bond theme.
As much as I enjoyed the Danny Elfman scores for Batman and Spiderman, they just aren't as iconic, so when Batman Begins used Zimmer/Newton Howard it was a nice change.
Put it this way, when you think of Indiana Jones, or Rocky or Star Wars, which music is playing in your head?

I feel your pain boredbluekoala! I even have 'Prelude and Main titles' as my morning alarm call (a bit sad I know)! Let's hope 'they' change their minds on this!

captainrentboy -> RE: "No matter that it takes an eternity, you will bow down before me" (1/3/2011 3:53:58 PM)

As much as I love the original Superman theme, I agree that maybe it's time to move on.
After all, Superman Returns was loved and loathed in equal measure, for its inability to detach itself from the original two Superman films. So I can't give Snyder too much grief for wanting to start afresh with a whole new Superman movie, one that's aimed at today's audiences, rather than one that's pandering to fans of the originals. Yes, I'll miss the expected opening credits sequence, but hopefully the film will be good enough that that's quickly fogotten about.
Who knows, maybe Zimmer will come up with something almost as memorable.[:)]

As for Viggo, I'd love to see him take this role on, but it seems like wishful thinking. Ignoring 'The Trilogy', he's not really a fan of starring in mega budget blockbusters nowadays, is he?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI