Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (1/2/2011 3:50:45 AM)

Post your comments on this article

theeverlasting -> (1/2/2011 3:50:45 AM)

So this isn't really happening, it's just speculation more than anything.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (1/2/2011 7:21:20 AM)

I really liked the mini-series, despite the TV restrictions.

Casting was superb, music was amazing (Snuffy Walden and Blue Oyster Cult), and it had the right pacing. One of the aspects of the book I liked so much was the sense of time passing, you can't get that in a stand alone film. Splitting the book into 2-3 movies could work but I don't see it happening.

Also I can't imagine anyone other than Gary Sinise in the Stu Redman role now.

sjessep -> romeo? (1/2/2011 8:25:44 AM)

Don't you mean Romero?

Kezabien -> (1/2/2011 9:20:21 AM)

They should make a new adaptation rather than keep re-making old ones (they've already remade Carrie, The Dead Zone, Children of the Corn and soon IT).

The original mini series was great so why make it again (it was lond enough the first time!). I'd much rather see and adaptation of Cell, Under the Dome or Blaze.

jmebaby25 -> RE: (1/2/2011 9:53:02 AM)

I'd like to see them tie this in with the Dark Tower and the Flagg / Man in Black crossover.

raclements -> RE: RE: (1/2/2011 10:09:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmebaby25

I'd like to see them tie this in with the Dark Tower and the Flagg / Man in Black crossover.

Yeah, I wondered if this was the reason for this remake.

ODForrest -> I can Stand it! (1/2/2011 12:59:18 PM)

The book was a very good read and the mini-series was right for the time. I'm not sure about it as a stand (ahem) alone film and there has been a lot of post-apocalyptic tales, although maybe if they were to covered over 2 films then maybe, I won't hold my breath. I can hear "Don't fear the reaper" ringing in my ears, might to have a lie down.

Simon124 -> (1/2/2011 1:12:21 PM)

Try making another mini series, but not a movie, there's far too much stuff there and it's one of those 'journey not the destinaton' things..

opinion no 1 -> (1/2/2011 4:53:07 PM)

Gotta be Frank Darabont ! as 2 Movies not 3 ! ...and thats final !

anakin solo -> no way (1/2/2011 5:18:06 PM)

i like the original better and a remake not needed or wanted.

Schnorbitz -> RE: no way (1/2/2011 8:08:16 PM)

M O O N.

That spells moon.

clarkkent -> (1/2/2011 9:39:21 PM)

oh no. I can't see this working as a film or even a trilogy. What they need to do is turn it into a mini series on HBO, something that would be able to do everything in the books at its own pace, without having to sacrifice moments and characters.

Tech_Noir -> The Stand (2/2/2011 7:12:05 AM)

Anyone read the graphic novels?

I'm tempted to get them but want all of the books at once (or better yet a compiled graphic novel).

I'd rather see another mini-series of IT (preferably 6+ episodes), Mick Garris's The Stand wasn't perfect but far superior than the 1990 version of IT.

Betafett -> Here's hoping.. (2/2/2011 12:34:52 PM)

they get smart and hire the same guy to play Flagg as Ron Howard does for the Dark Tower adaptation. The DT books are the nexus--literally-- of loads of King's Cthulu-style mythos, and all his film adaptations so far have largely ignored those ties.

Tech_Noir -> RE: Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (6/2/2011 9:33:53 AM)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19347/stephen-king-not-involved-in-the-stand-

I'd agree with the King, Gary Sinise was perfect as Stu.

DancingClown -> RE: Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (6/2/2011 12:16:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

I really liked the mini-series, despite the TV restrictions.

Casting was superb, music was amazing (Snuffy Walden and Blue Oyster Cult), and it had the right pacing. One of the aspects of the book I liked so much was the sense of time passing, you can't get that in a stand alone film. Splitting the book into 2-3 movies could work but I don't see it happening.

Also I can't imagine anyone other than Gary Sinise in the Stu Redman role now.

Couldn't agree with you more, Tech. Despite small budget and network squeamishness they still managed to convey an epic sense of apocalypse by allowing the story and characters to breathe and develop properly. Soundtrack is fantastic (I managed to get the CD a few years back) and you're right about the casting. I only ever had a slight problem with the guy who played Harold as he wasn't really what I imagined, although he was appropriately slimy. But, yeah, Sinise was born to play Stu Redman. I also loved Adam Storke as Larry and Jamey Sheridan was simply awesome as Flagg; he had the physical presence and nailed the character's playful sense of humour, as well as being genuinely scary, of really conveying a sense of chaos and horror beneath the ocassionally flippant surface.

I'd still be interested to see how they'd go about pulling this off but I'm not holding much hope. A book with 1000+ pages condensed into a movie? Even a three-hour one? Dunno about that.

anakin solo -> RE: Warner Bros. Takes The Stand (21/8/2011 9:35:18 AM)

[sm=fighting03.gif] They'll definately spoil it, and why do we need another stand movie when the original is more than satisfactory.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI