I Just Had Sex - BEST SONG EVER (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile

vad3r -> I Just Had Sex - BEST SONG EVER (28/1/2011 7:22:00 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o - WATCH IT!

44 million views in a month.

The best song ever made and yet another masterpiece by The Lonely Island.

Genius.

[image]http://cdn.rap-up.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lonely-island.jpg[/image]

Miles Messervy 007 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 8:23:54 PM)

They've been better, but John McEnroe!

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 8:43:28 PM)

[image]http://www.wheninmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/i-just-had-sex-akon-blake-lively-jessica-alba-lonely-island-dick-in-a-box.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.blogvedete.com/wp-content/gallery/videoclip-the-lonely-island-amp-akon-i-just-had-sex-cu-jessica-alba-si-blake-lively/the-lonely-island-i-just-had-sex-jessica-alba-bleke-lively.jpg[/image]

This song is pure awesome!

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 8:53:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

They've been better, but John McEnroe!

[image]http://www.tennisnow.com/images/mcenroe.jpg[/image]

Pigeon Army -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 9:06:41 PM)

My avatar should tell you my feelings on this song.

You might want to hold back on the relentless multi-posting, though, vad3r. Just a thought.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 10:40:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

My avatar should tell you my feelings on this song.

You might want to hold back on the relentless multi-posting, though, vad3r. Just a thought.

Sorry about the multi-posting, just trying to get some support for this awesome song around here.

[image]http://www.hypeon.tv/pth/thumb_ijusthadsex.jpg[/image]

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 10:57:04 PM)

It's really very mediocre.

JessFranco -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:00:41 PM)

Does that man have a very large face or simply a very large mouth? It's really rather disconcerting.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:07:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paul_ie86

Nope, that would be Scott Pilgrim. A film which stole every memorable line from the far superior graphic novels.
What's mediocre about it? It's hilarious and catchy.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:07:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JessFranco

Does that man have a very large face or simply a very large mouth? It's really rather disconcerting.

Which man?

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:13:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

Nope, that would be Scott Pilgrim. A film which stole every memorable line from the far superior graphic novels.

What does that have to do with anything? [sm=happy07.gif]

quote:

I don't think it's funny really. It is catchy though, but so is herpes.

JessFranco -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:19:50 PM)

quote:

quote:

Which man?

The one with the enormous mouth! And longer, curly hair.

I think i like I'm On A Boat a bit better.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:21:42 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

What does that have to do with anything? [sm=happy07.gif]

quote:

I don't think it's funny really. It is catchy though, but so is herpes.

Sounds like you hate it instead of finding it 'mediocre'.
Music these days all try to be so angsty, meaningful and serious that a song like this is always going to have it's critics.
It's a fun song that sounds great and is stupid and funny, that's all it's trying to be.

Oh and I'd rather watch I Just Had Sex for 1hr 53min than watch Scott Pilgrim. At least the former was original.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:27:07 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Which man?

The one with the enormous mouth! And longer, curly hair.

I think i like I'm On A Boat a bit better.

Oh you mean Andy Samberg (comedy God and SNL legend):

[image]http://thelonelyislandfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/andy-samberg-hot-rod-090728.jpg[/image]
[image]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Mg7RC1izyNU/S8tSH5qxkpI/AAAAAAAAACQ/grhjJfgIPTw/s1600/andysambergleopard.jpg[/image]

I'm not sure whether I prefer this song or Jizz In My Pants.

DJ Satan -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:29:41 PM)

quote:

Nope, that would be Scott Pilgrim. A film which stole ev]ery memorable line from the far superior graphic novels.

WTF? Are accusing an adapted film from stealing lines from the source material?

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:31:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

Nope, that would be Scott Pilgrim. A film which stole ev]ery memorable line from the far superior graphic novels.

[sm=schild15.gif]

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:47:48 PM)

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

Music these days all try to be so angsty, meaningful and serious that a song like this is always going to have it's critics.
It's a fun song that sounds great and is stupid and funny, that's all it's trying to be.

The angsty, meaningful and serious music has its critics too

quote:

Oh and I'd rather watch I Just Had Sex for 1hr 53min than watch Scott Pilgrim. At least the former was original.

Again, what does Scott Pilgrim have to do with it?

Miles Messervy 007 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:51:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

[sm=schild15.gif]

[sm=happy07.gif]

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (28/1/2011 11:56:04 PM)

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

quote:

So instead of debating why I Just Had Sex is mediocre you're just going to mock me?

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:17:58 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

quote:

So instead of debating why I Just Had Sex is mediocre you're just going to mock me?

I didn't think I was mocking you. If I was, I apologise.

I Just Had Sex is mediocre because the titular joke that it hangs on really isn't that funny. Like I said, I agree that it is catchy but catchy =/= good. See Crazy Frog, The Ketchup Song, Who Let The Dogs Out and countless other songs.

Miles Messervy 007 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:20:13 AM)

Paul, all three of these are awesome. Shut up.
vad3r, you brought Scott Pilgrim up (and it's superior to the also great comics, BTW), and now you're back-tracking. Shut up.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:27:46 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

quote:

I Just Had Sex is mediocre because the titular joke that it hangs on really isn't that funny. Like I said, I agree that it is catchy but catchy =/= good. See Crazy Frog, The Ketchup Song, Who Let The Dogs Out and countless other songs.

I Just Had Sex may be a one joke song but it's a good one. The writing/lines and the way they are delivered by the actors are what makes it funny.
The examples you named are soulless cash gimmicks that don't have an ounce of wit, have dated horribly and are downright annoying as hell. They're not in the same league as I Just Had Sex which is a joy to listen to.
I think there has been another misunderstanding, by 'catchy' I just really meant that musically it's fun and upbeat like Two Door Cinema Club or Hot Chip rather than it relies on a cheap jingle or pop culture exploit.

Ell -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:28:07 AM)

It is a bit rubbish IMO.

This is their best work:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:42:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

quote:

I Just Had Sex may be a one joke song but it's a good one. The writing/lines and the way they are delivered by the actors are what makes it funny.
The examples you named are soulless cash gimmicks that don't have an ounce of wit, have dated horribly and are downright annoying as hell. They're not in the same league as I Just Had Sex which is a joy to listen to.
I think there has been another misunderstanding, by 'catchy' I just really meant that musically it's fun and upbeat like Two Door Cinema Club or Hot Chip rather than it relies on a cheap jingle or pop culture exploit.

Well, it's not far off that imo. There's no real artistic merit. Like all Lonely Island singles, it's just Andy Samberg & co. saying look how many famous friends we have.

Miles Messervy 007 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:49:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

This is their best work:  click

Fixed.

vad3r -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:52:44 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mediocrity sucks

quote:

quote:

Well, it's not far off that imo. There's no real artistic merit. Like all Lonely Island singles, it's just Andy Samberg & co. saying look how many famous friends we have.

So your real issue with Lonely Island is because they have famous people in their videos? What is wrong with that?? I'd much rather it be comedians/celebrities in a comedy music video rather than cheap no names. It makes it more amusing and enjoyable to watch. Most of the time they are making fun of their persona anyway.
And you do realise that the majority of Lonely Island songs are SNL digital shorts which is a show containing many famous people and connections?
Their artistic merit is that they are genuinely funny people. Were you expecting a Radiohead like attitude and music?

Ell -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:54:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miles Messervy 007

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

This is their best work:  click

Fixed.

I had no idea a video for that track existed! I stand corrected! [;)]

Miles Messervy 007 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:56:19 AM)

Yeah, it came after all the other stuff.

paul_ie86 -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 12:59:55 AM)

quote:

So your real issue with Lonely Island is because they have famous people in their videos? What is wrong with that?? I'd much rather it be comedians/celebrities in a comedy music video rather than cheap no names. It makes it more amusing and enjoyable to watch. Most of the time they are making fun of their persona anyway.

And I don't find the joke funny.

quote:

And you do realise that the majority of Lonely Island songs are SNL digital shorts which is a show containing many famous people and connections?
Their artistic merit is that they are genuinely funny people.

I disagree

quote:

Were you expecting a Radiohead like attitude and music?

No, I was expecting some funny joke songs, and they didn't deliver

Shifty Bench -> RE: I Just Had Sex (29/1/2011 1:04:17 AM)

I thought it was ok. Not hilarious but it raised a smile on occasion.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI