Saoirse Ronan Confirmed For The Hobbit? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Saoirse Ronan Confirmed For The Hobbit? (28/1/2011 1:12:46 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Butlerbert -> hmm (28/1/2011 1:12:47 AM)

Wonder who shes playing!

BrooksyTHX1138 -> (28/1/2011 3:33:24 AM)

I cant think of who she would be playing...

crazymoviesdude -> (28/1/2011 8:01:03 AM)

Itaril? Why must we have all the female characters shoe horned into it? There are lots of movies that have only mainly male casts, and some that have mainly female, why not let this be one of the former?

Halfling -> WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!! (28/1/2011 1:36:47 PM)

There is no place for this 'character' in the Hobbit. IT would be a side-line story and for what? Galadriel i can go with, Frodo book-ending the films - no problem, Legolas? actually, can't go with that one either, but these films do not need some cosy love angle that didn't exist. The one and only time PJ has got it soooo wrong

Nicola Brierley -> Should be Good (28/1/2011 4:26:20 PM)

I think the best thing that Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens did as screen writers was to extend the romance between Aragorn and Arwen, making her a much more pivotal character. If they are going to do the same here, I say it will be a good choice.

Cyberleader -> (28/1/2011 5:40:55 PM)

Young Arwen?

Knight of Fury -> Man this Hobbit story's great (28/1/2011 5:55:50 PM)

But i can do it much better. In fact 14 central characters aren't enough, lets add some from the other books. Fuck it lets just make some up ourselves! It's what Tolkein would have wanted!

DeadCell79 -> SHE WILL BE STARING AS.... (29/1/2011 12:25:53 AM)

It's clear who she's going to be I can't believe you guys cant see it..

She's going to be one of the trolls that gets turned in to stone

rich -> Uhhgggg (29/1/2011 4:41:26 PM)

Should have seen them shoe-horning in unecessary characters like this, but it's what I should have expected. These are the people that want to milk it for 2 films worth after all.

Cynric -> Don't jump to conclusions people! (30/1/2011 3:09:55 AM)

Sure, the role of empowered elf maiden is a bit cliched and, ahem, "shoe horned", but a lot of the book is reliant on narrative rather than dialogue and I'd argue that they'd have to expand on the cast a bit, esspecially in the Mirkwood elves scene. I mean you've got the king, the butler and the captain of the guard for characters. That's it. the cast could do with expanding a little. And who's to say that the captain can't be a lady? I think she could do that well. If that is what she's doing...

danbo1138 -> Jackson rewriting Tolkien again? (30/1/2011 12:37:32 PM)

Hope he get another ulcer the arrogant prick.All his changes last time were completely unnecessary, characters swapping dialog?Aragorn delivering Theoden lines and visa versa ,Gandalf getting in on the act because obviously Jackson knows better.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.076172E-02