THE EXPENDABLES II (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (25/1/2011 4:14:33 PM)

well... it's 'announced' -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764651/

Not that the IMDB is the most reliable of sources but Bolo Yeung would be an interesting casting choice. Still waiting for a definite production start date and of course confirmation of Mr. Van Damme's involvement.

azzman1984 -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (26/1/2011 11:51:51 AM)

Here's a couple of quotes i found of Dwayne Johnson talking about The Expendables 2

quote:

The first thing is, a lot of people asked if you were asked to do The Expendables 2, would you be interested?

Johnson: [laughs] It all depends on the material. I’ve known Sly for a long time now and he’s a buddy of mine so it all depends on the material. By the way, I want to take a moment to congratulate him and all of the guys in the movie for kicking ass two weeks in a row. So, yeah, it all depends on the material.

quote:

One other action film a number of fans were hoping to see Johnson star in next is The Expendables 2. Casting rumors continue to swirl around the production, but Johnson gave his opinion about possibly joining Sylvester Stallone’s star-studded cast.

DJ: “I think he tried to come to me for the first one. I was unavailable or something like that. We had talked about doing something together. I would love to work with him. I wouldn’t rule The Expendables out. Great success for him and I’m very happy for him – and all the guys, by the way! Really cool. But always, always flexible if the story is right. I’d love to work with him in some capacity.”

And according to Dolph Lundgren, Sly has been talking to Channing Tatum to appear in the sequel as well!

quote:

It's been rumored that Sylvester Stallone has been considering Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel for the sequel to "Expendables," but now comes word that Channing Tatum is also on that list.

"I know they were talking about someone really young," said Dolph Lundgren. "Like that guy, what's his name? The guy that was in 'GI Joe,' Channing Tatum, or someone like him to bring that audience."

He added that Jean-Claude Van Damme will likely be in the sequel and if that happens, Stallone promised Lundgren that the two "Universal Soldiers" co-stars will get to battle each other.

"Stallone said something like, 'Yeah, I want you to break his f*cking neck somehow,'" explained Lundgren. "So, I think that there's a certain chance he'll be in it. I think he should play a bad guy. It's a great way to come back

Read more: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=20110#ixzz1C8pHsNVu

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (28/1/2011 6:04:19 PM)

Just the addition of Mr. Van Damme alone would be AWESOME.

darth silas -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (28/1/2011 6:25:21 PM)

Heres what i want from the sequel..

1)Another cameo from Arnie.A more substantial extended one at that.|

2)MUCH more Dolph this time(he was criminaly underused in the first film)

3)Ditch the shakey Bourne cam and frenetic editing(the fight between Dolph and Li was very hard to make out in the first film)

4)No cgi blood.Use prosthetics and squibs.

5)As well as Van Damme,get Kurt Russell and Chuck Norris on board.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (28/1/2011 6:35:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

3)Ditch the shakey Bourne cam and frenetic editing(the fight between Dolph and Li was very hard to make out in the first film)

Sounds good to me DS! [;)]

azzman1984 -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (28/1/2011 9:02:53 PM)

I was wondering besides people like Van Damme and Willis, which new action stars who people want in the sequel?

JoeyPottr -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (31/1/2011 6:08:42 AM)

I thoroughly enjoyed the first film [:)]
I want to have more Mickey Rourke in it
I agree about the fights though, some of them you could barely see I loved that Jet Li makes fun of his size in the first one though, love the banter between Stallone and Statham.
Maybe get CLINT EASTWOOD, STEVEN SEAGAL or SEAN CONNERY (yes I know he's retired) to make a cameo that would be cool unfortunately Van Damme has turned down the role again :(

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (31/1/2011 7:58:38 AM)

JoeyPottr! Been a while - how are you? JCVD said 'No' again? Aw man....

DanielFullard -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (31/1/2011 8:09:57 AM)

Been half tempted for a while to pay £4 to watch the first one on Sky Box Office but not really the other halfs cup of tea

darth silas -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (31/1/2011 11:43:39 AM)

I think The Expendables sequel has to raise the stakes by having the team suffer a few casualties early on.That would be a good way of having new recruits join the team and have Ross ''break them in'' so to speak.Bruce Willis's Church should definetly be the main baddie and have his own team of assassins.

Perhaps another Arnie cameo could be him lending Ross a few members of his own crew to help his old rival get revenge?

Scott_ -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (1/2/2011 4:45:18 PM)

More Dolph is needed most films need more Dolph. Wesley Snipes needs to be the villain aswell. Whatever direction Sly goes I'm sure it'll be frakkin' awesome anyway.

JoeyPottr -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (4/2/2011 6:47:23 AM)

Hi Snake Eyes! Yes, it's good to be back (already I've annoyed the moderators, not on purpose though just stating my opinion) I wish I would have seen the Expendables in the theatre though.

Snake-Eyes -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (4/2/2011 7:33:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JoeyPottr

Hi Snake Eyes! Yes, it's good to be back (already I've annoyed the moderators, not on purpose though just stating my opinion*) I wish I would have seen the Expendables in the theatre though.

*(in a 'John Rambo' in RAMBO III voice) "Sounds familiar."

I watched it twice at the cinema and LOVED it! Ironically, I STILL haven't had time to crack open the special edition, 3-disc blu-ray set! Soon hopefully [;)]

Spaldron -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (5/2/2011 4:15:56 AM)

quote:

May I add
6) Bring back the MASSIVE SHOTGUN that go BOOM!!!  (and make everybody go splat!)

Ghidorah -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (5/2/2011 12:19:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

May I add
6) Bring back the MASSIVE SHOTGUN that go BOOM!!!  (and make everybody go splat!)

This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Spaldron -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (5/2/2011 7:15:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

HELLYEAH!
[sm=worship.gif][sm=worship.gif][sm=worship.gif]   [sm=icon_smile_pistols.gif]

ace14 -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (21/2/2011 9:36:48 AM)

Finally watched the first one last night and really enjoyed it.

I agree with the comment above with regards the shakey cam, but other than that, i am quite excited about a sequel.

Hopefully the plot can revolve around Trent's (Arnie) team and Ross' (Sly) team having to team up to take down Church's (Willis) Team. This could be a way to introduce the newer cast members and would be an incredible team up.

Ross' Team - Trents Team
Statham = Vin Diesel
Li = Van Damme
Lundgren = H. Hogan
Crews = The Rock
Couture = Weathers
Rourke = Norris

Baddies
Willis
Mr T.
Russell Crowe
Steve Austin (?)
Vernon Wells
Clint Eastwood

However, looking at this list a team-up would be good but a face off even better! Thunderlips vs Drago [:D][:D][:D]

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (9/3/2011 9:36:09 AM)

WHAT??!!!!!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/03/expendables-sequel-sylvester-stallone-bruce-willis-jason-statham-movie.html

He ain't directing? Um.... Well, it's early days but I hope we get someone with a keen eye for action.

kumar -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (9/3/2011 11:12:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

"I know they were talking about someone really young," said Dolph Lundgren. "Like that guy, what's his name? The guy that was in 'GI Joe,' Channing Tatum, or someone like him to bring that audience."

They want to make this for the kids?!

Sutty -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (9/3/2011 1:45:57 PM)

think perhaps stallone found it hard starring, directing, writing and producing last time around on this kind of movie (it aint merchant ivory!) so maybe he wants to lighten the load. Personally I would love to see him do something more "Serious" and "weighty", and maybe take a smaller role in the upcoming sequal ala Roarke. The Expendables is a good action flick but we all know Sly has more in his locker than that. Problem is, some people aren't interested in seeing it. Shame...

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (9/3/2011 3:40:36 PM)

Quite right Sutty; Sly is very versatile when it comes to the acting chops and it wouldn't be too bad an idea to let even the character of Barney Ross take a back seat and allow some 'young guns' to carry the story. I'm all for an EXPENDABLES sequel but I'd also like to see him attempt more character-driven stories a la COPLAND. As for who should direct the sequel, this here's Snake-Eyes' shortlist -

RENNY HARLIN - Already has a good working relationship with Stallone and I believe he is a director who deserves a comeback.

NIMROD ANTAL - PREDATORS rocked! No reason why he couldn't handle another high-concept actioner.

JOHN WOO - And why not?! It just makes sense if you think about it. He's The Godfather of Action Cinema and a film about a Brotherhood of Warriors would be right up his street.

LUC BESSON - Stop making all those CG-Cartoons and concentrate all the action-film producing efforts into something worthwhile and bring your mate Mr. Reno to the Party!

spark1 -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (10/3/2011 1:07:20 PM)

4 possible replacements and one if only-

http://www.movieline.com/2011/03/5-directors-who-should-replace-sylvester-stallone-on-the-expendables-2.php

george p really knew how to direct sly in 80s.

Frank Castle -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (13/3/2011 4:08:18 PM)

quote:

I was wondering besides people like Van Damme and Willis, which new action stars who people want in the sequel?

scott adkins, him vs jet li would be sensational!!

Shifty Bench -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (13/3/2011 6:57:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

They want to make this for the kids?!

Maybe he means the teenage girl audience.

Invader_Ace -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (14/3/2011 1:07:50 PM)

Micheal Jai White, Please.
and lets get some ladies in on the action (blasphemy, I know)  Cynthia Rothrock.  I loved her movies as a kid.

Oh and also, Brian Bosworth.

azzman1984 -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (14/3/2011 4:49:56 PM)

Fingers crossed it would be John Woo directing Expendables 2, plus it would be cool to see Van Damme and Woo together again after the awesome film that was Hard Target!

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (14/3/2011 4:58:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1
george p really knew how to direct sly in 80s.

George P Cosmatos died in 2005. But he did indeed direct two Sly Classics.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (14/3/2011 6:03:44 PM)

I reckon Renny Harlin should direct, like snake said. The guy does great action and is in dire need of a big comeback movie.

Snake-Eyes -> THE EXPENDABLES II (17/3/2011 6:21:15 PM)

Y'know, talking 'bout BAD BOYS II and THE ROCK elsewhere.... Maybe MICHAEL BAY would be a good director for the sequel. After all, HE BLOWS SHIT UP!!

darth silas -> RE: THE EXPENDABLES II (17/3/2011 7:10:52 PM)

Bay only knows how to make crappy Transformers movies now.How bout getting John Hyams to direct? He did a great job with a small budget on Universal Soldier:Regeneration,think of what he could accomplish on a big budget Expendables sequel!

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
7.788086E-02