RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs

Bad Ash -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (18/9/2012 12:17:36 PM)

Duane Johnstone is a reallt likeable action star. He's got great comic timing, is a more than competent actor and is as built like a shit-house door! He also comes across as quite approachable, which is no mean feat from a guy who looks like he could crush my skull inbetween his forefinger and pinky! Can't wait to see him as Lobo in the upcoming Marvel flick!

Simply put - The Rock rocks! [:D]

vad3r -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (18/9/2012 5:40:17 PM)

IF YAAA SMMMMEELLLLLLLLLLLLALALALALLALALLLLAAAAAUUUUU

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (19/9/2012 12:05:44 AM)

quote:

Director Ric Roman Waugh’s (Felon) action thriller Snitch has been dated for February 22nd, 2013. Dwayne Johnson stars as a father forced to become an informant for the DEA to reduce his falsely accused son’s 10-year jail sentence. The impressive ensemble cast also includes Susan Sarandon, Barry Pepper, Michael K. Williams, Joe Bernthal, and Benjamin Bratt. The Summit pic currently has no competition on the February date, but opens one week before Neil Blomkamp’s sci-fi pic Elysium.

I hope they debut a trailer for it soon [:D]

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (19/9/2012 10:11:33 PM)

Pain And Gain release date announced

quote:

Paramount Pictures has set an April 26, 2013 release date for "Transformers" director Michael Bay's Pain and Gain, starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Tony Shalhoub, Bar Paly, Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong and Yolanthe Cabau.

Based on a true story, Pain and Gain follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. The story was first told in an article from the Miami New Times.

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (20/9/2012 1:39:46 PM)

Next year is gonna be big for The Rock...

Snitch - February 22, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - March 29, 2013

Pain & Gain - April 26, 2013

Fast and Furious 6 - May 24, 2013

Empire State - June 10, 2013

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (1/11/2012 12:27:26 AM)

Here's what Dwayne Johnson is dressing up for Halloween!! https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/263760955010330624

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (21/11/2012 8:59:23 PM)

Heres the first trailer For Dwayne Johnson's new movie Snitch http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97311

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (1/5/2013 2:53:26 PM)

Heres an great article on why Dwayne Johnson is one of the most successful wrestler turned actor ever http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/why-rock-first-pro-wrestler-or-athlete-become-movie-star-88381

MonsterCat -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (1/5/2013 10:53:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: azzman1984

Pain And Gain release date announced

quote:

Paramount Pictures has set an April 26, 2013 release date for "Transformers" director Michael Bay's Pain and Gain, starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Tony Shalhoub, Bar Paly, Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong and Yolanthe Cabau.

Based on a true story, Pain and Gain follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. The story was first told in an article from the Miami New Times.

A comedy based on a real life story of two people who murdered for money.

Stay classy, Michael Bay.

thedrin -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (2/5/2013 11:50:14 AM)

quote:

One of the most successful wrestler turned actors ever, once billed to be the next big action star but now to me he has become a pretty well rounded actor, not the one to typecast himself to a genre, he has broaden his range has an actor from action films like The Rundown and Walking Tall, comedy films like Be Cool, Get Smart, dramas like Gridiron Gang and family flims like The Game Plan and Race To Witch Mountain. Yes some people think he has made some bad film choices but at least he has the balls to take chances and i think people should aleast respect and admire him for doing that.

I think he's made bad film choices and the primary reason is that I don't think he has the balls to take chances. Southland Tales is the bravest thing I've seen him do. It's a total mess but he's excellent in it.

I do think that he's a very good actor, but he plays it ultra-safe when films to star in. Hopefully at some point in the future he'll try to reinvent himself as a character actor like Matthew McConaughey did.

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (2/5/2013 9:15:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: thedrin

quote:

One of the most successful wrestler turned actors ever, once billed to be the next big action star but now to me he has become a pretty well rounded actor, not the one to typecast himself to a genre, he has broaden his range has an actor from action films like The Rundown and Walking Tall, comedy films like Be Cool, Get Smart, dramas like Gridiron Gang and family flims like The Game Plan and Race To Witch Mountain. Yes some people think he has made some bad film choices but at least he has the balls to take chances and i think people should aleast respect and admire him for doing that.

I think he's made bad film choices and the primary reason is that I don't think he has the balls to take chances. Southland Tales is the bravest thing I've seen him do. It's a total mess but he's excellent in it.

I do think that he's a very good actor, but he plays it ultra-safe when films to star in. Hopefully at some point in the future he'll try to reinvent himself as a character actor like Matthew McConaughey did.

Well he has been getting rave reviews for his performance in Snitch and also reading critics reviews for Pain & Gain which r mixed but they all said that he's the best thing in the film plus a departure to anything he's ever done and he puts on the best performance of his career so far and its actully seriously Oscar worthy as well. I hope this will open doors to more interesting work.

azzman1984 -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (2/5/2013 9:16:47 PM)

quote:

HBO has given a pilot order to a half-hour dramedy pilot starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. This marks the first TV-starring role for the movie actor/wrestler, who is executive producing the project with his Pain & Gain co-star Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson. Peter Berg is on board to direct the pilot and will executive produce, along with Johnson’s manager Dany Garcia who runs his production company. Written by Levinson, the untitled project chronicles the lives of athletes — some retired, some still active — living in Miami. Johnson will play one of them, with filming eyed for the fall.

Johnson’s collaboration with Wahlberg and his manager/ frequent producing partner Levinson on the project, based on an idea by Levinson, stems from Johnson and Wahlberg’s work together on Michael Bay’s action movie Pain & Gain, which opened at No. 1 this past weekend. The two actors also are repped by the same agency, WME. A showrunner will be brought in soon to the project, which marks Levinson’s pilot-writing debut. He has previously co-written several episodes of HBO’s Entourage, which he also executive produced with Wahlberg. Additionally, the duo executive produce HBO’s drama series Boardwalk Empire and drama pilot The Missionary.

Johnson, who continues to appear on WWE Raw, toplines and executive produces TNT’s new reality competition show The Hero, which premieres June 6. On the big screen, he next stars in Fast & Furious 6. This is WME-repped Berg’s second HBO pilot gig. He recently signed on to direct and executive produce Damon Lindelof’s The Leftovers.

bydabeachman -> RE: The Dwayne Johnson Appreciation Thread (10/6/2013 6:56:37 PM)

I have watched Dwayne go from Rocky Miavia to the beast he is now. I remember a day when he was the villan in wrestling, while still in the Nation of Domination. From un-televised to Pay-Per-Views, I watched the Rock climb the latter from villan to star, to superstar. His transition to the big screen was not uncommon in his line of work but besides RRPiper and Hulk Hogan, he was the first to become truly mainstream, HUGE action star. He has the humility, the ability, and the acting chops to truly succeed. A man with his ability and the fact his ego is not bigger than him is amazing. I think due to how he became famous, he is appreciative of it and doesn't take it for granted like many born into do. His genuine personality is what wins crowds, Even as a villan I will root for him.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.711914E-02