Crysis 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

kata -> Crysis 2 (21/1/2011 7:23:54 PM)

This just slid onto my radar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1YDkLIGtqU&hd=

Multiplayer demo exclusive to XBL on Tuesday, looking forward to it.

Your Funny Uncle -> RE: Crysis 2 (22/1/2011 7:31:14 AM)

I'll give the demo a bash. I can't see myself buying it unless the demo blows me away mind.

Pratt82 -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/1/2011 7:49:00 PM)

Demo for me too. Never played the 1st one so I haven't a clue what to expect.

kata -> RE: Crysis 2 (25/1/2011 11:37:00 AM)

Demo (Gold only)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Crysis-2-Multiplayer-Closed-Beta/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418946?cid=search

paulyboy -> RE: Crysis 2 (25/1/2011 3:22:06 PM)

Really dug the PC original, but only for the single-player, multi-player never really grabbed me, so regardless of this demo I'll be waiting to see how the main campaign turns out.

I'll be going for the 360 version this time round however. I'm past my PC tinkering days, just can't be arsed with the expenditure anymore, unless of course it turns out my 3 year old rig - that only just ran the original on "High" - is fully capable of handling the sequel on some of it's prettier settings, I'm not hopeful.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (25/1/2011 6:36:41 PM)

Just downloading the demo for this now, very intrigued to see just how good it looks, as the original screens of this and the Crytek 2 Engine running on the 360 were very purdy.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Crysis 2 (25/1/2011 7:12:01 PM)

Can't seem to get into a game [:@] good title screen music though.

Pratt82 -> RE: Crysis 2 (25/1/2011 10:46:06 PM)

Me neither, really didn't like it when I did! Don't know whether it's just because I'm use to FPS' like COD and BC2 but it just felt and looked weird. Didn't have a clue what to do. [&:]

With what I've see from the demo, I don't think I'll bother with this game. Still think it needs alot of work.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Crysis 2 (26/1/2011 1:59:36 AM)

Finally got into a game and I actually really enjoyed it. There are a couple of bugs and alot of pop-in but I guess it is a beta. Gameplay wise, its not as deep as Battlefield but I certainly enjoyed it more than COD. The way they've managed to merge the suit functions into the gameplay and how you traverse the environment is really well done.

The graphics are also brilliant.

paulyboy -> RE: Crysis 2 (26/1/2011 9:18:33 AM)

Quite enjoyed the demo actually, they've mapped the suit functions to the control pad really quite well. If you're in a decent server were people know how to play the game it's a lot of fun, with people using their armour, camoflauge, air stomps and John Woo style slides (tip: crouch as you sprint, it's rather cool!) to full effect.

Graphics are nice enough, it's smooth and it runs well. But I'm definately expecting more visuals wise from the main campaign at release.

Had countless problems getting into servers at first also, until I noticed that it had rated my NAT as strict, something I sorted an age ago. Logged back into my router and noticed all the port forwardings were for my old Premium, which had taken a different IP from DHCP to the new S console. Re-did all that and the demo ran like a dream after that, got a game everytime.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (26/1/2011 9:56:15 AM)

Visually I didn't particularly appreciate the filter they'd put over the top but my only assumption is that this is not near the final build or they've done this to compensate for the toned down visuals used for the online side of things, and I agree with Paulyboy I reckon the campaign will have a lot more to offer us in terms of eye candy.

I enjoyed that a lot, it's the old school style of multiplayer shooter that refreshing to see. It has elements of CoD and Halo in there, but overall it's its own game and I enjoyed it immensely and I can honestly see me buying the game and losing hours to the multiplayer, much better than BLOPS and well it doesn't take much in my eyes to be better than Halo online.

Hopefully I'll see you all on there come release.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (26/1/2011 9:57:00 AM)

Visually I didn't particularly appreciate the filter they'd put over the top but my only assumption is that this is not near the final build or they've done this to compensate for the toned down visuals used for the online side of things, and I agree with Paulyboy I reckon the campaign will have a lot more to offer us in terms of eye candy.

I enjoyed that a lot, it's the old school style of multiplayer shooter that refreshing to see. It has elements of CoD and Halo in there, but overall it's its own game and I enjoyed it immensely and I can honestly see me buying the game and losing hours to the multiplayer, much better than BLOPS and well it doesn't take much in my eyes to be better than Halo online.

Hopefully I'll see you all on there come release.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 9:50:50 AM)

Really enjoying this now, the more you play the more you learn how to play it properly and use the suit to your advantage. Currenlty played about 8-10 games and just shy of level 6 (If 5 isn't the highest in the demo mind you).

The map is superb, and a great choice to show off the game in a single map demo, it's so small and intimate yet seems to have a lot of depth to it thanks to the layers, and it can really change the game depending on where on the map you are.

The visuals seem to look bette after playing it for a while. (not that they looked bad) The filter over the top, which is my main problem soon becomes unnoticeable. I traded my copy of BLOPS for 33 at GAME this week, I'll be putting this towards that, as it's going to be my new online game.

borstal -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 10:05:04 AM)

I played the demo for five mins and deleted it. I don't like that floaty feeling of movement thats similar to Halo and Perfect Dark. There are enough shooters to keep me happy.

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 10:10:05 AM)

Yeah, but you've bought Dead Space 2 after that awful demo, so we'll see where you go with regards to buying this [:D]

I don't think it feels floaty at all, only thing is you can run very fast and jump high when your suit has the energy as that's the whole point in Crysis, your Nanosuit.

borstal -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 10:15:12 AM)

Ive not bought it yet [/pedant] [:D].....but I am going to later.

I think DS2 will be a really good game albeit different to what most of us wanted. Crysis 2 just seemed too meh and honestly that floaty movement(do you know what I mean?) I can't stand.

Ive yet to play the Bullet Storm demo which is getting a lot of praise and with the lovely BBC2 and more nice looking 1st and 3rd FPS coming out Crysis 2 just doesn't look to offer me a reason to buy that before anything else.

sroey -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 2:18:27 PM)

Question guys:

The LB & RB buttons control Suit Armor and Suit Camo respectively - how do you trigger the middle suit function - power?

Really bugging me! And Im too lazy to find out myself!

Sexual Harassment Panda -> RE: Crysis 2 (28/1/2011 3:57:47 PM)

Middle function? I didn't think one existed, I thought there was Cloak and Armour Enchancement that you could assign to LB and RB, then the other suit nodes were all automatic things besides Air Stomp which required you to press B while in the air. Are you not just looking at your Power/Energy bar? Which is just telling you how long you can use Cloak/Armour before recharging?

EDIT: Sorry, I was being retarded, you're referring to the "Side Pack" "Weapon Pro" "Aim Enhance" etc, I think they're like CoD perks in that they are on at all times.

JessFranco -> RE: Crysis 2 (1/2/2011 11:58:57 PM)

I've been playing this a lot recently and almost love it. There are a couple of annoying bugs (i keep getting shot round corners / through solid objects) but i imagine they'll get ironed out. I'd also hope that the weapons get more effective once you can level them up beyond the demo limits. 75% of my kills at the moment are clocking people on the head as the bullets aren't really working for me.

kata -> RE: Crysis 2 (2/2/2011 10:58:36 AM)

Everything you do after hitting sprint is power i think.  I know you can jump really high.

talpacino -> RE: Crysis 2 (16/2/2011 6:31:39 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eGv7oT8P6Y

Looks ok...

sroey -> RE: Crysis 2 (22/3/2011 10:27:44 PM)

Reviews are out and they are all overwhelmingly positive!

IGN calls it the best looking console game so far - specifically mentioning the 360 version...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/294813/crysis-2-xbox-360-review/

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1156446p1.html

Hmmm looks like ill be trading in Homefront for this...

From_Hell -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 8:29:54 AM)

Reviews are also on OXM and Gamespot and they're equally positive. Despite having a pile of 10 unplayed games and not needing a new one... I'm quite tempted by Crysis 2

sroey -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 9:08:23 AM)

Pre-ordered this from TheHut.com

Used a 5 off code - and its mine for 32.85

Actually looking forward to this - love sandbox style shooters...

paulyboy -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 9:12:29 AM)

After having finally completed Enslaved, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Space 2 and the last Alan Wake DLC I'm looking for something new and spangly to play. I was going to go back and finish GTA IV before touching anything else but fook it, Crysis 2 it is!

I've just been watching the first 15 minutes gameplay trailer on Eurogamer, it's sooooooo purty!

sroey -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 10:45:33 AM)

I am surprised this hasnt had more love on here - although we have been hit with a deluge of FPS games lately...

Chief -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 10:47:49 AM)

I'll give it a couple of weeks but it looks pretty damn good. Probably my next purchase.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 1:25:59 PM)

I do want. The single player is supposed to be gratifying in many different ways, and I did enjoy the MP beta and the latest demo they released addressed many of the bugs of the beta. I purchased and completed Bulletstorm and Killzone 3, can I really afford another shooter?  

sroey -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 3:38:07 PM)

I know what you mean pluginbaby - but after I was fairly disappointed with Homefront and Killzone 3 I'm looking for my next fix.

IGNs video review shows some excellent carnage going on - all in a sandbox environment. IGN also state it is possible to stealthily avoid most of the big battles. I'm getting fed up of the heavily linear scripted games - especially Homefront and its 'Follow Connor' missions!

They also stated its the best looking console game period and I likes me purdy gfx

Bumfluff -> RE: Crysis 2 (23/3/2011 9:07:02 PM)

Game posted my copy yesterday so should have it tomorrow hopefully

Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI