RE: PROMETHEUS (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

darth silas -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 11:45:55 AM)

Ridley has said at comic-con that Prometheus will "more than likely" be a PG.Have fun kids!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 11:49:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Ridley has said at comic-con that Prometheus will "more than likely" be a PG.Have fun kids!

He didn't actully say that, but whatevas.

Ghidorah -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 2:35:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

He didn't actully say that, but whatevas.

Fox wants Prometheus to be PG-13 but Ridley Scott is not letting that get in his way of telling his story. The likely situation is a heavily cut version of Promethues will be released in the cinemas and down the road Alien fans will be getting an extended edition on DVD and Blu Ray.

MonsterCat -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 2:38:51 PM)

This might be a controversial opinion, but if Prometheus turns out to be a PG-13, then so what?

kumar -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 3:50:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

This might be a controversial opinion, but if Prometheus turns out to be a PG-13, then so what?

Then a lot of people (especially ones online) will be a bit dissapointed in the cinemas. They wont enjoy it because there will be the AVP crowd flooding the screens, The cut version may be better than AVP series but will not make as much money. We will have to wait 6 months for a directors cut which only big fans of the series will hunt down the directors cut which will probably only have some more swearing in and a tiny speck of blood. If that happens I probably wont bother with the DC and Ridley will have one more sub par film to add to his work.

Thats just speculation but in all honesty I probably will not see it if it is released as PG13.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:03:04 PM)

Was AvP: R good because it had blood everywhere?

MovieAddict247 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:04:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

Then a lot of people (especially ones online) will be a bit dissapointed in the cinemas. They wont enjoy it because there will be the AVP crowd flooding the screens, The cut version may be better than AVP series but will not make as much money. We will have to wait 6 months for a directors cut which only big fans of the series will hunt down the directors cut which will probably only have some more swearing in and a tiny speck of blood. If that happens I probably wont bother with the DC and Ridley will have one more sub par film to add to his work.

Thats just speculation but in all honesty I probably will not see it if it is released as PG13.

Very true. One of the worst things a PG-13 rating could bring is the wrong audience - you'd get people who can't shut up and seem unable to turn off their phones and families coming in for a blockbuster type film.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:04:47 PM)

No, AVP: R was good because the majority of it played out like a teen slasher flick and for that reason alone it's a unique beast which warrants it's place in cinema history!

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:07:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

No, AVP: R was good because the majority of it played out like a teen slasher flick and for that reason alone it's a unique beast which warrants it's place in cinema history!

Lol.

ANYWAYS - it has been said time and time again, this has loose connections to the Alien series AKA no actual xenomorphs. It seems to me this is an epic science ficiton, which in the last moments tie into the Alien universe. Whether this actually requires an R rating I don't know.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:12:42 PM)

Seriously the rating shouldn't be an issue and IF it is then Scott has already explained they will be shooting coverage which would warrant a unrated release when it is released on dvd or whatever so it's a win win. The film needs to be good. That's the most important thing. I'm hating all this 'loose connection to Alien' shite. It comes across as sounding like a flick no fan wants to see. Either do it about the Space Jokey etc or do a completely different film altogether. Seems like it's part of it is ashamed to be associated with Alien. Crazy!

MonsterCat -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:14:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

Very true. One of the worst things a PG-13 rating could bring is the wrong audience - you'd get people who can't shut up and seem unable to turn off their phones and families coming in for a blockbuster type film.

You get those kind of assholes watching 15 and 18 rated films, too.

When I went to see Attack the Block some dickhead's phone went off and he took the call.

MovieAddict247 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:25:20 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: MovieAddict247

You get those kind of assholes watching 15 and 18 rated films, too.

When I went to see Attack the Block some dickhead's phone went off and he took the call.

True - lack of cinema etiquette knows no age boundaries.

But hopefully higher ratings have fewer families - try watching The Dark Knight next to a family when the youngest child was a girl of 7ish and the other kids were toddlers.

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:34:22 PM)

Saw Tree of Life the other day and there was a very old granny who came in late and was giggling and talking with her daughter/carer for a good 10 minutes.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:52:31 PM)

Not to get too much OT but that kind of stuff doesn't bother me. A lot of people who go the flicks just go for somthing to do. They aint all film nuts like all us lot on here. As long as someone ain't screaming down my ear talking in the flicks doesn't bother me tbh.

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 4:59:23 PM)

It bothers me, I'm sticking with BluRay home viewing for the near future.

kumar -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 5:38:07 PM)

quote:

Was AvP: R good because it had blood everywhere?

No. True point, but thats not what I meant. I dont know how to word this but I didnt mean blood in the AVP sense, but I was thinking something along the lines of the chestburster in Alien, Bishop torn to shreds in Aliens hell even the bit where the babything in Alien 4 bites the head off that crazy scientist man talking about butterflies.

^that reads like crap but i know what i meant!

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 5:45:26 PM)

Am I the only one concerned that Charlize Theron is in this? Almost every film she's in seems to flop.

kumar -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 5:54:36 PM)

Its not her fault the films are shit. Hancock wasnt all down to her, the film itself was tosh. I havent seen Aeon Flux but theres lots more actors/actresses that take on starring roles that lead the film (and hopefully make a superstar out of themselves), Halle Berry is one example.

To be honest though you do have a point. The only role comes to mind that she was great in was Devils Advocate. She is fit too.

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:05:29 PM)

Yeah she's hot (or was hot) but I don't recall any film she's been in pre-Oscar that was good or made any money.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:08:21 PM)

Ok - none of you will be going to see the next science ficiton film from the director of Blade Runner and Alien because it might be PG-13.

Hope you better all keep that promise.

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:10:22 PM)

quote:

Ok - none of you will be going to see the next science ficiton film from the director of Blade Runner and Alien because it might be PG-13.

I can't wait to see it (on Blu Ray) [:D]

kumar -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:11:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

quote:

Ill hold you to it if it is released as a PG 13. Dont know how I will prove it though.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:13:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

quote:

Ill hold you to it if it is released as a PG 13. Dont know how I will prove it though.

Tech woduln't be able to stay quiet.

And everyone who saw the footage says it deserves to be seen on a big screen.

MonsterCat -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:22:49 PM)

quote:

I'll see it. I don't care about the rating.

DONOVAN KURTWOOD -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:29:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The REAL Bozz

here here!

The REAL Bozz -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:41:35 PM)

quote:

Am I the only one concerned that Charlize Theron is in this? Almost every film she's in seems to flop.

In what context is that meant though Tech? She's more than a capable actress surely you're not questioning that? You'd think he'd cast Jessica Alba.

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:45:56 PM)

She's a good actress but her films seem to flop.

The REAL Bozz -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:49:29 PM)

If or when Promethius flops it won't be down to her it will be down to fact no one knows what sort of film it is. I think all this secrecy will end up turning against the film makers and hurt it's chances at the BO. General public won't care if its Scotts return to Sci Fi.

Rgirvan44 -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:51:00 PM)

Exact same thing was being said about Cameron pre-Avatar. 

Tech_Noir -> RE: PROMETHEUS (24/7/2011 6:53:18 PM)

Avatar was a hit because of 3D and Leona Lewis. [:D]

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI